HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

another what happen to this player thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2006, 07:48 PM
komisakick ass

vCash: 500
another what happen to this player thread

Dan Fritsche
2 pts in 10 games in the AHL

Old
02-21-2006, 08:36 PM
hockey9089

From what i heard he has been playing very well. I havent seen him play just going by word of mouth. I am supirsed to hear he is still not getting PP time down on the farm. His confidence has to be shot right now hopefully he can get it back together.

Old
02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Matt Foley*

If it were up to me, I'd keep Fritsche in Syracuse the rest of the season. He's not going to get any better playing on the fourth line in Columbus when he can be playing a lot more with the Crunch, as well as get some playoff experience.

Old
02-21-2006, 09:28 PM
JacketsFanWest

Fritsche has had some injuries too in Syracuse. He was injured in the pre-game warmup. It was something odd, a bruised tailbone I think.

Old
02-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Ejh18

What happened to Fritsche?

Injuries to the rest of the team kept him Columbus for the first half of the season, something that really, really got my panties in a bunch...

I think the best thing for danny is to continue to stay in Syracuse and play out the year... then start next season there too. We basically Malhotra'd dannyboy. Let's hope an extended stay in syracuse can help him regain a scoring touch. We all know the effort is there when he steps on the ice. He just needs a lot more ice-time than we can give him here in CMH.

Old
02-21-2006, 10:21 PM
pucks-not-bucks

Let's not forget, DF is still only 20 years old. He never should have been in Columbus as an 18-year old in 2003-04.

Plus, he's been all over the place....Columbus, US World Junior team (gold medal), Sarnia, Syracuse, Sarnia, London (Memorial Cup), Columbus, Syracuse and Columbus again. All in 28 months time.

I agree with the sentiment to keep in Syracuse the rest of the season...let him develop and further define what kind of player he can be. The effort and the potential are there, let's see if we can match it with some patience.

Signed,

Not a Fritsche man-crusher

Old
02-21-2006, 10:31 PM
stoney17

I saw today on USA Today transactions page that Fritsche was suspended for four games for actions in a game last weekend. What did he do??????

AHL-Suspended Syracuse F Dan Fritsche four games for his actions during a Feb. 17 game.

Old
02-21-2006, 11:03 PM
pucks-not-bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney17
I saw today on USA Today transactions page that Fritsche was suspended for four games for actions in a game last weekend. What did he do??????

AHL-Suspended Syracuse F Dan Fritsche four games for his actions during a Feb. 17 game.
It's true...

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2006/02/21/1455537.html

The article doesn't say exactly what Fritsche did, but Macster made mention in the minor league thread a few nights ago, that DF "tried to take someone's head off with his stick" and only got two minutes for it...

This was a post in the Syracuse Post-Standard...

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/weblo...02.html#114716

In his blog, Lindsay Kramer (writer for the paper) said that he slapped a player (Toronto's Brett Englehardt) in the head with his stick in a game Friday...in response to what he felt was a cheap shot.

Old
02-21-2006, 11:13 PM
komisakick ass

He look like he got a hard time to controll himself, his kamikaze style of play for a fragile guy like him just prove that.(I'm not sure if my sentence make sence cause I speak french but you know what I mean...Hopefully)
Do his health is still a concern?

Last edited by komisakick ass: 02-22-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Old
02-22-2006, 01:59 AM
pucks-not-bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisakick ***
He look like he got a hard time to controll himself, his kamikaze style of play for a fragile guy like him just prove that.(I'm not sure if my sentence make sence cause I am french but you know what I mean...Hopefully)
Do his health is still a concern?
very much so...he's had 2-3 shoulder injuries (and another one currently)

Old
02-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Syracuse Crunch fan

I don't think you can judge Fritche just on points yet. Emphasis on yet. Barring injuries and suspendsions of course, he's changing the role he's been asked to play all season AND play with two new guys.

What I have been looking for is his energy (which is there), his desire (which is there), and his playmaking (which is there). The shots and points will come by the end of the year.

Old
02-26-2006, 06:37 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I hate to say "I told you So..."

But I said on this board several times after Fritsche was drafted that he's a career 3rd liner with 2nd line duty on nights where a top sixer is injured. Its not a bad thing, but I hate to hear ppl say "What happened to him?" Nothing happened, he's still the same player, a 2 way forward.

BTW: I'm a Fritsche Fan...

A strong 3rd line in the future could be

Fritsche-Svitov-Picard

Last edited by KeithBWhittington: 02-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Closed Thread