HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hartford-Bridgeport tonight.

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2006, 05:33 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Hartford-Bridgeport tonight.

Sorry not to stay up for this. I'm going to bed in a couple minutes (I have to be up by 2am) but just to let you all know our prospects vs. the Isles prospects. Go Pack.

Old
02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Balej20*

Monty back yet?

Old
02-22-2006, 06:40 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Monty back yet?

Still out. Maybe he will be ready for the weekend, if not i'd assume next week. No need to rush him though, Pack are playing fine.

Old
02-22-2006, 06:58 PM
FLYLine24*

Pack already down 2-0, Gherson gave up 2 goals on 6 shots.

Old
02-22-2006, 08:13 PM
FLYLine24*

4-1 Bridgeport after 2,

Giroux scored, Assists from Jessiman and Immonen.

Old
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Balej20*

Could use Monty right about now

Old
02-22-2006, 08:58 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Could use Monty right about now

Yup. I just had to say something didn't I.

Old
02-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Balej20*

still the same score?

Old
02-22-2006, 09:07 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
still the same score?
5-1 final.

Old
02-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
5-1 final.
Bah, bad game tonight.

Old
02-22-2006, 10:45 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Tom Renney attended the Hartford game.Perry Pearn,Mike Pelino and Benoit Allaire ran the Rangers workout tonight.The players reported tonight.Non-Olympic players

Old
02-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Tom Renney attended the Hartford game.Perry Pearn,Mike Pelino and Benoit Allaire ran the Rangers workout tonight.The players reported tonight.Non-Olympic players
Well I'm glad Renney got to see probably one of the worst efforts of the year by the Pack.

Old
02-22-2006, 11:12 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Well I'm glad Renney got to see probably one of the worst efforts of the year by the Pack.
lol, seriously.

Them losing to the Sound kittens is pretty pathetic.

Old
02-22-2006, 11:15 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
You know what its like don't you? You have this ailment thats been bothering you non-stop for weeks, and finally you get an appointment with the the doctor, and POOF, your all better! Not a finer living specimen on the face of the Earth. Same thing with cars and mechanics. There should be a name for this Law of the universe. Something.... fancy sounding.

Old
02-26-2006, 06:07 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
lol, seriously.

Them losing to the Sound kittens is pretty pathetic.
Why is losing to the Sound Tigers pathetic. You make it sound as if the Pack are running away with things. Yeah they have a good record but the Tigers are 6 games over 500 and playing well after having an awful 1st 25-30 games. Bergneheim had 4 goals. As usual the Rangers or Pack lose and they played an awful game couldn't be they were outplayed could it? They dumped 41 shots on net and lost. No big deal don't go making excuses that it was a bad effort they just lost the game. Stop with the excuses.

Old
02-26-2006, 06:31 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Joe
Why is losing to the Sound Tigers pathetic. You make it sound as if the Pack are running away with things. Yeah they have a good record but the Tigers are 6 games over 500 and playing well after having an awful 1st 25-30 games. Bergneheim had 4 goals. As usual the Rangers or Pack lose and they played an awful game couldn't be they were outplayed could it? They dumped 41 shots on net and lost. No big deal don't go making excuses that it was a bad effort they just lost the game. Stop with the excuses.
You know what's funny? The rivalry between the Rangers and Isles is so intense that we get a spitting match over the respective AHL teams.

Old
02-26-2006, 06:39 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
You know what's funny? The rivalry between the Rangers and Isles is so intense that we get a spitting match over the respective AHL teams.
Ahh Jas. This year is no rivalry the Rangers are a much better team the the Isles as you have seen in the last 4 match ups. The Rangers are just a better team in pretty much every aspect except for maybe physical play thats it. AS for getting in a spitting match I just don't see why losing to the Tiger is pathetic they have been playing very good hockey after an awful start and are right in the middle of everything in the AHL. No reason for Fly to take a shot at them give some credit where when credit is due. There was a post that the Pack played an awful game. I just pointed out that they had 41 shots on net and it is possible that they got beat that particular night no reason to throw in the Pack played a bad game. Give some credit to the other team if they played a good game. Bergenheim had 4 goals that night. How about the Tigers played well and Bergenheim had a great night. Thats all.

