10-25-2003, 05:43 PM
BostonGrl819

vCash: 500
Joe SCORES!!!

Old
10-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
5-2

<marquee><font size=7 color=black>SCORE JOE!!!</font></marquee>

Another big goal

Old
10-25-2003, 05:44 PM
BostonGrl819

Great powerplay by the Bruins. I really like the combinations Sullivan's using. That was some impressive stickwork by Bergeron early on, too.

I noticed Jillson's playing with Gill, so who is Boynton now paired with???

Old
10-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Alexander

vCash:
Thats all she wrote.

Wow, what a third period flurry. Scoring 4 goals on Broduer is tough, scoring 4 goals on Broduer within 15 minutes is simply amazing.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:45 PM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
Lines seem to be clicking now, looks like there is finally some chemistry between them

Old
10-25-2003, 05:49 PM
neelynugs

get zamuner back, and i think the only thing this team is missing is 1 more solid Dman, preferably one who skates well with the puck.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Your right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
zino HAS to live up to the hype...i had this avatar for 4 months waiting for him to prove me right for hoping in him DEFINETELY one of the sweetest give and gos i've seen. it made the devils come right unglued that goal...GO ZINO GO!!
...you've been hanging on to that avatar longer than most would it looks like its going to pay some sweet dividends. Good work my friend.

edit: grammatical

Old
10-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
I love this game!!

Old
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pei_bruins
Don't give it to him just yet. I want to see Zinovjev play a couple more games first.
I think Bergeron for Calder; Bergeron or Zach Parise????

Old
10-25-2003, 06:04 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGrl819
Muzz scores!!!!!!! He just kinda froze afterwards-looked like he was so relieved to finally score!
Muzz looked like he just got asked to the prom

Old
10-25-2003, 06:05 PM
BostonGrl819

On OT Tom Caron came up with a nickname for Zinovjev and Samsonov: the Flying Sergeis!

Old
Kirk- NEHJ

New moniker for Samsonov and Zinovjev coined by Tom Caron: "The Flying Sergei's"

Excellent.

Old
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
With Zino and Of course Bergerboy playing well is Booger(hilbert) expendable? how about hilbert and 3rd to calgary for Gauthier?

Old
10-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Bruwinz37

What can I say that hasnt already been said. This team looks GREAT!

Bergeron is just going to be one of those guys that drive teams crazy. He is costantly around the puck, creating chances, and playing great D. What an unbelievable find.

Raycroft was great again...this kid is the real deal.

What I really love about this team is how competitive they are. They compete for every loose puck, fight hard in all the tough place and dont give up.

People may talk about all the talent we had back in 1997, but the futue is brighter now than it has been in eons here in Boston.

GO B'S!

Old
10-25-2003, 06:09 PM
Sleemans

Great 3rd period comeback ...
A lot of positives: Bergeron, Zinovjev with Sammy, Raycroft played well after maybe going down too soon on Devil's 2nd goal.
One thing though..Could we please get off to a better start. We can't keep giving up the 1st goal and expect to come back every night.
Bring on the Hated Habs !!

Old
10-25-2003, 06:10 PM
DKH

three stars on radio are Raycroft first, Bergeron second, and Samsonov third. I agree with first two but Sammy reminded me of his rookie year- all over the place; maybe its Halloween season to Sammy because he was trick or treat all the way. They did mention his poor first period. Btw- how will MOC sleep tonight. I actually would have made McGillis third star- he made the great play on the 3 on 1; made several clearing plays on swarming Devils (sounds like a horror flick) and made the shot Joe banged home.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:12 PM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Wowza. Nice play by the Sergeis. McCarthy really got that started, though. Nice way to take one for the team, Sandy!

I got chills watching Zinovjev and Samsonov together. They seem to have some kinda mojo- maybe it's because they both came up in the same style of game. Dunno. But it seems to work! Hope it keeps up, because this could be one DEEP team.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:13 PM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
wow

I gotta say I was very impressed with the Bruins tonight. It looks like coming from behind is something this team is very good at. It would be nice to see them score first and hold a lead for a game, but I'll take a win any way I can.

