HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I let in 16 goals

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2006, 04:44 AM
DaveyCrockett

vCash: 500
I let in 16 goals

My team lost 16-0 in our first playoff game and we are done. Our real goalie didn't show up and I was the only one willing to strap the pads on (never ever played in net before). We probably would have lost anyways, so no one on the team was too upset and its only intramural hockey. It was hilarious, and I learned that I'm a much better defenseman than goaltender. However, I now have a new respect for goalies. It is a completely different game than playing as a skater. Hey goalies, you rule.

Last edited by DaveyCrockett: 02-13-2006 at 05:37 AM.
Old
02-13-2006, 10:58 AM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
Goalies will, at least once in there career, sometimes more, have those really lopsided games where they can't seem to stop anything. Me, I've had more than my share of those games. At least now you can say you've been a goalie.

Old
02-13-2006, 11:56 AM
HeHateMeFrisbee

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
I usually play out, whether it be forward or defense, but every once in a while I'll strap on the pads and play drop in, or even play in a league game. Partly because its fun, and partly to remember how tough it is to play goalie. Thats why I never let my goalie have it after a bad game.

Old
02-13-2006, 12:44 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
I play goalie on occasion...I'm not good, by any means, I just do it when I get tired of defense. I let in 17 goals once, it was ugly.

Old
02-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
I had a playoff game on sunday, however, our all star goalie got super sick the night before, so I had take his place. Everyone thought we would lose without him. As it turns out, we won 6-2. Funny thing is, I used to play goalie up until 2 years ago. I switched to forward because i started to suck at goalie. I thought it was funny and ironic that I played pretty well and only allowed 2 goals.

Old
02-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Nas_Bert_Morr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett
My team lost 16-0 in our first playoff game and we are done. Our real goalie didn't show up and I was the only one willing to strap the pads on (never ever played in net before). We probably would have lost anyways, so no one on the team was too upset and its only intramural hockey. It was hilarious, and I learned that I'm a much better defenseman than goaltender. However, I now have a new respect for goalies. It is a completely different game than playing as a skater. Hey goalies, you rule.
You don't happen to play for the Italian women's team, do you??

Old
02-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Hank19*

Quote:
LOL. Yeah, I strapped the pads on the other night due to only 1 goalies showing up and I think I let in about the same. But I have a feeling that you probably faced more than 17 shots. But that one save was a beauty!

Old
02-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
As a former (rehabed?) tender, I raise my glass to you!

Old
02-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Puckboy

I would strap them on one more time to try and get your GAA down

Way to take one for the team

Old
02-21-2006, 01:40 PM
RPIBruin

Send a message via AIM to RPIBruin Send a message via MSN to RPIBruin
Go you go! I remember the time I was sick before our intramural game at school they pulled sticks for who was gonna replace me. The final score was 23-4. So don't feel bad it happens to everyone their first time. But the best part was the fact my "backup" ran over to me afterwards and appologized for yelling at me in the past (he's a Dman). Those crazy Dmen.

Closed Thread