HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: Providence Bruins @ Hartford Wolf Pack ~ 2-18-06

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2006, 05:32 PM
majicpixie

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Official GDT: Providence Bruins @ Hartford Wolf Pack ~ 2-18-06

Good luck tonight, guys!! Let's beat the Baby B's!! GO PACK!! GO CHAD!!!

Old
02-18-2006, 05:37 PM
FLYLine24*

Game is on FSN East tonight.

Old
02-18-2006, 06:14 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

1-0 Pack, Wiseman

Old
02-18-2006, 06:23 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
1-0 Pack, Wiseman
Helpers from Immonen and Jessiman! Way to go!!

Old
02-18-2006, 06:26 PM
FLYLine24*

2-0 Pack, Giroux

Jessiman and Immonen with 2 assists each on the night.

Jessiman made a great pass on the first goal, a long strech pass from just outside his blueline to Wiseman going across the offensive blue line right on his stick and Wiseman shot it off the post and in.

The line of Jessiman - Immonen - Giroux is looking really good.

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 02-18-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Old
02-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Levitate

that sounds like a good line for everyone involved...immonen and jessiman get a vet player who can score goals, and everyone has good offensive instincts

Old
02-18-2006, 06:40 PM
FLYLine24*

3-0 Falardeau with a backhanded goal that the goalie should have had.

Old
02-18-2006, 07:28 PM
FLYLine24*

4-0 Dawes RIPPED a one timer by the goalie from the top of the circle.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:03 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

I've restrained myself from commenting on Giroux

this year as he has had the tendency to float in games and be inconsistant from one game to the next. I do not know what has transpired but he now looks like a good prospect. He always played the body, stuck up for himself and team mates, but he's skating better, playing a heck of a lot more consistantly and looks as if he has really gotten his all round game in shape. I thought he was very effective again tonight. He has a scorers knack in the type of goals he scores.

Jessiman is looking better. Baranka played a very solid game as did Liffiton when he wasn't fighting. Taylor's skating has improved dramaticly from this time last year. Dawes will do fine in the NHL. Though small he's a banger, that is always the better choice when you are a smaller player. He initiates quite a bit of contact. Another NYR prospect that has looked to make his all round game better. Immonen is a play maker. He reminds me a bit of a poor man's Ulf Nilsson. Immonen is a deceiving kind f player. He is not flashy and seems to be invisible at times. Not that he's not playing well, its that you don't notice him as much, yet he ends up involved in the play somehow. Federov is a huge, huge waste of time. Genoway is a steal of a UFA find. Helminen is a surprising player. I like him, but I really didn't think that he would have progressed as fast as he has. I liken him to be a another dom moore type player.

It is finally nice to have a farm team that actually plays the exact same style as the big club.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:05 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
this year as he has had the tendency to float in games and be inconsistant from one game to the next. I do not know what has transpired but he now looks like a good prospect. He always played the body, stuck up for himself and team mates, but he's skating better, playing a heck of a lot more consistantly and looks as if he has really gotten his all round game in shape. I thought he was very effective again tonight. He has a scorers knack in the type of goals he scores.

Jessiman is looking better. Baranka played a very solid game as did Liffiton when he wasn't fighting. Taylor's skating has improved dramaticly from this time last year. Dawes will do fine in the NHL. Though small he's a banger, that is always the better choice when you are a smaller player. He initiates quite a bit of contact. Another NYR prospect that has looked to make his all round game better. Immonen is a play maker. He reminds me a bit of a poor man's Ulf Nilsson. Immonen is a deceiving kind f player. He is not flashy and seems to be invisible at times. Not that he's not playing well, its that you don't notice him as much, yet he ends up involved in the play somehow. Federov is a huge, huge waste of time. Genoway is a steal of a UFA find. Helminen is a surprising player. I like him, but I really didn't think that he would have progressed as fast as he has. I liken him to be a another dom moore type player.

It is finally nice to have a farm team that actually plays the exact same style as the big club.
Were you cursing at the TV as well when they were using Federov on the PP....I know I was

Old
02-18-2006, 10:30 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

No metion of Pock ?? hhhhhhmmmm

Old
02-18-2006, 10:39 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
No metion of Pock ?? hhhhhhmmmm

Pock again created offensive chances but again had some defensive lapses....one turned into a shorthanded breakaway but Rob saved it.

To be honest...tonights game nobody really stood out that much(because everyone on the team had a good game and nobody really had a bad game), if i HAD to name the best player of the night it would be Giroux or Dawes, Dawes had some nice moves (including one where he got around THREE players with some fancy dekes and got a good shot off, also very good on the forecheck).

Giroux had an interview after the first and DAMN does he talk fast, i could barley understand what he was saying. Dawes had an interview in the 2nd and had a good attitude, seemes like a good team guy.

Old
02-18-2006, 11:17 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

How did Falardeau and Sonnenberg look?? Yea Fedorov sux, id rather have Balej back.

Old
02-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Were you cursing at the TV as well when they were using Federov on the PP....I know I was
I just can't believe that even with the size and skill of Fedorov that he can't put it all together.