Bergeron continues to impress me, both offensively and defensively. He looked very good with Samsonov on the powerplay. How long before we see them on the same line? I'd like to see Bergeron-Zinovjev-Samsonov. Ordinarily I wouldn't want to put two rookies on the same line, but both of these guys seem to play both ends of the ice equally well, which is something you can't say for both rookies.

I was definitely impressed with Zinovjev. He looked very comfortable out there with the puck, it looks like we found someone who can compliment Samsonov out there. The goal was a perfectly executed give and go. But what really impressed me was the little things he did out there. Like Bergeron, he doesn't play like a rookie out there. He was hustling all night, and showed some good wheels. He forechecked and backchecked well, and does not appear to be a liability defensivle. He did a good job keeping the puck in the zone a couple of times. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this kid. One play that sticks out in my mind was when he was trying to carry the puck into the Devils zone along the boards when the d-man rubbed him out, but he fought through the check and eventually caught up with the puck. Nothing came of it, but it really showed some good hustle/never give up attitude on his part.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:14 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
What can I say that hasnt already been said. This team looks GREAT!

Bergeron is just going to be one of those guys that drive teams crazy. He is costantly around the puck, creating chances, and playing great D. What an unbelievable find.

Raycroft was great again...this kid is the real deal.

What I really love about this team is how competitive they are. They compete for every loose puck, fight hard in all the tough place and dont give up.

People may talk about all the talent we had back in 1997, but the futue is brighter now than it has been in eons here in Boston.

GO B'S!
They were pretty inconsistent though until the third and had Gionta banged that one in at end who knows how this would have ended. Beers said speaking to Bruins front office person (MOC or Gorton) between second and third period said the Bruins should have alot of energy for the third since they didn't use much up in first two periods. Add that to the Canes game and thats 5 periods in row they were at best fair. I love this group but they aren't yet the 76-79 Habs. They'll be fun but still need a couple of pieces before Mizral will consider them playoff worthy

Old
10-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
They were pretty inconsistent though until the third and had Gionta banged that one in at end who knows how this would have ended. Beers said speaking to Bruins front office person (MOC or Gorton) between second and third period said the Bruins should have alot of energy for the third since they didn't use much up in first two periods. Add that to the Canes game and thats 5 periods in row they were at best fair. I love this group but they aren't yet the 76-79 Habs. They'll be fun but still need a couple of pieces before Mizral will consider them playoff worthy
I thought they played a good second period too. The first they seemed a bit off but they just keep coming at you. I really like the makeup of this team.

As far as what Mizral thinks about this team means very little to me.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:39 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
I was definitely impressed with Zinovjev. He looked very comfortable out there with the puck, it looks like we found someone who can compliment Samsonov out there. The goal was a perfectly executed give and go. But what really impressed me was the little things he did out there. Like Bergeron, he doesn't play like a rookie out there. He was hustling all night, and showed some good wheels. He forechecked and backchecked well, and does not appear to be a liability defensivle. He did a good job keeping the puck in the zone a couple of times. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this kid. One play that sticks out in my mind was when he was trying to carry the puck into the Devils zone along the boards when the d-man rubbed him out, but he fought through the check and eventually caught up with the puck. Nothing came of it, but it really showed some good hustle/never give up attitude on his part.
In my case, you're preaching to the converted. After I downloaded about a dozen of his Russian league video highlights, I knew he was special and not empty hype.

See my first post on 9/10: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=10028

Old
10-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Like Bergeron, he doesn't play like a rookie out there. He was hustling all night, and showed some good wheels. He forechecked and backchecked well, and does not appear to be a liability defensivle. He did a good job keeping the puck in the zone a couple of times. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with this kid.
Six seasons in the RSL will do that for you.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:21 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
A little off-topic here, but the Oliers-Flames games are worth the total price of NHL Center Ice...These teams play great games!

Great game by our B's.!

Old
10-25-2003, 07:27 PM
BostonGrl819

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
A little off-topic here, but the Oliers-Flames games are worth the total price of NHL Center Ice...These teams play great games!

Great game by our B's.!
I somehow get Hockey Night in Canada, so I've been watching the game.

I was hoping to see Salo fight Iginla after he left his crease to shove him!

Old
10-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8

Great game by our B's.!
Gotta love the Battle of Alberta. I make it a point to always watch these games. Very entertaining games. Actually I find Edmonton a very entertaining team always.

Closed Thread