HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Intresting point for the trade deadline

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2006, 07:26 PM
bodangleroo28

vCash: 500
Intresting point for the trade deadline

Now that hasek is injured a push for jokinen by the senators might be a little hard because they might need a little help between the pipes which will give us a better shot at the guy.. just thought that was pretty intrusting

Old
02-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
You'd think so but they're in the same dilemna we were in with Esche and Frank. The only difference with the Sens is that Hasek will only be missing around 10 games, according to his press conference. They will just ride Emery long and hard until Hasek comes back, at which point the fossil will take over. Then we'll have to deal with a healthy, rested, antique; great.

Old
02-21-2006, 10:01 PM
TheKingPin

Maybe, 10 games is a long time and with Buffalo push hard, the rangers playing well, the Flyers should be close to unbeatable, and Carolina continuing Ottawa may need to make a move. Plus Hasek is old and could take longer to heal and with his flop everywhere style he coulf easily hurt it again, potentially after Ottawa. I think they know they should get someone. Just a matter going with the head or the heart. I say if Ottawa is out, then Umberger and picks for Jokinen.

Old
02-22-2006, 12:42 AM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Maybe, 10 games is a long time and with Buffalo push hard, the rangers playing well, the Flyers should be close to unbeatable, and Carolina continuing Ottawa may need to make a move. Plus Hasek is old and could take longer to heal and with his flop everywhere style he coulf easily hurt it again, potentially after Ottawa. I think they know they should get someone. Just a matter going with the head or the heart. I say if Ottawa is out, then Umberger and picks for Jokinen.
I don't include umberger for any rental
if we trade umberger it has to be an upgrade and last longer than the playoffs

Old
02-22-2006, 01:35 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
There's no reason to say Jokinen has to be a rental. He wants to play for a contender, he could very easily sign a contract here. If there was a guarantee that he signs long-term, I think you make the trade for Umberger + without hesitation.

Old
02-22-2006, 08:58 AM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
There's no reason to say Jokinen has to be a rental. He wants to play for a contender, he could very easily sign a contract here. If there was a guarantee that he signs long-term, I think you make the trade for Umberger + without hesitation.
if there is a long term commitment sure, but the only guarantee is a contract. I am not taking anyone's word that they will sign as a guarantee. Not to mention Jokinen just turned down a 4mil deal. Maybe it is just Jokinen wanting out of FLA, but in cap world that is a lot of money to turn down. I wouldn't want the Flyers to spend 4mil a year on him.

Old
02-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Jester

Quote:
if there is a long term commitment sure, but the only guarantee is a contract. I am not taking anyone's word that they will sign as a guarantee. Not to mention Jokinen just turned down a 4mil deal. Maybe it is just Jokinen wanting out of FLA, but in cap world that is a lot of money to turn down. I wouldn't want the Flyers to spend 4mil a year on him.
the problem is Primeau...

if we knew Primeau wasn't coming back at all (i don't think we will see him in the Orange and Black again...) then making a deal for Jokinen is very easy because we will have the cash to re-sign him w/out it being a problem. however, i don't think Primeau is about to call it a career...

for the record, i think Jokinen turned down that money entirely because of it being offered by Florida...

Old
02-22-2006, 12:25 PM
bodangleroo28

alot of people keep forgetting that signing people this year will be alot easier because of the possibility of the cap raising by mabye 6 million

Old
02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
BloodOnTheIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer6
alot of people keep forgetting that signing people this year will be alot easier because of the possibility of the cap raising by mabye 6 million
Didn't forget. We have some key players that need to be signed and will they will be getting raises, you have the Primeau situation, and I just wouldn't want to spend 4mil on Jokinen. If you can get him for 3mil okay. I still want us to be under the cap as much as possible.

The bottom line was I wouldn't give up Umberger for a rental player. Jokinen looks like a rental to me. Yes, he could sign with us longer, but that is not guaranteed.

Old
02-22-2006, 07:13 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Agreed. I rather not give up Umberger at all. He and Carter show good chemistry playing with each other and I feel they could make a good #2 line next year if we sign someone to play on the RW with them (Langenbrunner?)

Closed Thread