HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FLYERS vs. KINGS & Roman !

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 01:54 AM
Flyers26

vCash: 500
GDT: FLYERS vs. KINGS & Roman !

Finally, the day has come!
I can't wait to see the Roman Empire fall....again!

EDIT: We'll make this the game day thread.

Old
10-21-2003, 05:40 AM
Teezax

I think JR is going to have a big game, he really wants to stick it to Roman. I wouldn't be surprised to see him notch 2 goals and an assist. Hopefully they'll keep the JR, Rex and Amonte line together as it's always seen success in the past. It's a late game but ain't no way i'm missing it.

Flyers 4
LA 2

Is it Esche or Hackett tonight? Im guessing Hitch will give Esche the chance to play Roman.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:15 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Is it Esche or Hackett tonight? Im guessing Hitch will give Esche the chance to play Roman.

Papers said Hackett tonight and Esche tomorrow.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:21 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Im guessing Hitch will give Esche the chance to play Roman.
Or he can play Hackett and give the Flyers a better chance to win.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:18 AM
paxtang

I'm looking for Brennan to try to get revenge for getting dropped by the Fridge last year.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Quellet The Dogs Out

Yeah it said on the Flyers site that Hackett will be facing the Kings and that Esche will be facing the Ducks.

It also noted that Therien, who has been a healthy scratch the first 4 games will be playing in at least one of the games, but it didn't say who would be taken out of the lineup for Therien.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:03 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quellet The Dogs Out
Yeah it said on the Flyers site that Hackett will be facing the Kings and that Esche will be facing the Ducks.

It also noted that Therien, who has been a healthy scratch the first 4 games will be playing in at least one of the games, but it didn't say who would be taken out of the lineup for Therien.
They may dress 7 defenseman if Gagne & Lapointe are still unable to play.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:24 AM
Flyers26

I think gagne will be out tonite. LeClair is out until at least the weekend, and hopefully LaPointe is over his sniffles, and will play.
It KILLS me to see White (the son-in-law) in the lineup.

Old
10-21-2003, 11:49 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
I think gagne will be out tonite. LeClair is out until at least the weekend, and hopefully LaPointe is over his sniffles, and will play.
It KILLS me to see White (the son-in-law) in the lineup.
I know, when the hell are they going to bring Sharp in here. White is a career AHL'er, Sharp has some raw talent at least.

Old
10-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Nikkowar

Send a message via AIM to Nikkowar Send a message via MSN to Nikkowar
I'm not making any predictions. But I'd like to know what's going on,so I think I'll watch as much as I can before the Z's come.

Old
10-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Brad*

Hopefully the Flyers can come through this game without any injuries...for once.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Hopefully the Flyers can come through this game without any injuries...for once.
Your facing the Kings tonight, they should probably have a couple of extra ambulances handy.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:00 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

what is going on? 6 straight penalties and no shots on net in the 2nd?!?

Old
10-21-2003, 07:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

They had one at the end. There was a few questionable calls, but the Flyers didn't get many chances to draw any penalties. the call on Johnsson was questionable at best, but there was a few against the Kings that we're good calls either (Dustin Brown for interference notably).

Old
10-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
what is going on? 6 straight penalties and no shots on net in the 2nd?!?
I think the reffing has been pretty bad this game also. On both teams' penalties I honestly haven't seen anything that should be called a penalty, with the exception of 1 or 2 against each of the teams. Therien should be watching right now and Pitkanen should be playing. It's not that Therien is slow when he is in full stride, it's just that he has no quickness whatsoever. Forwards just skate by him in the defensive zone like it's nothing. Amonte has been bad as well. His passes have been bad and he has not looked good with the puck. On one play, Roman was pretty far out of the net and Amonte took it around and tried to pass it. Amonte should have gone for a wraparound and he probably would have scored. Having played with Roman last year, Amonte should know that one of Roman's biggest weaknesses is getting to the other side of the net on a wraparound. On the last PP of the second period, Amonte had the puck on the off wall and had Johnsson streaking through the back of the slot uncovered. Johnsson probably would have put it in pretty easy, but Amonte passed it behind him and Johnsson had no time to get a shot off.
Neither team has been playing real well so far, it's been a real slow game.

