HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to call up Immonen/Dawes/Trade for Keith

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Time to call up Immonen/Dawes/Trade for Keith

Yep. It's time. Thanks to a big man named Rutuu. I'd like to fight him. Why is Jagr wearing that stupid silly helmet in the Olympics, there is 100 times more hitting in this than there is in the NHL.

So what should we do now..

(Was this better for you guys?)

Old
02-18-2006, 04:40 PM
broadwayblue

whoah...i think you may be jumping the gun a bit. there's still no NHL hockey for a couple of weeks. let's at least wait and see how jagr is before we all go crazy.

Old
02-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
whoah...i think you may be jumping the gun a bit. there's still no NHL hockey for a couple of weeks. let's at least wait and see how jagr is before we all go crazy.
I'm pretty sure something like this happening warrants us all going crazy. We are a shell of ourselves without Jagr and/or Lundqvist

Old
02-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Lets still keep hope that hes ok. Its very possible that he is.

Old
02-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather
Lets still keep hope that hes ok. Its very possible that he is.
I still want Ruutu to suffer a terrible life.

Old
02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Melrose_Jr.

this will either be a call-up/trade thread, or it will be closed.

Old
02-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
this will either be a call-up/trade thread, or it will be closed.
Okie Dokie!

I'd call up Dawes.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:02 PM
bcrt2000

Calm down. We don't even know how bad the injury was.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I'm pretty sure something like this happening warrants us all going crazy. We are a shell of ourselves without Jagr and/or Lundqvist
Ok so if our two Olympian, league leaders in Jagr and Lundqvist go down, do you really see Immonen and Dawes picking up all of the slack? Immonen's a great player but he won't have a big effect on the team now if Jagr goes down.

I was a proponent for KT before, but I hadn't seen him much this year. Now that I'm seeing him now, I don't want any part of him and would l o a t h e it if we traded away prospects and picks for him.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:36 PM
shoothepuck

Wouldn't make a trade for Keith. Also for those who even contemplated wanting to get jackass Olli on this team, maybe now they can see him for what he really is, an A-hole. While Jagr shouldn't have been wearing that stupid lid, Ruutu shouldn't have taken the cheapshot the way he did, but payback is justified and warranted. Straka just started the pile on, more will follow. We can only hope that Jagr absorbed most the hit and a cut/black eye and sore shoulder are the only effects.

Old
02-18-2006, 06:26 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

IF Jagr is out, I call up Dawes. I move Sykora to the 1st line and Dawes to the 2nd and then the 3rd once Prucha comes back. This is all IF Jagr is out.

Old
02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Doyle

Call me crazy but im not sold against KT being a valuable asset to this team. Lets just say on the hypothetical we get him, he coudl fill in for prucha if he is not back yet, and add some physical play to the second line. He would be lethal in front of the net, and with the right attitude a natural leader. Once Prucha gets back, I would not be against moving him into the LW slot with Orts and Moore, they could teach him a more defensive aspect to the game while he could be the scoring finish that line lacks. Just my opinion on the issue, as long as his asking price isn't any of our untouchable prospects.

Old
02-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Regardless of who is hurt--even if it's for the season--I am against trading anymore prospects or picks (except in the most minor of deals) this season. There is no guarantee that the team will continue to win--regardless of who is brought in to replace the injured player. Especially if the injured player is Jagr. There is still a great deal of rebuilding to do and panicking now will NOT help the future.

Old
02-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Colton Orr purpose in New York just grew bigger than Jarko Ruutus cowardness.

Old
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
eco's bones

Depending on what we get for what we give is the rationale for making a trade. We have a lot of prospects right now for instance who would figure to be good 3rd and 4th line players. I'm not all that worried about dealing some of them or even 4th on down to 9th rd. draft picks. In any case there's no point in rushing into a trade just because of what happened today to Jagr. It may not be serious and bringing in Tkachuk might not be the answer to our immediate problem if Jaromir is out for a while and might even be counterproductive in the long run. We can always look at players in Hartford and give someone like Immonen or Dawes a good look. In any case the last time a real immediate need came after Mike Richter went down for the final time cost us a lot in rushing to make a deal for Dunham. We have a thread right now about how nice it would be to have Zidlicky now. Why repeat a piece of history that most of us would like to forget?

Old
02-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Colton Orr purpose in New York just grew bigger than Jarko Ruutus cowardness.
If, as you seem to suggest, Orr's purpose on the team is to go hunting for Ruutu's head, then you better be willing to send Orr some cash so he can leave the team and take a flight to wherever Ruutu will be on a given night--he's not coming back to New York this season. I would suggest giving Orr enough money to go to Canada--jails from what I hear are much nicer up there.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
If, as you seem to suggest, Orr's purpose on the team is to go hunting for Ruutu's head, then you better be willing to send Orr some cash so he can leave the team and take a flight to wherever Ruutu will be on a given night--he's not coming back to New York this season. I would suggest giving Orr enough money to go to Canada--jails from what I hear are much nicer up there.

I did not mean that, I meant that this might remind the Rangers of the importance of having someone out there to protect Jagr. I have seen the replay many times now and we are LUCKY, if Jagr comes out if this without any major injuries.
The way his head smashed into the boards while his neck was bent could have been devestating.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
I did not mean that, I meant that this might remind the Rangers of the importance of having someone out there to protect Jagr. I have seen the replay many times now and we are LUCKY, if Jagr comes out if this without any major injuries.
The way his head smashed into the boards while his neck was bent could have been devestating.
Sorry, but, we've had this discussion all season: do you really think having a goon on the lineup today would have made Ruutu think twice?

Old
02-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Sorry, but, we've had this discussion all season: do you really think having a goon on the lineup today would have made Ruutu think twice?

Yes, I do. I cannot say for sure though, some players do not care and Ruute could be one of them, but I can almost certainly say that there are some players who would think twice and seeing how bad Jagr could have gotten hurt tonight made me think that I want to avoid as many of these incidents as possible.

Old
02-18-2006, 10:43 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Yep. It's time. Thanks to a big man named Rutuu. I'd like to fight him. Why is Jagr wearing that stupid silly helmet in the Olympics, there is 100 times more hitting in this than there is in the NHL.

So what should we do now..

(Was this better for you guys?)
Yean what's up with that gretzky like helmet?

Old
02-18-2006, 10:50 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Regardless of who is hurt--even if it's for the season--I am against trading anymore prospects or picks (except in the most minor of deals) this season. There is no guarantee that the team will continue to win--regardless of who is brought in to replace the injured player. Especially if the injured player is Jagr. There is still a great deal of rebuilding to do and panicking now will NOT help the future.
Agreed. Let the chips fall where they will this season. If the team collapses without Jagr (and it almost certainly will), that's a clear indicator of just how far from contention the team is. The Flyers have been devastated by injuries and yet remain competitive.

Old
02-18-2006, 11:27 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Agreed. Good teams have depth to overcome injuries. If we can not win without Jagr then so be it. Keep rebuilding. We've come far in a short amount of time.

Old
02-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Doyle

I think it has more to do with our prospects being 2-3 years down the line. Because of this we built the team around Jagr, and rightfully so. Making him happy has inspired the whole team to play better. If he is to get hurt, there needs to be something to take the pressure off of that hole, something we obviously don't have. KT would be a decent stopgap, but the asking price would definately be way too high.

Closed Thread