HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Lundqvist the real deal???

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2006, 04:01 PM
wewotti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
It just seems that Kasparaties, Tuytin, Jagr, Straka, Sykora, Prucha, Nylander, Rucinsky etc feels more proud to be a Ranger than Lundqvist.
No pride to be a Ranger? Are you completely insane? Why do you think he has the Statue of Liberty on his Swedish helmet???????

Old
02-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewotti
No pride to be a Ranger? Are you completely insane? Why do you think he has the Statue of Liberty on his Swedish helmet???????

He does? That is cool.

Old
02-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Nich

and also saying that he practiced with his olympic equipment before others is a sign of him not taking pride in being on the rangers is rediculous. i mean when else will he break in his olympic equipment.

and yes, the left side of his mask is the swedish symobol thing, other side has the statue in liberty in swedish blue and outlined in yellow....he loves new york and has stated it numerous times.

Old
02-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich

and yes, the left side of his mask is the swedish symobol thing, other side has the statue in liberty in swedish blue and outlined in yellow....he loves new york and has stated it numerous times.

I dont doubt he loves New York, just how much pride he feels in being a Ranger.

Old
02-24-2006, 04:23 PM
RGF

ok you don't know him so how about u give up on this loyalty bs, Do you think AO is proud to be a Capitol? or Crosby a Penguin? No theyre young kids playing out of their minds in an exciting game, making great money and living their dreams. Pride comes through years of blood sweat and tears to realize who you are and what it means to be a part of something. So Kluivert, please stop bringing up petty POVs_

Further, from Day 1 you can find many articles citing Lundqvists desire to prove to the Rangers he was good enough to be their # 1, now that he is, he enjoys and commands the respect of both the organization and players. In return this would make any player feel welcomed, comfortable, and admiration for a team that allowed him to prove himself to them and support him fervently at the same time on the ice, as well as off.

Old
02-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Nich

does the mask answer that.

Old
02-24-2006, 04:29 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Sir.... sir... your negativity is not helping me right now.

Old
02-24-2006, 05:14 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
It just seems that Kasparaties, Tuytin, Jagr, Straka, Sykora, Prucha, Nylander, Rucinsky etc feels more proud to be a Ranger than Lundqvist. That is just the feeling I get but who cares, no point in discussion something as abstract as my feelings so we can just hope that Lundqvist does well in the future.
(So we can get a good package when we deal him to make Montoya our number 1 )
Where do you get this from? Does he talk to you? What makes you think that Sykora really wanted to be a Ranger so much as just not a Duck anymore? Or that Straka didn't have a lot of teams out there willing to give him $3 mil after a couple subpar injury plagued seasons? Anyway who gives out these awards for being the most proud? How do they go about deciding that? Come to think of it Jagr at least was rumored to have checked out his contract status because he really liked playing out in the middle of Siberia. Whether or not-- he raved about it enough that JD has mentioned how much he's liked it there several times this season. And if Lundqvist didn't want to be a Ranger he could have very easily continued playing for Frolunda. And probably he'd make as much or more there than he would here.

What we have here--and it's too bad for Kevin--is a potential elite goaltender. Richter was in elite status for about 2 years of his career. He was a very good goalie but he's a bit of a long shot for the HOF. A very good goalie is what his legacy is going to be--probably not an HOF'er like Eddie Giacomin (unfair as that might seem to some) who never won the cup. HL is pretty much matching in his rookie year at the age of 23 one of Mike better years. I'm afraid however that some people are getting set to take our playoff performance this year--good or bad--and lay any failure on the teams part all on him. It's not the right way to look at it and it's not fair and people should bear in mind that this is still a team in transition and this period of transition is in year one and should have several more to go. So give him and us a break please.

Old
02-24-2006, 05:17 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief
stanley cup is what will show if he's the real deal
anyone have jinx medication??

Old
02-24-2006, 05:34 PM
NYR469

is this thread a joke??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRReclusive
I've watched Lundqvist quite a bit this year, and I have been quite impressed with his performance. Is he the real deal?
you haven't watch him enough this year apparently if you even have to ask that question.

Old
02-24-2006, 08:23 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Brodeur never let in softies in big games?

Quote:
There is a difference, Brodeaur did not have to be good because he faced so few shots, he never let in those kind of softies in big games when was with the Devils.
I refer you to the conference finals in 94 vs the NYRs. I'm see trying to figure out how steponmytoe's shot when in! As a swede I think tou are over reacting. Bottom line is is that he won the game. You are watching your countries greatest goaltender ever. Sit back have an absolute and enjoy him!

Old
02-25-2006, 04:29 AM
VFHC

Quote:

This is what Henrik said after the semifinal:

Quote:
Nu vill jag verkligen ha OS-guld. Sedan när jag kommer till New York ska vi ta Stanley Cup. Tänk vad kul för New York-borna och hela klubben och få fira Stanley Cup i vår, säger Henrik Lundqvist.
Now I really want the Gold in Olympics. When I get back to NY then we are going for the SC. Image what fun it would be for people i NY and the club to celebrate SC.

Not proud being a Ranger? I think he has been a Ranger since 2000.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...784019,00.html

BTW Martin Straka, Jaromir Jagr, Marek Malik and Martin Rucinsky congratulated Henrik after the game and told him to "bring home the gold".

Old
02-25-2006, 06:06 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFHC
This is what Henrik said after the semifinal:

Now I really want the Gold in Olympics. When I get back to NY then we are going for the SC. Image what fun it would be for people i NY and the club to celebrate SC.

Not proud being a Ranger? I think he has been a Ranger since 2000.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...784019,00.html

BTW Martin Straka, Jaromir Jagr, Marek Malik and Martin Rucinsky congratulated Henrik after the game and told him to "bring home the gold".

Thank you, great to hear!

Old
02-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Korpido

edit, posted link is dead

Last edited by Korpido: 02-26-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old
02-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
I think it would be insane for anyone to want a player to care more for a team that pays him to play than his home country. I would consider that person a mercenary and unlikely to have the heart to bring home either a gold medal or the Stanley Cup.

Old
02-26-2006, 03:55 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpido
i'm assuming that article says something positive about Henrik?

Old
02-26-2006, 03:56 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan
I think it would be insane for anyone to want a player to care more for a team that pays him to play than his home country. I would consider that person a mercenary and unlikely to have the heart to bring home either a gold medal or the Stanley Cup.
Well I think that winning the Olympics is more about pride and honor, while the SC would be more about attaining greatness at the highest level of the sport.

Old
02-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Korpido

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
i'm assuming that article says something positive about Henrik?

so am I, I can't read sweedish.

I posted the link for the picture by picture description of save he made with under 30 seconds to go in the game today.

Closed Thread