Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Thread: Bruins @ Devils l 10/25/03 l 7:30 ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
2-1 Devs

Langenbrunner scores SH'ed.

Jillson made a bad mistake.....pass up the middle and it was ill advised......and turnover and in the net.

Old
10-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pei_bruins
Not the prettiest goal, but we'll take it! Also, I liked what I saw of Samsonov and Zinovjev out there together. Green is out there with McCarthy and Grosek so it looks like Zinovjev will be on the second line for a while.
PROBABLY SO...but when Zaumner returns there may be a dilemma

Old
10-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
Wasn't Razor's fault then?

Old
10-25-2003, 04:14 PM
TheBigBadB

ugh..Welcome to the NHL Zino...ouch!..He'll learn...but so far he looks good...maybe a little light on his feet..but smart and has good puck handling skill...Now he needs to learn english for heads up!!!!

Old
10-25-2003, 04:21 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Neither of the goals can necessarily be faulted to Raycroft, but we would be screaming if this was last season. Raycroft doesn't seem as sharp as he has been....

Old
10-25-2003, 04:22 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBRUINS19
Wasn't Razor's fault then?
langenbrunner ripped one short side, top shelf on a partial breakaway. nice shot for sure, although i'm not a goalie, so i don't know if it was poor technique...i don't think it was

Old
10-25-2003, 04:23 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
langenbrunner ripped one short side, top shelf on a partial breakaway. nice shot for sure, although i'm not a goalie, so i don't know if it was poor technique...i don't think it was
I think Raycroft went down to early....although Langenfluffer thread the needle on that one......

Old
10-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr
Not getting to watch this one...but Green goes off...Zino comes in and Lapointe scores. Maybe Zin had nothing to do with the goal but from here it looks pretty obvious...

Enjoy the fourth line Travis.
It was a PP goal...had nothing to do with Zinoviev or Green.

Zinoviev and Sammy did look very good together. I am very impressed with this kid. He hustles for the puck, skates very well (ahem Jeff), and certainly doesnt look out of place. I hope he stays with Samsonov for now. Great scouting and drafting to uncover this guy.

Overall a bad period though. They seem to be picking it up, but IMO Samsonov had a bad period....three or four terrible turnovers in bad spots. Jillson bad turnover that caused the second goal...a line change was obviously needed.

One thing I want to see is Colin White taking a beating from someone for those hits on Zinoviev.

I really like the fourth line of Green, McCarthy and Grosek..they looked very comfortable out there.

2 more periods to go....

Old
10-25-2003, 04:28 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

I've been flipping back and forth between the B's and the WS game.

Saw Zino first shift on the 4th line. Nothing impressive, but who can look impressive on that line

Saw Zino's first shift with the real big boys, and was extremely impressed. Had a very nice shift. Showed great vision making a pass towards Sammy breaking to the net, just barely missed connections, Made anothe good play to tray and set up LaPointe

Definately impressed me on that shift

Old
10-25-2003, 04:39 PM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Zino looks pretty good with Sammy. They seem to be on the same wave length. Fast tempo = fast thinking. I like Green, but it takes a special player to think the fast-paced game like Sammy plays.

Old
10-25-2003, 04:55 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
The Bruins did everything right except score on that last power play. Very nice work by Samsonov and Bergeron down low. The Bruins then followed that up with an excellent penalty kill. I don't think the Devils even got a shot on that power play. The Bruins are playing pretty well right now, by Brodeur is playing extremely well. He absolutely robbed Knuble earlier in the period.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:01 PM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
well I missed the first period and a half.....

Looks like I missed a lot, huh? So far I see Zino's in the line up..... and he looks good? I like hearing that.

I miss anything else (aside from the score, lol)?

Old
10-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Bruwinz37

Better period. I think it is clear that Zinoviev will be sticking around.

I cant get over how well Bergeron and Samsonov play together on the PP. Our second PP with them look better than Joe's line. I honestly would love to see a Bergeron/Sammy/Zina line full time. They may lack toughness, but I think they would do great together.

