Notices

Anyone heading to Providence tonight?

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 05:54 AM
Schlep Rock

vCash: 500
Anyone heading to Providence tonight?

Is anybody heading to the P-Bruins game tonight?

A few former P-B's on Albany's roster... Joe Hulbig & Greg Crozier. Then of course there is Mike Matteuci who the B's traded Kay Whitmore for but he never played a game in the Bruins organization.

None the less... should be a good game tonight.

BTW... who on the P-Bruins drives the Escalade from Michigan?

Old
10-24-2003, 05:55 AM
HockeyGoddess

Re: tonight's game... won't be there tonight, but will be at tomorrow night's game.

Re: Escalade... dunno, but my guess would be either Andy Hilbert or Kris Vernarsky.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-24-2003, 05:58 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

ok...nobody laugh now...will this game by chance be webcast?

Old
10-24-2003, 06:04 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
ok...nobody laugh now...will this game by chance be webcast?
If Albany has some sort of Cybercast set up, it will be, otherwise, I'm afraid not. The P-Bruins didn't do any cybercasts last season, and haven't managed to get a deal worked out this season either, so there won't be any P-Bruins cybercasts for the foreseeable future.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:06 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
If Albany has some sort of Cybercast set up, it will be, otherwise, I'm afraid not. The P-Bruins didn't do any cybercasts last season, and haven't managed to get a deal worked out this season either, so there won't be any P-Bruins cybercasts for the foreseeable future.
that's what i was afraid of. albany games are carried on a local radio station. unfortunately, i think they broadcast from somebody's basement, because no one can actually hear anything

Old
10-24-2003, 06:28 AM
misterjaggers
Puma

It's pretty pathetic that the Riverrats and the P-Bruins couldn't allow (at a minimum) archived cybercasts of their away games. The technical requirements are a joke: http://www.sportsjuice.com/broadcast...quirements.php

Old
10-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Schlep Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Re: tonight's game... won't be there tonight, but will be at tomorrow night's game.

Re: Escalade... dunno, but my guess would be either Andy Hilbert or Kris Vernarsky.
Thomas is from MI too (I think) but my guess was Hilbert as well.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:42 AM
goalie31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlep Rock
Is anybody heading to the P-Bruins game tonight?

A few former P-B's on Albany's roster... Joe Hulbig & Greg Crozier. Then of course there is Mike Matteuci who the B's traded Kay Whitmore for but he never played a game in the Bruins organization.

None the less... should be a good game tonight.

BTW... who on the P-Bruins drives the Escalade from Michigan?
I was suppose to go tonight but I'm sick and can't make it.

I should be there tomorrow night though.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:07 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

I guess my complaining finally paid off...just found out that Albany does apparently (starting with today's game) webcast their games:

http://www.live365.com/stations/alba...lbanyriverrats

Should be a good game. The Rats are still looking for their first win of the season.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:22 PM
neelynugs

P-bruins lose 3-2 to Albany. Ivan Huml and Kris Vernarsky scored, and if the boxscore is any indication, it seems as if they were the best players tonight, registering 5 and 6 shots on goal, respectively. Huml also had several penalties, and they all seemed to be stick infractions (slash, high stick). Milan Jurcina was a -1, Martin Samuelsson had 2 shots on net, and Tim Thomas made 28 saves. I'm hoping that we can get a good report from anyone who was at the game, and would like to know how Jurcina looked after the very long layoff.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:47 PM
Schlep Rock

Oh man... What a dreadful game this was to watch.

I sat in the blue seats, with 3 scouts spread out across the area I was sitting in.

One scout left after the 2nd period, another packed up shop about 3 minutes into the 3rd.

I was about to leave until Providence made it 3-2 and figured may as well stay and see if they can do anything with it.

For my line of work though, I would've been better served seeing PC/BU play tonight... plus it probably would've been funner.

By the way, what the heck is going on in P-Town? Not sure if there were 2,500 people there tonight... that is pathetic! I remember when a consistent 7,000 were packing that arena.

Also... Thomas appeared shaky at first to me but he made a couple of huge saves to keep the team in the game. One of the goals, he went to catch with his glove but it instead bounced into the net. There was one huge post-to-post save he made that would've been a game breaker if Providence ended up winning.

Jurcina... I didn't notice him too much to be honest with you. When I did it was because he tried to carry the puck behind Albany's net only to see a River Rat standing there and he panicked and lost the puck.

Huml was pretty good tonight... I noticed Vernasky more. But why does Gordon have Vernasky playing with Orr and Doull? This is the same Vernarsky that some people were saying might be in Boston this year... Why is he being paired with 2 known enforcers? At least give him Stock or something.

All of the Providence defenseman are trying to do WAY too much with the puck, particularly Morrison. PASS the stinking puck!

Closed Thread