Notices

Call from the Bruins front office

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 08:42 AM
HockeyGoddess

vCash: 500
Call from the Bruins front office

I had an interesting message on my answering machine when I got home last night. It was from someone in the Bruins front office. I called the person back a bit ago (just got off the phone with him). Aside from asking me about whether or not I'd want to buy a 10-game package, he had a few other questions to ask me... how I felt about JJ, the management, the team itself, if I enjoyed the games I went to last season, where I liked sitting most, etc.

As soon as I told him that I couldn't afford even nosebleed seats for a 10-game package, the sales portion of the call ended, and all the other queries began.

Has anyone else received a call or message on their answering machine like this?

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
10-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
nope...

I'm still waiting for my reply e-mail about Girards health...

some Hot Line..

although if they do call me ..I'll tell them the truth.. I'll only go if Joe O'Donnell offers me freebies for his box....

My Sis usually come thru a few times a year.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
10-24-2003, 09:23 AM
SToMper!

I got one, but haven't called back yet.

Old
10-24-2003, 09:30 AM
MaLockFan

Yep

Me too, but I heard the sales pitch in her voice. I thought it was about the ten game pack becuase she dangled the Neely game at me.

Won't bother calling back, but I like the agressivness.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Flyers26

Most teams are doing this now. I have season tickets to the FLYERS, and got the "is everything ok" call, and asking the same type of questions that HG got.
A friend of mine, who cancelled his tickets, was bombarded with calls, trying to ge him back. Guess this is a fact of the economics of our times.

Old
10-24-2003, 10:56 AM
hubofhockey

girard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
nope...

some Hot Line..

although if they do call me ..I'll tell them the truth.. I'll only go if Joe O'Donnell offers me freebies for his box....

Wally -- Just hung up with Bob Sauve....word on Girard is encouraging...he is still at Laval rehab, walking regularly these days with crutches rather than, you know, that metal walker that is more commonly the domain of the aged...will try to run a full note for Sunday's column.....projection: back to hospital for followup surgery on abdomen in 2-3 weeks...with luck, finally back to his home around Dec. 1.

Zinovjev worked on a line with Zamuner, Axelsson, Berergon today -- Sullivan not sure if he'll play him sat. vs. devdogs. kpd

Old
10-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubofhockey
Wally -- Just hung up with Bob Sauve....word on Girard is encouraging...he is still at Laval rehab, walking regularly these days with crutches rather than, you know, that metal walker that is more commonly the domain of the aged...will try to run a full note for Sunday's column.....projection: back to hospital for followup surgery on abdomen in 2-3 weeks...with luck, finally back to his home around Dec. 1.

Zinovjev worked on a line with Zamuner, Axelsson, Berergon today -- Sullivan not sure if he'll play him sat. vs. devdogs. kpd

THANKS Kevin....Much, much, obliged..

good to hear the kid is making progress.. looks like it will literally be "one step at a time"..

Thanks again ...

Old
10-24-2003, 11:12 AM
SToMper!

Wow Wally,
Is that service or what? Thanks KPD!

Nice to hear for Girard......hope he makes a full recovery.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SToMper!
Wow Wally,
Is that service or what? Thanks KPD!

Nice to hear for Girard......hope he makes a full recovery.
yeah Tom... hope he doesn't think I'll be nice to him now..

Old
10-24-2003, 02:28 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
nope...

some Hot Line..

hey Wally, if your there when I am, come down with a tix so I can go up and hang out kidding of course- but has happened once or twice. The only thing I like better than being at the game is eating and drinking at it FREE.

Old
10-24-2003, 02:36 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
hey Wally, if your there when I am, come down with a tix so I can go up and hang out kidding of course- but has happened once or twice. The only thing I like better than being at the game is eating and drinking at it FREE.

absolutely... Mr ODonnell is a great guy...on a personal basis he's done so much for my sister ,it can never be repaid...
He's on the Board of Trustees at Childrens Hospital. My little neice got real sick . We almost lost her if not for him.
He personally saw to it that she got nothing but the best.
As a Dad who lost his own little boy, Mr ODonnell has an inner drive to see kids get well.

Anybody ever bad mouths this guy would have me at them in a second.

He gets tix to me a few times a year...never know when.. I could have gone to opening night but didn't find out soon enough.. He went to the Sox game in NY ...

He has hopes of being an owner of one of our franchises some day..

He'd be great at it as far as I'm concerned.

Old
10-25-2003, 09:50 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Has anyone else received a call or message on their answering machine like this?
I have never gotten a call from the Boston Bruins.

On the other hand the providence Bruins seem to call me 3 times a year. I live in Boston and don't even own a car. As best as I can tell I got on their list when I bid for a Huml jersey at an auction a few years ago, and they will not give up

Old
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Cam19b

Hg

I got the call a week or two ago. Real nice guy talked hockey, tried to sell me 10 game pack then just BSed for a few. He wanted to send me an email and screwed up my addy so he called back and chatted again to get my email.

BTW not around too often lately but seems like we have gained some good posters(famous and not). The team is solid. I should be around more often now!!

Any word from Scott(DC)??

Go B'sssssss!!!!!!!!

Old
10-26-2003, 03:40 AM
afan

vCash:
I also got a couple of calls, one at home and one at work. THe call was about the 10 packagae deal but I was told you could also split it and buy 2 tickets to 5 games instead. I was also aked questions about how I buy tickets, where I like to sit, have I bought any this year, etc. I told her I used to buy loge seats but they were just too expensive now. Was told that a lot of people were saying that.

Closed Thread