HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scouting St Louis' farm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2006, 03:46 PM
  #1
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,569
vCash: 420
Scouting St Louis' farm

Peoria Journal Star

"The warning signs of more NHL trades by the parent-club St. Louis Blues were in Carver Arena. Among those in attendance were Blues general manager Larry Pleau, Vancouver scouts Lorne Henning and Lucien DeBlois, Carolina director of pro scouting Marshall Johnston, New York Rangers scout Dave Brown (his second consecutive game here) and San Jose scout Barry Long. "

scouting for Tkachuk deal throw-ins?

Thirty One is online now  
Old
02-20-2006, 04:15 PM
  #2
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
Peoria Journal Star

"The warning signs of more NHL trades by the parent-club St. Louis Blues were in Carver Arena. Among those in attendance were Blues general manager Larry Pleau, Vancouver scouts Lorne Henning and Lucien DeBlois, Carolina director of pro scouting Marshall Johnston, New York Rangers scout Dave Brown (his second consecutive game here) and San Jose scout Barry Long. "

scouting for Tkachuk deal throw-ins?

Tkachuck and Jay McClement or Lee Stempniak who is from new york.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 04:17 PM
  #3
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,569
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Tkachuck and Jay McClement or Lee Stempniak who is from new york.
he's also Jessiman's linemate

Thirty One is online now  
Old
02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
  #4
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
he's also Jessiman's linemate
yea and sather loves to get players who played together at some point. And Stempniak was drafted in the 5th round of the same year as Jessiman and made the NHL faster. We should have drafted Stempniak with one of the later picks that year.


the czech squad, along with Helminen and Ortmeyer, Taylor and Lampman, before Blackburn got hurt, Blackburn and Weller, Dawes and Russell, Dubinsky and Sauer, the list goes on and on.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 04:36 PM
  #5
shoothepuck
88
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,197
vCash: 500
I don't think Sather makes a deal for Tachuk, due to the cost, but one never knows.

shoothepuck is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 04:41 PM
  #6
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,674
vCash: 500
I'd have to think that St. Louis is interested in getting rid of vets particularly ones with big contracts. Somehow I don't think Stempniak fits into that category.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 04:43 PM
  #7
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
yea and sather loves to get players who played together at some point. And Stempniak was drafted in the 5th round of the same year as Jessiman and made the NHL faster. We should have drafted Stempniak with one of the later picks that year.


the czech squad, along with Helminen and Ortmeyer, Taylor and Lampman, before Blackburn got hurt, Blackburn and Weller, Dawes and Russell, Dubinsky and Sauer, the list goes on and on.
You most certainly wont even be on the phone long with Pleau if you mention Lee. Since they made their last moves, Stempniak has put up 4 goals and 2 assists for 6 points in the last five games.

He's going nowhere.

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 05:01 PM
  #8
robertch
Registered User
 
robertch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
I had the pleasure of watching Stempniak play last winter with the Big Green. He scored the winning in goal in the game I saw (versus Clarkson I believe). Later that night I met him in person at this frat party. He was a real nice guy.

robertch is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 05:01 PM
  #9
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
I wouldnt mind Tkatchuk if it was at the right price, hes a gritty vet and could really provide a little grind in the play-offs. His play may have tailed off in recent years but maybe a change of scenery and being on ateam that competes would help.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 05:09 PM
  #10
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,896
vCash: 500
Can someone tell me where they think Tkachuk would fit in with this team? Unless someone from the current roster is going the other way, I don't see where he fits in. He is a top six forward and our top 6 is overcrowded as it is with Prucha playing on the 3rd line.

nyranger61494 is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 05:10 PM
  #11
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
I wouldnt mind Tkatchuk if it was at the right price, hes a gritty vet and could really provide a little grind in the play-offs.
I haven't seen Tkachuk provide much of anything in the Olympics. He's a US veteran, he's an on ice leader and once again, he's a no-show. I can't rationalize why he would be the type of player someone would want to add to their team for a playoff run.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 05:12 PM
  #12
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I haven't seen Tkachuk provide much of anything in the Olympics. He's a US veteran, he's an on ice leader and once again, he's a no-show. I can't rationalize why he would be the type of player someone would want to add to their team for a playoff run.
Exactly...his game has really dropped off. I'll pass on him.

Block More Shots is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 05:19 PM
  #13
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,896
vCash: 500
This is a huge test for management IMO. Here we are, sitting pretty with a chance to improve the team AT THE EXPENSE of the rebuild and I am anxious to see how they react. I have no problem trading a Marcel Hossa whose not shown me enough consistency all year and whose roster spot will be easily filled by players within the organization. I am willing to part with a VETERAN Wolfpack player such as a Lampman, Giroux or Wiseman knowing that they are unlikely to be re-signed in this offseason.

