Notices

Pouliot scores 4 in a losing effort.

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2006, 02:52 AM
Eb0la11

vCash: 500
Pouliot scores 4 in a losing effort.

Title is pretty obvious to the thread. I dont get this prospect really, Im quite happy that Lemaire will be his future coach though; Pouliot takes a tonne of penalties. Hes already got 104 mins in 39 games when he had 102 all of last season in I think 67 games. I like how hes not a *****, but he shouldn't be cheap either. This bring his goal total to 32 in 39 games and pts to 58 on the year. Since the WJHC he has been quite good actually. Still unsure what he will materialize into though. Oh yeah, and Sudbury only scored 4 goals tonight, Pouliot got all 4.

Old
02-18-2006, 06:43 AM
ceber

Is he bored/frustrated in the CHL?

Old
02-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Eb0la11

Im really not sure, I dont actually get to watch any of his games, I just keep note of his stats along the way and try to pick up some information. I doubt he'd be bored. I think hes getting a little cocky almost is what I would think. I saw him alot with Canada programs, like in Whistler over the summer at the first camp and stuff like that and I think alot of national recognition is making him a little cockier; Im not sure if thats good or not.

Old
02-18-2006, 12:18 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Is he bored/frustrated in the CHL?

I would think so.

Old
02-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Wild Thing

What was the score, anyway?

Old
02-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Twist and Shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
I would think so.
I don't see why he would be. 58 points in 39 games in the OHL isn't exceptional. It's a junior league, and when his time comes, he will have to move on to bigger and better things.

Old
02-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Chrisd

yeah i don't believe in that he's bored nonsense....

guys like bobby ryan, schremp, bolland, and many others how come they aren't *bored* and making silly penalties and not producing a ton?

Are they not bored???

He's a great prospect, but he sounds like he could use some discipline and more consistency.

Old
02-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Eb0la11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd
He's a great prospect, but he sounds like he could use some discipline and more consistency.
Jacques Lemaire is just the guy to do it.

Old
02-19-2006, 12:29 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenSteen
I don't see why he would be. 58 points in 39 games in the OHL isn't exceptional. It's a junior league, and when his time comes, he will have to move on to bigger and better things.
Only reason I ask is he may have been close to making the NHL. I could see going back to juniors being a bit dull, leading to odd behaviour. Big output one night, dumb penalties the next, etc.

Old
02-19-2006, 12:38 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Wasn't that Schultz's problem?

Old
02-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Chrisd

but schultz doesn't have 1/10th the talent...

schultz will always be a #4-6 type D man.

He's been known to coast it at times and still does to this day.

Although Pouliot is doing well, *not great* in the OHL, I'm not sure he'd be dominating the AHL in the way O'sullivan is.

I think a year of AHL seasoning could be just what the doctor ordered for him.

Old
02-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd
but schultz doesn't have 1/10th the talent...

schultz will always be a #4-6 type D man.

He's been known to coast it at times and still does to this day.

Although Pouliot is doing well, *not great* in the OHL, I'm not sure he'd be dominating the AHL in the way O'sullivan is.

I think a year of AHL seasoning could be just what the doctor ordered for him.
I think he needs to be up with the Wild, so Lemaire can scratch him every handful of games and switch him to defense for the others. That'll teach him.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Eb0la11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
I think he needs to be up with the Wild, so Lemaire can scratch him every handful of games and switch him to defense for the others. That'll teach him.

HAHA yeah, for all I know, I coulda drafted a future DMAN when I took Pouliot the way Lemaire handles players...

Old
02-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Chrisd

if you can play offense, you will thrive in mn..

gaborik and rolston over a PPG this year..

bouchard doing very well as well...

Lemaire just makes you better players overall.

Old
02-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
A lot of Olymic teams have been using a Wild counter-attack system quite effectively: Slovakia and Sweden come to mind. The more speed and talent you have in that kind of system, the better. Pouliot's got all the right tools to be a very good Lemaire type player.

Old
02-20-2006, 02:20 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman

The problem with Burns is, he isn't getting a lot of ice time on defense. He'll probably start picking up minutes when we let one of our defensemen go, if we are out of the playoff contention. At least he IS getting ice time.

Would you really want to face a Boogaard - Wanvig - Burns line?

Old
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo

Would you really want to face a Boogaard - Wanvig - Burns line?

Old
02-21-2006, 09:41 AM
MsWoof

Ben needs discipline. I wouldn't say he's bored, but he never seems to have to answer for his actions. The coach has no problem reprimanding his goalie, who has played in all but 7 games this season, for not stealing a game for them this weekend, but Ben consistently takes dumb penalties and never sees the bench, never gets called out in the media. I hope that whoever he's being coached by next year doesn't put up with this crap because it would be a waste of talent for Ben not to make it to the NHL. He showed what he could do defensively in the WJC under Brent Sutter, but seems to get away with everything under Foligno.

Old
02-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Chrisd

very simply put...

Benny won't see the ice, if he's making dumb penalties or not giving 100% in minny.

It's just that easy.

Old
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Yosemite Sam

vCash: 1050
I see Pouliot play quite a bit here in Sudbury. Along with his natural skill, he unfortunately has a serious maturity problem. He plays when he wants to (floats a lot - no intensity) and takes a boatload of stupid penalties of the retaliatory kind, regardless of the score.

You can see the skill oozing. He's just not putting it to good use. I think Lemaire will do him good - he needs to get his *** handed to him more by coach Foligno.

All this being said, I think he could be a good player for you down the road. He just needs to grow up - a bit of a prima donna type.

Someone mentioned Patty O earlier in this thread. I've seen him lots and you guys have struck gold there. The kid is awesome and has much better skills (or at least puts them to use much better) than Pouliot. O'Sullivan seemed to float at times in the OHL, but was never out of position and probably was doing it to conserve energy since he seemed to be on the ice for half the game all the time. When he got the puck, watch out - he always made something happen. Anyway, my two cents.

Old
02-21-2006, 03:38 PM
rydude189

He's such a hit or miss this season...first game back in the OHL this year he gets a hat trick, then 2 goals the next and goes into his lazy slumps...last friday he was the laziest player out there, penalties and barely skating, next night BOOM! he starts skating and plays the game hes capiable to play and scores 2 and gets an assist.

You cant predict the style of game hes going to play, he needs to be somewhere where he wants to be and wants to play 95-110% every night...i think that he wants to be in the 'Big Leagues' but reality is that he isn't ready for it yet. A year in the AHL next year would do him great, he needs motivation because last year his motivation was to impress everyone and get drafted as high as possible, which he did. But now he just seems to want to get the year over and goto the NHL...the only thing is he's yet to sign a contract

Closed Thread