HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers report card

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 07:55 PM
hockeyaddict101

vCash: 500
Oilers report card

Just to save a lot of time and space. Bad defensive game by everyone. Coverage on own zone consisted of watching the Avalanche and not taking anybody.

Brewer - Wow I thought it couldn't get much worse than the St. Louis game. Blech. After the 5-1 goal he only had one more shift when the Oilers were two man short and only had four dman available. He needs to get his head out of his (I won't finish that sentence)

Chimera - A little better of an effort I actually noticed a few good plays, but to me he has been very dissapointing this season and tonight was no exception.

Conklin - No chance on the goals but a bad play handling the puck that almost cost us. Hope his injury is not too serious.

Cross - No worse than any other dman tonight.

Dvorak - One of the few Oilers that created any offence. Created a lot of chances tonight but the Oilers couldn't bury any of those chances.

Ferguson - Like most of the defence, not a great effort but wasn't the worse guy out there.

Hemsky - Not his best effort. Struggled early, played a little bit better later but by then it was too late.

Horcoff - He struggled as well, a lot of bad passes.

Isbister - He is not creating much and besides a nice hit at the end when the game was over, nothing!

Laraque - See above, nothing!

Moreau - The best Oiler this evening, some might complain about him jumping in and taking 17 minutes of penalties but someone had to try to spark his team and get some emotion into the game. Took an unsportsmanlike penalty late but the game was already over. More Oilers need to start showing some emotion and working hard every night

Pisani - His best game before he was kicked out. If Sakic doesn't hit the goalpost and was cut it would have been a two minute penalty.

Reasoner - Again a pretty good game, created some good chances on the PK before the game was out of reach.

Salo - Tough time to come in cold, and let in a bad PP goal but the rest weren't his fault.

Semenov - Tough night, made some bad reads and struggled to get the puck out of his zone.

Smith - Really didn't do anything to take control. Where are you O' Captain, O'Captain.

Smyth - Made a few good plays but needs to be one of the strongest Oilers every night and I can't say he was tonight.

Staios - Been very solid all season, but like struggled tonight.

Torres - Not a lot of ice time again. Made one nice rush when the game was out of reach, other than that. Nothing.

York - Not his best effort. Got knocked off the puck easily and really wasn't great at both ends of the ice.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:28 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Spaz, i really appreciate these since i don't have any access to seeing the games.

Old
10-23-2003, 08:41 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
Spaz, i really appreciate these since i don't have any access to seeing the games.
Thanks, I will keep these going till the end of the season, because I know there are many that do not get to see the Oilers that often.

Old
10-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Pandastyle

Send a message via AIM to Pandastyle
The problem with Hemsky is that he just isn't that good away from the puck, IMO. If the puck isn't being worked in the offensive zone, he just isn't as noticeable. Last night (I only saw up until halfway into the 2nd), the puck just wasn't finding him. The only good chance he had with the puck he happened to let go to waste by sliding it weakly to the side of the goal.

For those who don't remember Hemsky skated in to Colorado's zone with one man in front of him (and Torres or Smyth off to his left but not open), but he kinda froze not knowing what to do, when he should have just used the Av as a screen and shot the puck. The puck ended up weakly going past the net, play over.

As everyone's been saying for the past year, Ales just needs to learn to not be afraid to shoot the puck.

Oh, and Staios has been great all year, in my mind, he's been the best dman in both the defensive and offensive zone so far.

Closed Thread