HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zidlicky

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2006, 04:45 PM
BLACKBURN

vCash: 500
Zidlicky

Who would like this guy back now? Everytime I have seen him play he has impressed me and with our need for an offensive defenceman it only further increases the pain of losing him.

Old
02-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Doyle

yes, esp since hes Czech... who remembers praying Kloucek was a bust in that deal? Zidlicky was off the radar, really quite the steal for Nashville.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Hfbk2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Who would like this guy back now? Everytime I have seen him play he has impressed me and with our need for an offensive defenceman it only further increases the pain of losing him.

He's great. I liked Kloucek alot, but he got injured. If Blackburn and Kloucek didn't get injured, we'd have two excellent defensemen as our top pairing (Zidlicky and Kloucek)... and both are Czech. Instead, they don't have Burn, they don't have Zid and they don't have Klou. The whole youth of the team got gutted by injuries and a bad trade for a freaking Dunham.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaws
yes, esp since hes Czech... who remembers praying Kloucek was a bust in that deal? Zidlicky was off the radar, really quite the steal for Nashville.

no, some thought he was going to be good, and we had tried to sign him, but he wanted no part of NY

Old
02-18-2006, 05:19 PM
nrf83

Quote:
What, are we gonna rehash old f***ing news. JHC leave it alone. It's dead.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
no, some thought he was going to be good, and we had tried to sign him, but he wanted no part of NY
Quite the opposite. He wanted a guarantee that he wasn't going to play in Hartford.

If European scouts were saying that this was a player the Rangers MUST get signed and into the lineup, that's one thing. I don't know that to be the case. With Richter's broken skull, Sather absolutely had to get a goaltender and I thought Zidlicky was a fair chip to exchange at the time.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:31 PM
robertch

Wish we still had him and hope we can get him back here again. I love for us to sign this guy.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:35 PM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83
That was worth posting, thanks for the input The "old f***ing news" I felt was worth re-hashing as I saw a game today in which Marek played extremely well, if you dont want to discuss it dont post in the thread.

Old
02-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Quite the opposite. He wanted a guarantee that he wasn't going to play in Hartford.

If European scouts were saying that this was a player the Rangers MUST get signed and into the lineup, that's one thing. I don't know that to be the case. With Richter's broken skull, Sather absolutely had to get a goaltender and I thought Zidlicky was a fair chip to exchange at the time.
He wanted a one-way contract (which Nashville gave him), not a guarantee that he wouldn't be sent to Hartford.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Yeah good like getting him back unless there is another sather out there to trade with.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by natureboy
Yeah good like getting him back unless there is another sather out there to trade with.
he's a free agent this summer

Old
02-19-2006, 03:22 AM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
he's a free agent this summer
A serious upgrade from Rozival I say

Old
02-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Doyle

I would prefer Zids replacing Poti, Roz has been too solid with his czechs, no need to fix what aint broken with him. Poti is supposed to be our puck moving D, an lack of it can somewhat be blamed on him.

Old
02-19-2006, 11:18 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium
A serious upgrade from Rozival I say
You can't be serious, Zlidicky is an improvement on O, but a disaster on D. Rozsieval is a plus 33 and a very capable D man who is young and will get better. Remember he is coming off knee surgery and teams shied away from him for this reason.

Old
02-19-2006, 11:55 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You can't be serious, Zlidicky is an improvement on O, but a disaster on D. Rozsieval is a plus 33 and a very capable D man who is young and will get better. Remember he is coming off knee surgery and teams shied away from him for this reason.
No comment, except to say why not heed your own advice:

Quote:

Old
02-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Plus 31 actually

Old
02-19-2006, 02:54 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

There are plenty of pending UFA d-men who I would rather see the Rangers sign before Zidlicky - Redden, McCabe, Chara, Jovanoski, Kubina and Norstrom are much better options.

Last edited by jas: 02-19-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old
02-19-2006, 03:41 PM
dulzhok

To make the argument useless... Zidlicky is a RFA, not UFA.

Old
02-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
To make the argument useless... Zidlicky is a RFA, not UFA.
how? he'll be 29 before july 1

Old
02-19-2006, 05:22 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
how? he'll be 29 before july 1
# of years in league. He has to be 29 and four accured NHL seasons. This is his second NHL season.

Old
02-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Smelco

Zidlicky might become expendable. Nashville has a lot of young defencemen in the wings like Hamhuis, Weber, Suter...i dont know if theres going to be enough money to almalgamate those guys in the lineup with Nashville's defense of today

Old
02-20-2006, 11:10 AM
robertch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
There are plenty of pending UFA d-men who I would rather see the Rangers sign before Zidlicky - Redden, McCabe, Chara, Jovanoski, Kubina and Norstrom are much better options.

Actually I'd prefer Zidlicky over any of those guys. I think Zidlicky would have tremendous chemistry with our current group.

Old
02-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

The scouts must have been in love with Zidlicky after his development after we drafted him. I went to Oulo and saw him live when HIFK where in town. Right after that I posted at RFC that Zidlicky was the steal of the draft and that he was among the top 3 stickhandlers on the blueline in the world. Maybe the best. He was also really tough in Finland leading the SM-liiga in penaltys.

Sather the jerk probably didn't trust Rockströms reports and gave Zids away. Thats the only scenario I can come up with. All Zid wanted was a 1-way contract at the time we had a 80 million payroll.

I love how JD always points out how soft Zidlicky is when he plays. I like JD but he is a marionette...

Old
02-20-2006, 01:07 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
The scouts must have been in love with Zidlicky after his development after we drafted him. I went to Oulo and saw him live when HIFK where in town. Right after that I posted at RFC that Zidlicky was the steal of the draft and that he was among the top 3 stickhandlers on the blueline in the world. Maybe the best. He was also really tough in Finland leading the SM-liiga in penaltys.

Sather the jerk probably didn't trust Rockströms reports and gave Zids away. Thats the only scenario I can come up with. All Zid wanted was a 1-way contract at the time we had a 80 million payroll.

I love how JD always points out how soft Zidlicky is when he plays. I like JD but he is a marionette...

yea and never says that bout poti..

Closed Thread