HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber?

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2006, 01:37 PM
puckwild

vCash: 500
Weber?

What kind of offensive potential does he have? Don't know much about him. With all your young D, is he at the top of the class. Does he have PP QB skills or would he be used mostly for a big shot? Just wondering if Zid leaves, where Weber would fit in and is next year too early for him to shine.

Old
02-06-2006, 06:00 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckwild
What kind of offensive potential does he have? Don't know much about him. With all your young D, is he at the top of the class. Does he have PP QB skills or would he be used mostly for a big shot? Just wondering if Zid leaves, where Weber would fit in and is next year too early for him to shine.
I think all of our young D (Hamhuis, Suter, Weber, Klein, Parent) have a ways to go before they can succesfully quaterback the powerplay on a consistent basis.

I'd be afraid to trade Zidlicky right now, without having another D-man that can consistently make things happen on the PP (to go along with Kimmo).

It would be cool if we could pick up a guy like Phillipe Boucher as a UFA this offseason. Then I'd be fine trading Zidlicky.

In terms of Weber's offensive potential... to be honest, none of us see him play in Milwaukkee. He's putting up good numbers, but i'd be hard for me to give an accurate opinion.

Old
02-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Slats432

Weber has good puck skills. I wouldn't call him an incredible offensive guy, but he keeps the puck in well on the PP, he also has a very good accurate shot.

He also knows when to just throw the puck on the net with a wrister. He makes quality decisions with the puck.

It depends really how Nashville decides to use him.

Old
02-06-2006, 07:10 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Weber has good puck skills. I wouldn't call him an incredible offensive guy, but he keeps the puck in well on the PP, he also has a very good accurate shot.

He also knows when to just throw the puck on the net with a wrister. He makes quality decisions with the puck.

Are you saying he has puck poise?

Old
02-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Are you saying he has puck poise?
Weber is not Martin Skoula, thank god

Old
02-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Stars-Preds

No freakin' kiddin. I defending Skoula when the Stars picked him up but wow this guy can drive you nuts. Turnovers and confusing decisions with the puck keep his teammates and fans guessing.

Old
02-07-2006, 02:38 PM
puckwild

Who is better offensively... Hamhuis, Suter, or Weber

Old
02-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckwild
Who is better offensively... Hamhuis, Suter, or Weber
I think Suter has the highest ceiling.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
I think Suter has the highest ceiling.

Suter to me is a QB...but Weber's the one with the good shot. Weber's shot is RIGHT NOW better than any other Predator defenseman's shot simply because he can do what all the greats do....Pronger...Leetch...Zubov...Lidstrom....he can keep it HARD AND LOW. Timonen, Zids, Suter and Hamhuis all have trouble keeping their shot down.

Old
02-07-2006, 03:24 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Suter is smooth, more so than even Hamhuis his first season, he's just not as good defensively yet.

Weber is just a beast, he moved Morrow around fairly easily last night, pissed Geurin off too. He needs to keep the puck handling simple and he'll be fine.

Old
02-07-2006, 04:46 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I think all of our young D (Hamhuis, Suter, Weber, Klein, Parent) have a ways to go before they can succesfully quaterback the powerplay on a consistent basis.

I'd be afraid to trade Zidlicky right now, without having another D-man that can consistently make things happen on the PP (to go along with Kimmo).

It would be cool if we could pick up a guy like Phillipe Boucher as a UFA this offseason. Then I'd be fine trading Zidlicky.

In terms of Weber's offensive potential... to be honest, none of us see him play in Milwaukkee. He's putting up good numbers, but i'd be hard for me to give an accurate opinion.
I agree. Hammer has looked a bit snake bitten from the point on the PP.

Old
02-07-2006, 08:58 PM
OilerOlli*

Wow, you guys have really a lot very good D-Prospects. Right now you have a good D already in Nashville, but when I see all your prospects, your Defense could be amazing in a few years.
Real good job by your GM and your Scouts!

Old
02-07-2006, 10:35 PM
handtrick

I just got my Hockey News "Top 50" Prospects report in the mail today.

Weber has catipulted to #4 overall behind only Malkin, Jack Johnson, and Bobby Ryan.

For the record....Radulov is #19, Upshall is #48, Shishkanov was rated #52, and Parent #67.

Some would argue about the validity of anything coming from "Hockey News," but I think it confirms the feeling that most of us have that Weber is about an "untouchable" of a prospect as we have.

Old
02-07-2006, 10:39 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:

Weber has catipulted to #4 overall behind only Malkin, Jack Johnson, and Bobby Ryan.

For the record....Radulov is #19, Upshall is #48, Shishkanov was rated #52, and Parent #67.

Some would argue about the validity of anything coming from "Hockey News," but I think it confirms the feeling that most of us have that Weber is about an "untouchable" of a prospect as we have.
I thought they had Shishkanov rated way too high. I'm one of his biggest fans, but no way he's as a good a prospect as Parent.

Old
02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I thought they had Shishkanov rated way too high. I'm one of his biggest fans, but no way he's as a good a prospect as Parent.

Yeah, that's borderline lunacy.

Old
02-07-2006, 11:21 PM
trickster

Weber

Quote:

Weber reminds me of Sundin...

Yes - I know... that seems odd... But watching Weber frequently in Kelowna - he has so much skill that he can elevate his play at certain moments, yet is mostly just good the rest of the time...

He is a guy from the D who can score when it is needed, but won't be at the top of the point lists...

Old
02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Upchuck19

Quote:

I've watch Jack Johnson in the last two WJ's, I take Weber over him anyday. Shea is tougher and has offensive upside that no one in Nashville has seen yet!

Old
02-16-2006, 01:10 PM
roryb

Question the validity of anything that comes from The Hockey News?

Wow...how often do you read it? and who do you go to for hockey info anyways?

Old
02-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryb

Sorry for having a opinion, isn't that why we come on to these boards. I don't read Hockey News, IMO they aren't very close in thier rankings of players.

I use to buy the Hockey News for two years, stopped because it wasn't worth the $4.00.

I have seen Weber live for three years and watched Johnson on TV for the last two WJ's, I think Weber will be a better d-man. Weber has the advantage of playing Junior hockey and Johnson played College. Weber played almost 300 games in the last three years, Johnson maybe 100?

Old
02-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryb

I stopped buying it as well because a company that can't ship me its magazine on time doesn't deserve my money. I never got the yearbook I was promised, I got magazines in bundles, 2-3 at a time, often times the magazine was folded in half or into four sections leaving it in terrible condition, and I never once got a magazine within a week's time of its due date. That is unprofessional and its no wonder some question the company's credibility with those things kept in mind. Still, I think HN is pretty reliable in terms of content, and I definitely weigh their opinions higher than what we have here at HF (as much as I appreciate the services provided to us for free....HN is just more connected, etc.)

02-18-2006, 06:49 PM
nuckfan insk

after watching the whl for the last 3 years personally i would have to say that weber is about as good of a d-man prospect as you can get. personally i like his game better than phaneuf (although im sure a lot would disagree). he knows how to win. personally i think he will be better than suter because of his all around game. nashvile has a gem and he will be great for many years to come.

Closed Thread