That's what I've seen so far, I'll update you if anything significant happens.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The game has been moving...the teams have not

The Flyers are getting out worked. Desjardins has played well though.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Winston Wolf

A *** discrace. We played horrible tonight. The best player for the Flyers was definitely Kim Johnsson, he was one of the only guys I thought played decently tonight. I would also say that Eric Chouinard was our best forward, and that isn't saying much. Cechmanek gets the shutout, but we hardly tested him. Not exactly the showing you want when you face the goaltender that you gave up on and have publicly criticized.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
flyercide

I kinda expected Cechmanek to play well.. but I didn't expect the Flyers to play this poorly. A few of us kept saying when people kept blaming Cechmanek for losing in the po's that it wasnt him that it was our offense. Maybe folks will open their eyes now. As much as I dislike Clarke & blame him for the Flyer's inability to win the Cup the last 20+ years I just don't think there's many GM's out there that the Flyers could hire that would do a better job. So I'd rather not see that path taken again. Which brings me to... who is the runner-ups for scapegoat of the year? I nominate Hitch because his system & coaching style is extremely boring and our offense has been dreadful since he has taken over. This was a big game for the Flyers, theres no doubt about it and look at the result...

Old
10-21-2003, 08:45 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

They definetaly had some good chances in the first and third. They didn't in the 2nd because of "penalties." When it came down to it though, the Kings still outplayed the Flyers 5 on 5. They got a first hand lesson on how to play as a team, with heart, determination, and leaving it all out on the ice from the best in the business in the LA Kings. All 6 Kings defensemen range from mediocre to bad at best when playing defnese. No Allson. No Norstrom. No Miller. No Deadmarsh. Derek Armstrong is on the 2nd line. Martin freaken Strbak had 2 goals. And that's not even talking about the goaltending. Andy Murray has had this team working their arses since he got to Los Angeles.

Meanwhile, except for two plays, Jeremy Roenick...no where to be found. Maybe he'll shut the hell up and stop making pretty plays and start making smart ones (a la tip pass to Amonte in the 2nd). The last few minutes it just seemed the Flyers quit, most evident than the Frolov goal. He grabbed the puck, put it down, downed 2 beers, crushed the cans on his head, got a hot girl in the stands' number and scored a goal.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:02 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
He grabbed the puck, put it down, downed 2 beers, crushed the cans on his head, got a hot girl in the stands' number and scored a goal.
and there were alot of hotties over at staples tonight...lol

10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

freaking disgracefull. that is all i have to say, you mean to tell me that to a player this team could not get up for facing Roman Cechmanek? please. they had 2 days off so fatigue was not a factor. you can use all the excuses you want, no Pitkanen(i'll get to that later), no Gagne ect.. but to a man the Flyers are a far superior team then the Kings and we got our tails kicked all over the ice by the Kings, and many of these guys i have seen in Manchester as recently as last year. Joe Corvo, Armstrong, ect.
Why exactly was that 2 toed sloth Chris Therien starting in place of Pitkanen? Therien stinks and we put him out there? I would like to here Hitch's excuse on that one.
Hopefully they respond in Anahiem Wed. night.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:36 AM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Cechmanek: 1
Flyers: 0

HA!

Old
10-22-2003, 03:30 AM
Cuiff

I did not stay up for the whole game but what I saw was sickly. Once again, no one on this team can step it up.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:38 AM
BrindA17

Send a message via AIM to BrindA17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I did not stay up for the whole game but what I saw was sickly. Once again, no one on this team can step it up.
Recchi can....but that's about it.

Old
10-22-2003, 03:58 AM
Teezax

Everytime this team seems to be looking like a viable contender, they go out and give a performance like this. I don't know why the hell they put in Theiren, 2 stupid penalties and no outlet pass. The guy shoudl be done in Philly. 6 PPG with Pitkanen in the lineup, yet we bench him. Not blaming the loss on that, but i'm sure it could have made a difference. We barely tested them, the second period was horrendous. I think we played for about 6 minutes in this game. I've never seen the Flyers look so bad in all my life, i've never seen them post 1 shot in a period, there is no excuse for that. Hitch needs to put fire under all these guys butts, i don't what the stir is, but these guys weren't playing yesterday. Didn't take advantage of the thin D on the other side of the rink.....but give credit to LA, they played a solid 60 mins.

Closed Thread