I saw his rookie card in a local card store yesterday...I was like, "what a complete waste he turned out to be". Just had to get that out

I'll admit, I was one of the few who liked him and thought he could put his game together with a change of scenery. The guy is flat out lazy and with the hard-working team we have now, he'll never fit in. Deal him for a 7th or 8th rounder...we seem to have some luck picking up solid prospects in the later rounds!

Old
02-18-2006, 11:23 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
How did Falardeau and Sonnenberg look?? Yea Fedorov sux, id rather have Balej back.

Falardeau looked ok, nothing great, his goal was luck and he would have never scored that in the NHL. He took a nasty few cheapshots at the end when it got ugly and he ended up being cut across his hairline, there was a lot of blood. A few guys punched him from the front, from the back, then they all went down...not sure if a skate cut him or someone did it on purpose...but someone did get a major for fighting (not other fighting major was assessed but the one)

Didn't really pay that much attention to Sonnenberg because he will never be wearing a Rangers uniform.

Old
02-18-2006, 11:26 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
I just can't believe that even with the size and skill of Fedorov that he can't put it all together.

I saw his rookie card in a local card store yesterday...I was like, "what a complete waste he turned out to be". Just had to get that out

I'll admit, I was one of the few who liked him and thought he could put his game together with a change of scenery. The guy is flat out lazy and with the hard-working team we have now, he'll never fit in. Deal him for a 7th or 8th rounder...we seem to have some luck picking up solid prospects in the later rounds!

yea our early selections have hurt us. Cherneski was hurt, we selected Malhotra and not only did we not play him the right way, we selected him over Gagne and Bell, in 99 Lundmark and Brendl well we know what happened, Dan Blackburn, same. Last first round pick to make it was Blackburn before he had to retire, but before that our last first round pick to make it for more than 1 season in nhl with legit ice time was Dan Cloutier in 94 draft and before that was Sundstrom in 93.

Old
02-18-2006, 11:49 PM
BigE

Fly, I must say that I love your new avatar.

Old
02-19-2006, 12:28 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Falardeau looked ok, nothing great, his goal was luck and he would have never scored that in the NHL. He took a nasty few cheapshots at the end when it got ugly and he ended up being cut across his hairline, there was a lot of blood. A few guys punched him from the front, from the back, then they all went down...not sure if a skate cut him or someone did it on purpose...but someone did get a major for fighting (not other fighting major was assessed but the one)

Didn't really pay that much attention to Sonnenberg because he will never be wearing a Rangers uniform.

so we dealt Lundmark for an AHL vet. Id rather have a young prospect. Lundmark is doing good in Phoenix.

Old
02-19-2006, 12:44 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
yea our early selections have hurt us. Cherneski was hurt, we selected Malhotra and not only did we not play him the right way, we selected him over Gagne and Bell, in 99 Lundmark and Brendl well we know what happened, Dan Blackburn, same. Last first round pick to make it was Blackburn before he had to retire, but before that our last first round pick to make it for more than 1 season in nhl with legit ice time was Dan Cloutier in 94 draft and before that was Sundstrom in 93.
didn't Chereski get hurt after being drafted? he got hurt in a game, the rangers didn't draft him with the injury if i remember correctly? tough break for us and him as he was a very good prospect but you can't blame that at all on the rangers!

Old
02-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Block More Shots

Quote:
so we dealt Lundmark for an AHL vet. Id rather have a young prospect. Lundmark is doing good in Phoenix.
I didn't like the Lundmark for Taffe, then Taffe for Sonnenburg outcome. Let's face it though...Lundmark won't flourish in Phoenix. He's shown some skill but not enough to make us feel stupid for dealing him.

Good for him if he puts up some decent numbers but by no means will he be a legit top 6 forward.

Old
02-19-2006, 08:51 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
you are correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
didn't Chereski get hurt after being drafted? he got hurt in a game, the rangers didn't draft him with the injury if i remember correctly? tough break for us and him as he was a very good prospect but you can't blame that at all on the rangers!
Cherneski got hurt in his 1st or 2nd AHL game. Tried to play again and couldn't and retired and took his 2 million Ins. Policy check.

I'm glad he was able to get something out of his hockey experience.

Old
02-19-2006, 09:19 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

I don't know about luck on the Falardeau goal

Quote:

I know that there is a certain goalie who plays locally who gives up that kind of goal fairly often and in big games too!

Old
02-19-2006, 09:24 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

For every good offensive play Pock made

Quote:
Pock again created offensive chances but again had some defensive lapses....one turned into a shorthanded breakaway but Rob saved it.

To be honest...tonights game nobody really stood out that much(because everyone on the team had a good game and nobody really had a bad game), if i HAD to name the best player of the night it would be Giroux or Dawes, Dawes had some nice moves (including one where he got around THREE players with some fancy dekes and got a good shot off, also very good on the forecheck).

Giroux had an interview after the first and DAMN does he talk fast, i could barley understand what he was saying. Dawes had an interview in the 2nd and had a good attitude, seemes like a good team guy.
he did something stupid on D. In another post in a different thread I made the following comment on him:
He took two brainless, wholly un-necessary, penalties in his own end. Just plain dumb. He has a tendency to continue on into the offensive trying to track down a puck when there is little chance of recovery, which in turn puts hartford in a tight fix. Until he learns to stop doing this these types of things I think we will not be called up.

Closed Thread