HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So much for NA Hockey.... *maybe spoiler?*

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2006, 02:43 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

vCash: 500
So much for NA Hockey.... *maybe spoiler?*

USA loses to Sweden - now Canada is down 2-0 to Finland after 1st

Old
02-19-2006, 02:56 PM
the_nole

who's in net for canada?

Old
02-19-2006, 03:17 PM
bleuer

Send a message via Yahoo to bleuer
Luongo

Old
02-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Captain Ron

Screw NA hockey. I already knew that the American team would suck and I was hoping the arrogant Canadian team would fall. I say go Slovakia!!!!!

Old
02-19-2006, 03:30 PM
willie

Bit of a knee-jerk reaction?

The last time Canada lost a consequential (frankly, these round robin games are irrelevant) best on best game was against the United States in '96. (and skills competitions don't count)

Let's wait until we hit the meaningful games. (and - even then - 1 game showdowns don't indicate a whole heck of a lot)

And what precisely is arrogant about the Canadian team? Some of the fans - perhaps - but the team itself?

Old
02-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Bit of a knee-jerk reaction?

The last time Canada lost a consequential (frankly, these round robin games are irrelevant) best on best game was against the United States in '96. (and skills competitions don't count)

Let's wait until we hit the meaningful games. (and - even then - 1 game showdowns don't indicate a whole heck of a lot)

And what precisely is arrogant about the Canadian team? Some of the fans - perhaps - but the team itself?

Maybe not the actual players themselves but I am sure their ego has been getting quite large because all of the so-called "experts" have been saying it is Canada's gold to lose and the Canadian supporters have been pompous in their statements regarding the team. That is why I find it hilarious that the team lost to Switzerland of all teams.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:16 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Maybe not the actual players themselves but I am sure their ego has been getting quite large because all of the so-called "experts" have been saying it is Canada's gold to lose and the Canadian supporters have been pompous in their statements regarding the team. That is why I find it hilarious that the team lost to Switzerland of all teams.
This has been a tournament of upsets...Americans tie Latvians, Canada falls to Swiss, and Czech falls to Swiss. None of the teams have looked sharp.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
This has been a tournament of upsets...Americans tie Latvians, Canada falls to Swiss, and Czech falls to Swiss. None of the teams have looked sharp.

Actually I would say the Slovaks have been the only consistently good team in the tournament.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Actually I would say the Slovaks have been the only consistently good team in the tournament.
You're forgetting Finland.

Old
02-19-2006, 05:01 PM
willie

Quote:
If getting outshot by Latvia and beating Kazahkstan by 1 are considered 'good' showings, then it doesn't take much. Finland - unlike Slovakia - dominated their weaker opponents and they beat better strong teams. Other than your unabashed support for Slovakia, I fail to see how Slovakia has been more consistently good than Finland.

Slovakia may be fun to watch but against the Czechs or Canada in the quarters, I don't like their chances. As a Team Canada fan, I would much prefer a matchup with the Slovaks than anyone else moving on in their division.

Old
02-19-2006, 05:37 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
I was referring to the teams I mentioned.

And I like the Slovaks too...that country has given so much to us and asked so little in return

Closed Thread