HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ferland article

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2003, 06:01 PM
  #1
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Ferland article

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...23/234715.html

from the Bulldogs site. An interesting read.

montreal is online now  
Old
10-23-2003, 06:27 PM
  #2
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Joe Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Nice read Montreal. Thanks.

I don't mean to change the topic of your thread, but can you confirm this about Kastitsyn? I read it on another board.

"Kastitsyn was called back to play in the Super League because of his good performance with CSKA-2. In 8 games with the CSKA-2, he scored 8 goals and added 5 assists for 13 points."

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
10-23-2003, 06:28 PM
  #3
Démon Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Québec
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/20...23/234715.html

from the Bulldogs site. An interesting read.

Thanks Dan, indeed a interesting read

I like the red Bulldog uniform, that logo with the Habs red is a knocker!

Démon Blond is offline  
Old
10-23-2003, 07:26 PM
  #4
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Nice read Montreal. Thanks.

I don't mean to change the topic of your thread, but can you confirm this about Kastitsyn? I read it on another board.

"Kastitsyn was called back to play in the Super League because of his good performance with CSKA-2. In 8 games with the CSKA-2, he scored 8 goals and added 5 assists for 13 points."

Yes he has been called up, but hasn't dressed for the two games he's been up for. They play Saturday the 25th as their next game.

CSKA-2...GP-8......G-8......A-5......PTS-13.....PIM-4


In any league a goal a game is never bad. Hopefully he comes over next year.

montreal is online now  
Old
10-24-2003, 05:09 AM
  #5
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,435
vCash: 500
Dan, couple quick questions.

As a Ferland fan, and a guy who has followed his progress closely the past year or two, what do you think of his progress and game this year? Do you see him improving to the point where he possiblely could be a top six forward in montreal in the future, or does his future hold more of a 3rd/4th line job? Also what kind of timetable do you see him on (shot in Montreal this year, next year, three years away?) Look into your crystal ball.

Darz is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 09:58 AM
  #6
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Dan, couple quick questions.

As a Ferland fan, and a guy who has followed his progress closely the past year or two, what do you think of his progress and game this year? Do you see him improving to the point where he possiblely could be a top six forward in montreal in the future, or does his future hold more of a 3rd/4th line job? Also what kind of timetable do you see him on (shot in Montreal this year, next year, three years away?) Look into your crystal ball.

I'll be able to tell you more next week after I get back from a 3 game trip of the Dogs. But for now I think he's shown great progress to get to this point, but we'll have to see how he responds to the faster AHL. So far I've listened to most of the Dogs games on the radio, and he seems to be playing ok. He has had a few big hits, but hasn't gotten the offense going yet. He's been playing on the 3rd line at times, and is the 3rd youngest player on the team after Perezhogin.

As for his future, who knows it's tough to say what line he will play on. If he continues to work on his skating speed and maybe gets a little bigger/stronger (since he plays a physical game) he should make the NHL someday. I'd say 3rd or 4th line for now, but that doesn't mean much of anything.

montreal is online now  
Old
10-24-2003, 10:49 AM
  #7
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Joe Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Yes he has been called up, but hasn't dressed for the two games he's been up for. They play Saturday the 25th as their next game.

CSKA-2...GP-8......G-8......A-5......PTS-13.....PIM-4


In any league a goal a game is never bad. Hopefully he comes over next year.
Thanks Dan.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 12:16 PM
  #8
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
From what I saw of Ferland in the preseason against the Bruins (he was on a line with Higgins) he has an outside chance of making the Habs in a few years (when he's 22 or 23). He's physical and he has some skills.

Corey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.