HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ferland article

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 06:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Ferland article

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...23/234715.html

from the Bulldogs site. An interesting read.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Joe Malone

Nice read Montreal. Thanks.

I don't mean to change the topic of your thread, but can you confirm this about Kastitsyn? I read it on another board.

"Kastitsyn was called back to play in the Super League because of his good performance with CSKA-2. In 8 games with the CSKA-2, he scored 8 goals and added 5 assists for 13 points."

Old
10-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Démon Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...23/234715.html

from the Bulldogs site. An interesting read.

Thanks Dan, indeed a interesting read

I like the red Bulldog uniform, that logo with the Habs red is a knocker!

Old
10-23-2003, 07:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Nice read Montreal. Thanks.

I don't mean to change the topic of your thread, but can you confirm this about Kastitsyn? I read it on another board.

"Kastitsyn was called back to play in the Super League because of his good performance with CSKA-2. In 8 games with the CSKA-2, he scored 8 goals and added 5 assists for 13 points."

Yes he has been called up, but hasn't dressed for the two games he's been up for. They play Saturday the 25th as their next game.

CSKA-2...GP-8......G-8......A-5......PTS-13.....PIM-4

In any league a goal a game is never bad. Hopefully he comes over next year.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:09 AM
Darz

Dan, couple quick questions.

As a Ferland fan, and a guy who has followed his progress closely the past year or two, what do you think of his progress and game this year? Do you see him improving to the point where he possiblely could be a top six forward in montreal in the future, or does his future hold more of a 3rd/4th line job? Also what kind of timetable do you see him on (shot in Montreal this year, next year, three years away?) Look into your crystal ball.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Dan, couple quick questions.

As a Ferland fan, and a guy who has followed his progress closely the past year or two, what do you think of his progress and game this year? Do you see him improving to the point where he possiblely could be a top six forward in montreal in the future, or does his future hold more of a 3rd/4th line job? Also what kind of timetable do you see him on (shot in Montreal this year, next year, three years away?) Look into your crystal ball.

I'll be able to tell you more next week after I get back from a 3 game trip of the Dogs. But for now I think he's shown great progress to get to this point, but we'll have to see how he responds to the faster AHL. So far I've listened to most of the Dogs games on the radio, and he seems to be playing ok. He has had a few big hits, but hasn't gotten the offense going yet. He's been playing on the 3rd line at times, and is the 3rd youngest player on the team after Perezhogin.

As for his future, who knows it's tough to say what line he will play on. If he continues to work on his skating speed and maybe gets a little bigger/stronger (since he plays a physical game) he should make the NHL someday. I'd say 3rd or 4th line for now, but that doesn't mean much of anything.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Yes he has been called up, but hasn't dressed for the two games he's been up for. They play Saturday the 25th as their next game.

CSKA-2...GP-8......G-8......A-5......PTS-13.....PIM-4

In any league a goal a game is never bad. Hopefully he comes over next year.
Thanks Dan.

Old
10-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Corey

From what I saw of Ferland in the preseason against the Bruins (he was on a line with Higgins) he has an outside chance of making the Habs in a few years (when he's 22 or 23). He's physical and he has some skills.

Closed Thread