HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team Suisse & Team Slovakia

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
Team Suisse & Team Slovakia

Wow! Is anyone else hoping that both of these teams keep up the caliber of play they've shown so far? The on air announcers were really impressed with Lubo too. I was hoping for a tie, but, if the US had to lose, at least it was a really, really good game.

Old
02-18-2006, 08:16 PM
kingsfan25

I'm always pulling for the Slovaks.

However I don't think they should be compared to the Suisse. They're a much higher calibre team and I don't think anyone's been overly surprised at their play.

The Suisse, however, upsetting Canada, albeit a somewhat unimpressive Canada, is shocking...people call them spoilers, but with a 2-1 record, if they keep up their play, they could be medal contenders.

Old
02-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Osprey

The Swiss shutting out Canada this morning was the most intense non-NHL game that I've seen. I was sure throughout the entire game that Canada would tie it up eventually. Even with less than 2 minutes left, I was quite afraid that they'd come back and spoil 58 minutes of extraordinary hockey by the Swiss, especially Gerber. That was a fantastic game.

Old
02-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Osprey

Slightly OT, but...

Paul DiPietro has been the go-to guy for the Swiss. I was about as confused as could be when the commentator said "Paul DiPietro of the Los Angeles Kings," so I looked him up and saw that his last stint in the NHL was for 6 games with the Kings a decade ago. It's probably a silly question and the answer is likely no, but do the Kings still own his rights? I would assume not, but what the commentator said suggests otherwise. He did leave the Kings system to go to Europe before he was of UFA age.

With his amazing performance for the Swiss team, DiPietro may get a second crack at the NHL next season (or even just after the Olympics). So, whether his rights are held by an NHL team (Kings or otherwise) or not would make a difference. I wouldn't mind signing him after the break if at all possible, as long as it wasn't in lieu of trades. He couldn't be much worse than Ronning, and that required giving something up. Anyways, probably just a silly discussion, but entertaining, nonetheless.

Last edited by Osprey: 02-19-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old
02-19-2006, 10:10 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

I can't tell much from the 1997/8 media guide, but it looks like he wasn't offered a contract after the 96/97 season. He finished off the season at Cincinnati after stints in Phoenix and 2 short call ups.

Di Pietro isn't listed as a non-roster "in the system" player and he isn't listed in the transactions, so I'll assume that the Kings do not have his NHL rights.

Old
02-19-2006, 10:15 PM
ILuvLA

I am always surprised at number of Canadians there are on the Euro teams (Swiss, Italian, German).
I don't know about any one else, but I'd really like to see a gold medal game between the Slovaks & Finns. What a game that would be, eh?

Old
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
I am always surprised at number of Canadians there are on the Euro teams (Swiss, Italian, German).
I don't know about any one else, but I'd really like to see a gold medal game between the Slovaks & Finns. What a game that would be, eh?
Yeah, I think a bunch of the Italian team members were American and Canadian.

Last edited by kingsfan25: 02-20-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old
02-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Tritsche

vCash: 2200
Send a message via MSN to Tritsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
The swiss theam has only di Pietro as "foreigner" in the team. But yeah by the Italian squad its more than 10 players.

Closed Thread