HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to call up Immonen/Dawes/Trade for Keith

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2006, 04:32 PM
  #1
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Time to call up Immonen/Dawes/Trade for Keith

Yep. It's time. Thanks to a big man named Rutuu. I'd like to fight him. Why is Jagr wearing that stupid silly helmet in the Olympics, there is 100 times more hitting in this than there is in the NHL.

So what should we do now..

(Was this better for you guys?)

Balej20* is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 04:40 PM
  #2
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,763
vCash: 500
whoah...i think you may be jumping the gun a bit. there's still no NHL hockey for a couple of weeks. let's at least wait and see how jagr is before we all go crazy.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 04:43 PM
  #3
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
whoah...i think you may be jumping the gun a bit. there's still no NHL hockey for a couple of weeks. let's at least wait and see how jagr is before we all go crazy.
I'm pretty sure something like this happening warrants us all going crazy. We are a shell of ourselves without Jagr and/or Lundqvist

Balej20* is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 04:52 PM
  #4
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 20,259
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Lets still keep hope that hes ok. Its very possible that he is.

Fire Sather is online now  
Old
02-18-2006, 04:53 PM
  #5
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Lets still keep hope that hes ok. Its very possible that he is.
I still want Ruutu to suffer a terrible life.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
  #6
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
this will either be a call-up/trade thread, or it will be closed.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 04:57 PM
  #7
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
this will either be a call-up/trade thread, or it will be closed.
Okie Dokie!

I'd call up Dawes.

Balej20* is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 05:02 PM
  #8
bcrt2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Calm down. We don't even know how bad the injury was.

bcrt2000 is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 05:04 PM
  #9
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I'm pretty sure something like this happening warrants us all going crazy. We are a shell of ourselves without Jagr and/or Lundqvist
Ok so if our two Olympian, league leaders in Jagr and Lundqvist go down, do you really see Immonen and Dawes picking up all of the slack? Immonen's a great player but he won't have a big effect on the team now if Jagr goes down.

I was a proponent for KT before, but I hadn't seen him much this year. Now that I'm seeing him now, I don't want any part of him and would l o a t h e it if we traded away prospects and picks for him.

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 05:36 PM
  #10
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
Wouldn't make a trade for Keith. Also for those who even contemplated wanting to get jackass Olli on this team, maybe now they can see him for what he really is, an A-hole. While Jagr shouldn't have been wearing that stupid lid, Ruutu shouldn't have taken the cheapshot the way he did, but payback is justified and warranted. Straka just started the pile on, more will follow. We can only hope that Jagr absorbed most the hit and a cut/black eye and sore shoulder are the only effects.

shoothepuck is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 06:26 PM
  #11
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,896
vCash: 500
IF Jagr is out, I call up Dawes. I move Sykora to the 1st line and Dawes to the 2nd and then the 3rd once Prucha comes back. This is all IF Jagr is out.

nyranger61494 is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
  #12
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Call me crazy but im not sold against KT being a valuable asset to this team. Lets just say on the hypothetical we get him, he coudl fill in for prucha if he is not back yet, and add some physical play to the second line. He would be lethal in front of the net, and with the right attitude a natural leader. Once Prucha gets back, I would not be against moving him into the LW slot with Orts and Moore, they could teach him a more defensive aspect to the game while he could be the scoring finish that line lacks. Just my opinion on the issue, as long as his asking price isn't any of our untouchable prospects.

Doyle is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 08:07 PM
  #13
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
Regardless of who is hurt--even if it's for the season--I am against trading anymore prospects or picks (except in the most minor of deals) this season. There is no guarantee that the team will continue to win--regardless of who is brought in to replace the injured player. Especially if the injured player is Jagr. There is still a great deal of rebuilding to do and panicking now will NOT help the future.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 08:11 PM
  #14
Kluivert4Ever
Registered User
 
Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Colton Orr purpose in New York just grew bigger than Jarko Ruutus cowardness.