Where I want to see the possible addition of a player is on the blueline. Whether it be a Willie Mitchell, Filip Kuba, Keith Carney or Dennis Gauthier or maybe just the addition of Staal. As long as we don't make a long-term investment or give up prospects who have a realistic chance of being our future, I'm on board.

nyranger61494 is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 05:48 PM
  #14
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
I don't know about Tkachuk...

it's tough brining in a scorer like him. First, you want him to be that 40 goal scorer he once was. I'm not sure he's capable of that. He may bring some semblance of balance in that his style offsets the others. He could excel in a Rangers-like setting because some pressure would be taken off him since Jagr is here. He would likely be able to play well with Rucchin, who I think has somewhat of a similar style, and on the PP, Tkachuk would look nice parked in front of the net. The problem is, Prucha didn't do such a bad job on Jagr's left on the PP. The problem with the PP has been that it wasn't broken up evenly enough giving a second unit more time (and lately, there has been a second unit, and it's been noticed). There's a very tough balancing act here. A guy like Prucha can easily find himself left out and in Hartford simply because there's not much room. As it is now, he's on a third line with Ward - and if Betts returns, he has to fight Hossa for that job, with Nieminen fighting for the fourth spot with Hollweg, [Hossa or Prucha] and Orr. Yeah, Prucha fighting for a third or fourth line spot - at least that's how Renney's set it up.

So any move will have to be done correctly. Could Rucinsky be traded and Prucha replace him? Perhaps. Could Rucchin be moved and a centerman be brought in to replace him? Perhaps. Could it be Tkachuk or something of a top line/second line coming in? Perhaps. But it's tough to speculate because it's difficult determining who's out there and what is the cost. I can't even say who the Rangers would trade at this point.

Fletch is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 06:04 PM
  #15
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
just because we have interest in making a deal with st. louis is could be for many players not just a tkachuk deal

let see they have weinrich who would be a playoff rental and an upgrade over struds or just here for depth

they have dallas drake, dean mcammond, scott young, and jamal meyers to add different things up front depending on what sather wants if anything

so even if we made a deal for one of those 5 guys not named tkachuk, which im not saying will happen, there is a way we could get a throw in prospect coming back our way

i dont see any reason for tkachuk to be coming here, our top 6 our set and we be foolish to trade for his salary and age to play him on a 3rd line

Janerixon is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 06:16 PM
  #16
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Please dont trade for Tkachuk. We've all seen what he is now in the olympics, we have enough wingers, we need a center or blueliner.

Choice is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 06:28 PM
  #17
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Barret Jackman? At worst, Ktachuk will give us that big, tough, power forward who can get into the front of the net and stuff pucks home. He'd be a great fit with Straka and Jagr or Sykora and Prucha

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 06:37 PM
  #18
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
How does KT...

fit with Jagr/Straka, two wingers or Sykora/Prucha, two wingers? Are you proposing moving wingers to center? Just curious since it appears as though these guys are working better as wingers than centermen.

Fletch is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
  #19
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
fit with Jagr/Straka, two wingers or Sykora/Prucha, two wingers? Are you proposing moving wingers to center? Just curious since it appears as though these guys are working better as wingers than centermen.
Well, I prefer Straka and Sykora as our 1st 2 line centers over Nylander and Rucchin. Not to say that I don't like Nylander. He has clicked well with Straka-Jagr. Rucchin has looked good, but he still belongs on the 3rd line. How much better would our team look like this...

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Sykora-Ktachuk
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Ward

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 06:53 PM
  #20
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Well, I prefer Straka and Sykora as our 1st 2 line centers over Nylander and Rucchin. Not to say that I don't like Nylander. He has clicked well with Straka-Jagr. Rucchin has looked good, but he still belongs on the 3rd line. How much better would our team look like this...

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-Sykora-Ktachuk
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Ward
What are you willing to give up? Are you willing to do Immonen, Liffiton, and a 1st? I proposed that on the STL board but now I take it back after seeing him at the Olympics. He seems slow and overweight.

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 06:56 PM
  #21
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
just say no!! he has been horrible playing the olympics and he's been bad this year in general! he is a player we don't need, a punishing d-man would be the route i would take! only problem is that everyone is looking for them! oh and a power play qb!

sickboy35 is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 07:39 PM
  #22
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
Can someone tell me where they think Tkachuk would fit in with this team? Unless someone from the current roster is going the other way, I don't see where he fits in. He is a top six forward and our top 6 is overcrowded as it is with Prucha playing on the 3rd line.
It beats me.

If we are ever gooing to build the right way this is the time. If we have a lineup thats good but needs size we should not bring in Tkachuk. Jessiman is big and can play decent in the AHL. The step from the AHL to the NHL isn't that big if the enviorment is right. Tkachuk is finished, I doubt he would score a point per game in the AHL.

Jessiman wouldn't be a hit, but neiter would Keith. If we need more then size Keith isn't the option, if we don't Jessiman have that.

Ola is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 07:40 PM
  #23
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
What are you willing to give up? Are you willing to do Immonen, Liffiton, and a 1st? I proposed that on the STL board but now I take it back after seeing him at the Olympics. He seems slow and overweight.

What???No way. For KT? Probably Liffiton, Giroux, and Holt

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline  
Old
02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
  #24
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,569
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Tkachuk is finished, I doubt he would score a point per game in the AHL.
is that a typo? he's over a point a game in the NHL.

Thirty One is online now  
Old
02-20-2006, 07:57 PM
  #25
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
is that a typo? he's over a point a game in the NHL.
Didn't know that, I've only seen him in the Olympics this season. He is not a very good player anymore. Wouldn't want him even if we got him for free. Reminds me of Kevin Stevens and Co.

Ola is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.