Old
02-26-2006, 06:44 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Ahh Jas. This year is no rivalry the Rangers are a much better team the the Isles as you have seen in the last 4 match ups. The Rangers are just a better team in pretty much every aspect except for maybe physical play thats it. AS for getting in a spitting match I just don't see why losing to the Tiger is pathetic they have been playing very good hockey after an awful start and are right in the middle of everything in the AHL. No reason for Fly to take a shot at them give some credit where when credit is due. There was a post that the Pack played an awful game. I just pointed out that they had 41 shots on net and it is possible that they got beat that particular night no reason to throw in the Pack played a bad game. Give some credit to the other team if they played a good game. Bergenheim had 4 goals that night. How about the Tigers played well and Bergenheim had a great night. Thats all.
No harm, no foul, Joe. I just found it amusing. Ranger fans are a bit greedy this year. Not only do we want want success at the NHL level, but, we're claiming victory in the Olympics and obsessing about the performance of our AHL team.

Old
02-26-2006, 06:53 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
No harm, no foul, Joe. I just found it amusing. Ranger fans are a bit greedy this year. Not only do we want want success at the NHL level, but, we're claiming victory in the Olympics and obsessing about the performance of our AHL team.
I hear ya Jas. Good luck the rest of the way and in the playoffs. Better hope Jagr groin holds up or there will be big problems in Rangerland.

Old
02-26-2006, 07:05 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I hear ya Jas. Good luck the rest of the way and in the playoffs. Better hope Jagr groin holds up or there will be big problems in Rangerland.

Agreed. Just as a side note. I assume you watched today's game. How much did it bother you to see Kenny Jonsson playing so well, while no longer being in a Islander uniform?

Old
02-26-2006, 07:49 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Agreed. Just as a side note. I assume you watched today's game. How much did it bother you to see Kenny Jonsson playing so well, while no longer being in a Islander uniform?
Ahh I talked with several of my friends at the games prior to the lockout and we were all 90% he was going so when he decided to go back to Swden it really didn't surprise me. Heres why we figured he was heading back 3 main things in order. 1) Going to to his homeland to be with his extended family. 2) Much bigger ice surface for less hitting and less likely hood of getting another concussion and 3) They play about 15 games less in a season. Add these things up yeah he's not goinna make as much but he probably made about 15 million over his career in the NHL I'm sure his has a large eggshell to retire on. It didn't botther me seeing him play in a Sweden uniform because he left the NHL it's not like he left the Isles on bad terms and went to another team. The guy left the NHL for better times in his homeland and i can't blame him one bit. I was actually gald he could play as he did suffer another concussion in Dec. Glad to see he recovered quickly enough to represent his country.

Old
02-26-2006, 09:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Ahh I talked with several of my friends at the games prior to the lockout and we were all 90% he was going so when he decided to go back to Swden it really didn't surprise me. Heres why we figured he was heading back 3 main things in order. 1) Going to to his homeland to be with his extended family. 2) Much bigger ice surface for less hitting and less likely hood of getting another concussion and 3) They play about 15 games less in a season. Add these things up yeah he's not goinna make as much but he probably made about 15 million over his career in the NHL I'm sure his has a large eggshell to retire on. It didn't botther me seeing him play in a Sweden uniform because he left the NHL it's not like he left the Isles on bad terms and went to another team. The guy left the NHL for better times in his homeland and i can't blame him one bit. I was actually gald he could play as he did suffer another concussion in Dec. Glad to see he recovered quickly enough to represent his country.

I had forgotten about series of concussions. Good to see he didn't leave on bad terms.

Closed Thread