HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Proposal: Comrie to the Canes

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 06:10 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Proposal: Comrie to the Canes

I posted this on the Trades folder as well and i'd like to see what you guys think.

I'd look at this offer as good for the Oil and at the same time it would give the Canes an impressive 1-2 punch with Comrie and Staal at center. I'd rather Vrbata and Cole but i don't see the Canes parting with Cole anytime soon.What do you guys think?One thing the Oil have been missing since Guerin left was a trigger man and Vrbata has all the potential to be just that type of player.Comrie has scored nearly the same amount of points in his career as the other two have combined.

Comrie : GP 192,G 61,A 72,PTS 133

Vrbata : GP 128,G 34,A 31,PTS 65
Vasicek : GP 211,G 32,A 40,PTS 72

Like i said above,i'd rather Cole and Vrbata but the Canes wouldn't go for that would they?What if the Oil throw in a prospect?Rita?He is obviously is not going to get a chance in Edmonton.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:15 PM
LawnDemon

i'd be happy with comrie for vasicek straight up...

put an end to the nightmare and get a solid prospect (who's ready to play now) in return. fine by me...

Old
10-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Cerebral

Eww.. Vasicek has had a decent start to the year but I don't think he has near the trade value of Comrie (despite the recent article about Comrie never playing for Edmonton again).

Old
10-26-2003, 06:34 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Eww.. Vasicek has had a decent start to the year but I don't think he has near the trade value of Comrie (despite the recent article about Comrie never playing for Edmonton again).

Totally agree Cerebral.....add in Vrbata and it's pretty hard to pass up on.

Old
10-26-2003, 07:44 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Vasicek certainly doesn't have Comries value. Vasiceks career potential numbers are what Comrie put up in his first full year!

Old
10-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

potential, potential, potential, potential, potential, potential....Brad Isbister, Ralph Internuovo, Eric Brewer, Jason Bonsignore, Steve Kelly, Alexander Daigle, Craig Millar, Barry Moore, Dan Cleary, Eric Fichaud, Brian Swanson...potential. Sometimes it's just that, just potential. We have alot of potential, the Oilers have the potential to be a top 4 team in the west, the Oilers have had potential for the past 6 years. Potential.....we had it, we have it, we don't need anymore.

Old
10-26-2003, 10:11 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
potential, potential, potential, potential, potential, potential....Brad Isbister, Ralph Internuovo, Eric Brewer, Jason Bonsignore, Steve Kelly, Alexander Daigle, Craig Millar, Barry Moore, Dan Cleary, Eric Fichaud, Brian Swanson...potential. Sometimes it's just that, just potential. We have alot of potential, the Oilers have the potential to be a top 4 team in the west, the Oilers have had potential for the past 6 years. Potential.....we had it, we have it, we don't need anymore.
MOWZIE IS ON FIRE!

Old
10-27-2003, 04:12 AM
Oil_in_my_veins

Quote:
Alexander Daigle???
Did I miss the memo about Daigle being an Oiler?

but I totally agree...If this team gets any younger we'll have to play at the Atom level!

Comrie + Salo to Carolina for Weeks + Vasicek + 2nd round draft pick

Old
10-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
And and what's with this Hemsky guy. Too much potential if you ask me. He better start delivering NOW!

Closed Thread