Gotta love the kids (Jillson, Raycroft, Bergeron and Zinoviev) making an impact. Gives us a lot more flexibility to make future deals and signings.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:07 PM
mmmBeer

Zinovjev seems to have remarkable accelaration... he seemed to go from a dead stop to full speed in half a step, then stop and cut back only to be at full speed the other way in another half step... too bad he didn't get anywhere.

I like the simplicity of Bergeron's game better... its amazing for an 18 year old to make the right decision with the puck as often as he does. I don't think he does anything remarkably well except make decisions... I mean he seems to have above average skills on top of that, but its his decision making ability that makes him look like a 10 year vet out there.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:14 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBBruin
Zinovjev seems to have remarkable accelaration... he seemed to go from a dead stop to full speed in half a step, then stop and cut back only to be at full speed the other way in another half step... too bad he didn't get anywhere.

I like the simplicity of Bergeron's game better... its amazing for an 18 year old to make the right decision with the puck as often as he does. I don't think he does anything remarkably well except make decisions... I mean he seems to have above average skills on top of that, but its his decision making ability that makes him look like a 10 year vet out there.
he does. and imagine what he'll look like in 2-3 years
thornton-bergeron looks like it'll be an excellent 1-2 punch for many years.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBBruin
Absolutely.

He takes the shot on the forehand, but when the puck is blocked by the Devils D in front of the net, he calmly collects the rebound, spins around to his backhand, and gets a nice pass off that Lapointe just misses or else it's a 2-2 game.

How many kids would've simply tried to rip the shot on his forehand again, even though the defender was still there and probably would've blocked it once more?

Instead, Bergeron had the presence of mind to change the positioning of the puck to his backhand so as to get a shot on net.

This gets back to what Scott Bradley was talking about in Nashville when he said that Bergeron is one of those players who has the ability to slow the game down. He's patient, smart and makes decisions in the blink of an eye. Much like Adam Oates and Ron Francis, he makes something happen out of nothing, and often times, makes it look easy even though the plays are happening at top speed.

Think of all the scoring chances he's created that haven't paid dividends. As he gets older and more experienced, those pucks are going to go in with more regularity. The Bruins truly have a diamond-in-the-rough here.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:17 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
wierd game, the Broons are playing OK, but the Devils seem to have their number...atleast two posts by the Devils; Madden and Langenbrunner are outstanding- I noticed Sullivan pulling a quick change to get them away from Thornton's line.

Bergeron imo was the best forward again for the Broons.

Boynton and Jillson made mistakes on the goals but Boynton rocked Ralfski on a Stevens like setup. Jillson made a very good rush and continues to look pretty good.

Brickley correct on defensive zone positioning of forwards- they are getting outplayed in defensive zone.

Zinovjev certainly has some talent but is playing like he is thinking more than reacting- seems a bit unaware of where to be, compounded by playing with Samsonov. They were all over the place on that last line and you can see alot of odd man rushes with these guys.

Overall, looking decent but going to be tough to take out the Devils with their system in place to sufficate Joe.

Bergeron is going to be better than many, many of the top 10 picks in this draft- the kid has the kavorka. Some sponser should have the Bergeron subtle play of the game.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:17 PM
tarabelle99

I really like that these kids are doing so well, I just hope that they can carry it through the entire season.

I remember Huml looking very good at the beginning of last year, and look what happened there?

Is Jurcina still playing in the press box, or did they decide to send him down yet (I've been busy as of late, haven't been able to follow TOO much lol) ?

Old
10-25-2003, 05:20 PM
BostonGrl819

Bergeron SCORES!!!

Old
10-25-2003, 05:20 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
<marquee><font size=7 color=gold>SCORE BERGERON!!!</font></marquee>

Old
10-25-2003, 05:21 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
Nice goal by Bergeron, he was in the right place at the right time like usual, and he roofed it over Brodeur's trapper.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury77
<marquee><font size=7 color=gold>SCORE BERGERON!!!</font></marquee>
Ahem...as I was saying...

Old
10-25-2003, 05:25 PM
BostonGrl819

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Gill's been more physical lately.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:26 PM
mattkaz

Just give him the Calder now.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:26 PM
tarabelle99

I can't believe what a surprise Bergeron has been, I am absolutely loving this kid so far!

Closed Thread