HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik far apart ; Dupuis sealed by this weak...

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 04:36 AM
CrossCheck

vCash: 500
Gaborik far apart ; Dupuis sealed by this weak...

I met with a scout (N.C. not to say his name!) working with Schatia and Walsh. He told me that things have progressed a bit further since Schatia has step in the negociation. They are still "very far" from any agreement though. The good news is that he told me Dupuis should be sealed by the end of this week...

No source, just a conversation one on one...

Old
10-25-2003, 04:49 AM
Wild Thing

That's kind of the buzz we've been hearing here in the Cities, too.

I'm looking forward to getting Dupuis back, but personally, I'm beyond caring about Gaborik. I think it's unlikely he'll be signed this year, and I'm perfectly fine with that. He shot himself in the foot with his idiotic demand for $6.5 million base + incentives - now he's going to miss at least a full season of NHL experience, and probably 2 seasons if there's a work stoppage next year. He'll never make that money back, especially with the new CBA coming up. This was a foolish multi-million dollar mistake for him.

Serves him right, as far as I'm concerned. I just hope the lesson is not lost on other young players who are following behind him.

Old
10-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing
That's kind of the buzz we've been hearing here in the Cities, too.

I'm looking forward to getting Dupuis back, but personally, I'm beyond caring about Gaborik. I think it's unlikely he'll be signed this year, and I'm perfectly fine with that. He shot himself in the foot with his idiotic demand for $6.5 million base + incentives - now he's going to miss at least a full season of NHL experience, and probably 2 seasons if there's a work stoppage next year. He'll never make that money back, especially with the new CBA coming up. This was a foolish multi-million dollar mistake for him.

Serves him right, as far as I'm concerned. I just hope the lesson is not lost on other young players who are following behind him.

Your feelings are understandable...but his demands just make him another greedy athlete. We all learn as fans to put these feelings behind us for the good of our teams. Good points as far as the lost income goes though...really puts agents into perspective. Buncha parasites.

Old
10-27-2003, 11:33 PM
OrangeAndBritishBlue

TSN reports that Gaborik was willing to sign for the same money as last year.

So what does that mean..?

the same $1.03m basic salary plus incentive package or $4.4m base with no incentives..?

And thats where the problem appears to lie, both sides have a different spin on things!!

Old
10-28-2003, 02:56 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
he wants to start out at 4.4 mil a year guarented. the wild offered 3 something plus incentives. Although the incentives are almost unreachable. Both sides could come a little closer.
But al least Dupuis knows what loyalty and team first are all about.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:04 AM
Lake Harriet

I'm tired of listening to the agent's spin, mixing apples and oranges by comparing last year's compensation post-bonuses with the pre-bonus base proposal for this year. The fact is, if he performed as well as last year under the team's proposal, he would make significantly more than last year. That, Mr. Agent, is called a raise.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:13 AM
theo6060

What I'm getting sick and tired of hearing is "Brad Richards got this and that in his contract..." enough already. Brad Richards plays for the Tampa Bay Lightning, and had his negotiations with, -- the Tampa Bay Lightning! We were hearing it about Havlat's new contract and now Gaborik's. Leave it alone, Richards was dealt with by TBay and that is their own affairs. Gaborik is dealing with the Wild, Brad Richards and his contract should have nothing to do with Gaborik's contract.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:39 AM
Colorado_Starsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
What I'm getting sick and tired of hearing is "Brad Richards got this and that in his contract..." enough already. Brad Richards plays for the Tampa Bay Lightning, and had his negotiations with, -- the Tampa Bay Lightning! We were hearing it about Havlat's new contract and now Gaborik's. Leave it alone, Richards was dealt with by TBay and that is their own affairs. Gaborik is dealing with the Wild, Brad Richards and his contract should have nothing to do with Gaborik's contract.
Your cheap management needs to nut up and pay the kid. He's only 21 and a bargain at a longterm deal of $4 million. The kid is a gamebreaker. Personally, I hope one of the good teams like Dallas offers him a contract.

5 late-round first round draft picks would be a bargain for a player of his abilities.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:37 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I dont know wheather this has been already posted or not, but thought it was worthy:
http://wild.com/team/003/566/
This is getting real ugly.

Closed Thread