Kluivert4Ever is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
  #15
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,748
vCash: 500
Depending on what we get for what we give is the rationale for making a trade. We have a lot of prospects right now for instance who would figure to be good 3rd and 4th line players. I'm not all that worried about dealing some of them or even 4th on down to 9th rd. draft picks. In any case there's no point in rushing into a trade just because of what happened today to Jagr. It may not be serious and bringing in Tkachuk might not be the answer to our immediate problem if Jaromir is out for a while and might even be counterproductive in the long run. We can always look at players in Hartford and give someone like Immonen or Dawes a good look. In any case the last time a real immediate need came after Mike Richter went down for the final time cost us a lot in rushing to make a deal for Dunham. We have a thread right now about how nice it would be to have Zidlicky now. Why repeat a piece of history that most of us would like to forget?

eco's bones is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 08:26 PM
  #16
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Colton Orr purpose in New York just grew bigger than Jarko Ruutus cowardness.
If, as you seem to suggest, Orr's purpose on the team is to go hunting for Ruutu's head, then you better be willing to send Orr some cash so he can leave the team and take a flight to wherever Ruutu will be on a given night--he's not coming back to New York this season. I would suggest giving Orr enough money to go to Canada--jails from what I hear are much nicer up there.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
  #17
Kluivert4Ever
Registered User
 
Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
If, as you seem to suggest, Orr's purpose on the team is to go hunting for Ruutu's head, then you better be willing to send Orr some cash so he can leave the team and take a flight to wherever Ruutu will be on a given night--he's not coming back to New York this season. I would suggest giving Orr enough money to go to Canada--jails from what I hear are much nicer up there.

I did not mean that, I meant that this might remind the Rangers of the importance of having someone out there to protect Jagr. I have seen the replay many times now and we are LUCKY, if Jagr comes out if this without any major injuries.
The way his head smashed into the boards while his neck was bent could have been devestating.

Kluivert4Ever is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 09:11 PM
  #18
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
I did not mean that, I meant that this might remind the Rangers of the importance of having someone out there to protect Jagr. I have seen the replay many times now and we are LUCKY, if Jagr comes out if this without any major injuries.
The way his head smashed into the boards while his neck was bent could have been devestating.
Sorry, but, we've had this discussion all season: do you really think having a goon on the lineup today would have made Ruutu think twice?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 09:22 PM
  #19
Kluivert4Ever
Registered User
 
Kluivert4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Sorry, but, we've had this discussion all season: do you really think having a goon on the lineup today would have made Ruutu think twice?

Yes, I do. I cannot say for sure though, some players do not care and Ruute could be one of them, but I can almost certainly say that there are some players who would think twice and seeing how bad Jagr could have gotten hurt tonight made me think that I want to avoid as many of these incidents as possible.

Kluivert4Ever is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 10:43 PM
  #20
natureboy*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Yep. It's time. Thanks to a big man named Rutuu. I'd like to fight him. Why is Jagr wearing that stupid silly helmet in the Olympics, there is 100 times more hitting in this than there is in the NHL.

So what should we do now..

(Was this better for you guys?)
Yean what's up with that gretzky like helmet?

natureboy* is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 10:50 PM
  #21
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Regardless of who is hurt--even if it's for the season--I am against trading anymore prospects or picks (except in the most minor of deals) this season. There is no guarantee that the team will continue to win--regardless of who is brought in to replace the injured player. Especially if the injured player is Jagr. There is still a great deal of rebuilding to do and panicking now will NOT help the future.
Agreed. Let the chips fall where they will this season. If the team collapses without Jagr (and it almost certainly will), that's a clear indicator of just how far from contention the team is. The Flyers have been devastated by injuries and yet remain competitive.

dedalus is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 11:27 PM
  #22
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Regardless of who is hurt--even if it's for the season--I am against trading anymore prospects or picks (except in the most minor of deals) this season. There is no guarantee that the team will continue to win--regardless of who is brought in to replace the injured player. Especially if the injured player is Jagr. There is still a great deal of rebuilding to do and panicking now will NOT help the future.
Agreed. Good teams have depth to overcome injuries. If we can not win without Jagr then so be it. Keep rebuilding. We've come far in a short amount of time.

DarthSather99 is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 11:30 PM
  #23
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
I think it has more to do with our prospects being 2-3 years down the line. Because of this we built the team around Jagr, and rightfully so. Making him happy has inspired the whole team to play better. If he is to get hurt, there needs to be something to take the pressure off of that hole, something we obviously don't have. KT would be a decent stopgap, but the asking price would definately be way too high.

Doyle is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.