HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

One Piece Coffey pattern

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2006, 12:57 PM
mugu

vCash: 500
One Piece Coffey pattern

Hi All

Can someone tell me where I can get a one piece coffey pattern 95-100 flex

I live in Calgary

Thanks

Old
02-13-2006, 12:58 PM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
The Easton Gaborik pattern is the old Yzerman, which was the Coffey pattern. You should be able to find a synergy st with a gaborik pattern. I dont think many were sold, so they might even be cheap.

Old
02-13-2006, 01:47 PM
JaskulaR

Sher-Wood makes the Momentums with a Coffey pattern, if you're looking for something a little heavier than the Synergy. They can be tough to find sometimes

Old
02-13-2006, 03:26 PM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
Momentum is a carbon covered wood stick that is semi-hollow. Its honestly a pretty crappy stick, especially for the price.

Old
02-13-2006, 03:43 PM
bleedgreen

the gaborik easton is an easton 5.5 lie - which is much close to sherwoods 5.5 lie than the easton yzerman 6.0. if the lie of the coffey is something you like i would say definitely go for easton gaborik, not the yzerman. easton lie's seem to be just under .5 higher than everyone elses.

Old
02-13-2006, 03:49 PM
mugu

Thanks you guys and keep the response coming

the lie of the stick will matter to me as Im finding its much harder to change the style of my skating and stick handling to adjust to the lie then it is to just adjust the lie itself, but i also want the same curve as the coffey blade

Old
02-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Brodeur

This year's batch fo Synergy's is going back to the Yzerman, which I assume means the old 6 lie. 1800faceoff and other sites are trying to clear out the old batches of Synergy's, so you might be able to get an ST Gaborik for $120 US.

Old
02-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Jacob

vCash: 549
Not to threadjack, but a follow-up blade pattern question: Anyone know which Bauer blade pattern has the deepest curve between the Naslund, Kovalchuk (71) or Hossa (9)?

Old
02-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Not to threadjack, but a follow-up blade pattern question: Anyone know which Bauer blade pattern has the deepest curve between the Naslund, Kovalchuk (71) or Hossa (9)?
Naslund and Kovalchuk retail blades are 1/2", Hossa's is 3/8". If I'm not mistaken, Hossa is basically a clone of the Easton Modano/Forsberg (real mild closed face) while the Naslund is an Easton Sakic clone.

Old
02-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Sticks of Fury

Try Costco in calgary.

Old
02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
jiggs 10

The CCM one-piece in the Thornton pattern is the exact same curve as the Coffey (although i don't know what the lie is). The Gaborik is different from the Yzerman (I had an Yzerman, it has more of a twist at the toe), but is also fairly close to the Coffey. I am a Coffey pattern user in both all-wood sticks and in the shaft/blade. I would like to see Sher-Wood come out with a good composite in the Coffey pattern (at least in my city, you can't find such a thing).

Old
02-17-2006, 04:17 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
The CCM one-piece in the Thornton pattern is the exact same curve as the Coffey (although i don't know what the lie is). The Gaborik is different from the Yzerman (I had an Yzerman, it has more of a twist at the toe), but is also fairly close to the Coffey. I am a Coffey pattern user in both all-wood sticks and in the shaft/blade. I would like to see Sher-Wood come out with a good composite in the Coffey pattern (at least in my city, you can't find such a thing).
Anyone else find it strange that a great stick manufacture like Sher-wood doesn't make a one piece composite? This was a company that not to long ago was the top manufacture of sticks in the NHL. They were even behind the curve (no pun intended) when the whole shaft/blade combo hit the market. We are what like 5 years into the whole one piece composite thing and Sher-wood has yet to make something comparable.

I used to love my PMP 5030. They still make a hell of a blade though.

Closed Thread