HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's up with NBC's coverage of Hockey????

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2006, 12:06 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
What's up with NBC's coverage of Hockey????

During the week, I was getting all the men's games, from the 5am game (I'm in oklahoma) till the last game of the evening on both CNBC and USA Network.

But today, I didn't get any games except for the New Jersey Islanders/Slovakia game. My local listings had hockey scheduled for broadcasting all day, but all I got to see was jason Blake shoot wide 4985808530825 times. It looked like all three (MSNBC, CNBC, USA) just rolled out their regular weekend broadcast w/o any hockey.

They pulled this crap with the Canadian women's team, only broadcasting the semis when I really wanted to see them in the prelim. round.

The reason I'm pissed is that NBC promised "unprecedented" coverage of olympic hockey, but today it was missing.

Is my region blacking out the games because I'm living in the anti-hockey south? Thoughts?

Old
02-19-2006, 12:12 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

All the games were on CNBC for me.

What did they have on TV instead?

Old
02-19-2006, 10:57 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Even Saturday's games? CNBC was broadcasting Mad Money with Jim Cramer (which I normally love) and Suze Orman etc etc.

I guess it's my cable opting not to broadcast it. sucks.

Old
02-19-2006, 08:39 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8
During the week, I was getting all the men's games, from the 5am game (I'm in oklahoma) till the last game of the evening on both CNBC and USA Network.

But today, I didn't get any games except for the New Jersey Islanders/Slovakia game. My local listings had hockey scheduled for broadcasting all day, but all I got to see was jason Blake shoot wide 4985808530825 times. It looked like all three (MSNBC, CNBC, USA) just rolled out their regular weekend broadcast w/o any hockey.

They pulled this crap with the Canadian women's team, only broadcasting the semis when I really wanted to see them in the prelim. round.

The reason I'm pissed is that NBC promised "unprecedented" coverage of olympic hockey, but today it was missing.

Is my region blacking out the games because I'm living in the anti-hockey south? Thoughts?

Hey I am in Oklahoma too and i got all the games on CNBC. Where in Oklahoma are you?

Old
02-20-2006, 12:22 AM
frozenrubber

CNBC Commercials

I will not watch one more game on CNBC. They have a habit of cutting away for commercials and not pausing the playback. As a result, you always come back from commercial w/ the following statement from the announcers: "While you were gone, Team X Scored a dandy of a goal..." Even better, "Welcome back, that's Jagr you see on the ice bleeding..." For the love of god CNBC, give me a tape delay, I don't want to miss action during the commercials.

Old
02-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber
I will not watch one more game on CNBC. They have a habit of cutting away for commercials and not pausing the playback. As a result, you always come back from commercial w/ the following statement from the announcers: "While you were gone, Team X Scored a dandy of a goal..." Even better, "Welcome back, that's Jagr you see on the ice bleeding..." For the love of god CNBC, give me a tape delay, I don't want to miss action during the commercials.
Every station (NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, USA) is doing that whenever the United States isn't playing. Basically, USA games and the gold medal games are the only ones commercial free.

Old
02-20-2006, 12:35 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber

I agree its REALLY annoying...BUT the fact they are airing almost every single game makes up for it.

Old
02-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I agree its REALLY annoying...BUT the fact they are airing almost every single game makes up for it.
I wasn't crazy about them cutting away from the Italy/Czech game in the middle of a huge 10 player scrum. (Plus, I'm of Italian background, so I had a rooting interest).

Old
02-20-2006, 01:09 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I wasn't crazy about them cutting away from the Italy/Czech game in the middle of a huge 10 player scrum. (Plus, I'm of Italian background, so I had a rooting interest).

I'll agree with that, that game was heating up and I was pretty pissed they left that game. I saw a picture later on of both goalies involved in a scrum so it must have continued to heat up.

Jagr didn't play in the 3rd period I heard and that could have been a reason why...they didnt want anybody taking a cheapshot at him.

Old
02-20-2006, 01:12 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I'll agree with that, that game was heating up and I was pretty pissed they left that game. I saw a picture later on of both goalies involved in a scrum so it must have continued to heat up.

Jagr didn't play in the 3rd period I heard and that could have been a reason why...they didnt want anybody taking a cheapshot at him.
Thank God.

I was wondering why Muzzatti was in net for the Italians when the score was only 2-1, I know Hell started so I didnt think they would pull him. So I guess he got tossed...damn, they didn't even show highlights of that.

Old
02-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Choice

Whats up with Mike Emerick yelling at the top of his lungs on every play?

Old
02-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Whats up with Mike Emerick yelling at the top of his lungs on every play?
He was brought on to be the Devils announcer because he makes every single play sound like it's 2 seconds left in a tie game, game 7 stanley cup playoffs, Prucha on a breakaway to win it.

As we all know, the Devils are boring as F to watch on TV, so they hired him because he has a knack of making pumpkin picking sound exciting.

Old
02-20-2006, 02:32 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
He was brought on to be the Devils announcer because he makes every single play sound like it's 2 seconds left in a tie game, game 7 stanley cup playoffs, Prucha on a breakaway to win it.

As we all know, the Devils are boring as F to watch on TV, so they hired him because he has a knack of making pumpkin picking sound exciting.
Emrick announced water polo at the last summer games, and made it sound thrilling.

Every time I hear Emrick, I love his announcing style more and more. I love the announcer that is into the game, and he is.

Not to mention, his vocabulary is incredible.

Old
02-20-2006, 04:27 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief
Hey I am in Oklahoma too and i got all the games on CNBC. Where in Oklahoma are you?

I'm at Ft. Sill near lawton.....I live in this apartment on-post that TDY pays for, but I have to keep the Cable they gave me. I desperately tried to get Direct TV so I can get the package, but because I live inside Ft. Sill, I'm stuck with what they gave me.

For example, yesterday, The Canada/Finland game was blacked out on CNBC for some friggin Wal-Mart documentary. It's Cebridge Digital Cable of Ft. Sill. \

Sucks

Old
02-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule
Not to mention, his vocabulary is incredible.
I do like Emrick, but I heard the word "knifed" about 75 times yesterday.

Old
02-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I do like Emrick, but I heard the word "knifed" about 75 times yesterday.
"pitch-forked"

Old
02-21-2006, 08:49 AM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8
I'm at Ft. Sill near lawton.....I live in this apartment on-post that TDY pays for, but I have to keep the Cable they gave me. I desperately tried to get Direct TV so I can get the package, but because I live inside Ft. Sill, I'm stuck with what they gave me.

For example, yesterday, The Canada/Finland game was blacked out on CNBC for some friggin Wal-Mart documentary. It's Cebridge Digital Cable of Ft. Sill. \

Sucks
yeah thats why, I am in Stillwater next to OSU and we have cox communications cable and they had everything normal. Cebridge is the problem. I was able to order Center Ice no problem.

Closed Thread