HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2006, 01:03 PM
facts

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi

It would appear to me that we would be a good fit for him and we have the defensive support that they require in return. If we could get such a player I think he would do well and produce what we require.
I would like us to offer up a package like KJ Esche Eager for Bertuzzi and Cooke- this would solve both teams problems and is a fair deal.
K J is a tough sign for next year and I think that we can live without him Esche solidifies their goal needs and eager would play well into their plans.
Bertuzzi would be great on the powerplay and in front of the net and Cooke is the spark plug that we have needed for the last 10 years.

Old
02-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Jester

don't want him.

(and no, it has nothing to do with the steve moore thing)

Old
02-23-2006, 01:08 PM
phlacheesesteak

I dont see how this would improve Philly for the playoffs this year.. no deal IMO

PS Johnsson had better be resigned.

Old
02-23-2006, 01:08 PM
TheKingPin

dont want him either. Big and tough dosnt work anymore. Kunuble is the exception as he plays with Gagne and Foppa and hits net 50% while missing wdie open nets the 50. We need to get smaller faster type players that can pass and deck, look at the Sabres they are a great model, thats not just good coaching that is a great group for the new NHL, same in Carolina and Nashville.

Old
02-23-2006, 01:36 PM
BringBackStevens

after watching him stink up the olympics, no thanks

Old
02-23-2006, 03:11 PM
bennysflyers16

I wanted him,,,,until his performance on Team Canada, completely Dissapointing !

Old
02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
DaveBrown21

If we do make a deal with Vancouver, I'd rather have Morrison.

Old
02-23-2006, 06:47 PM
tytech

So who backs up Nittymaki? Please don't say Storr.

Old
02-23-2006, 07:30 PM
FlyersFanJS

no thanks, and Johnsson is one of the most underrated players in the NHL, he had a rough start to the year but was playing great when he got injured, he NEEDS to be re-signed

Old
02-23-2006, 10:23 PM
goodrev

vancouver can keep him, i for one think there is no fit for him on the flyers for 3 reasons... 1. his salary, 2. his speed, 3. his production

bertuzzi is making 5.29 mill a year and is a crippling presence on any teams payroll, another reason that vancouver WONT be able to trade him, especially to the flyers who are close to the cap

bertuzzi is a slow man, even on a slow team (the flyers) he would still be considered slow, this team may need a large player but he is going to have to have SPEED

Bertuzzi's production or lack there of is the reason that there are any talks that vancouver fans want him traded a all... he does have 20G and 33A for 53 PTS but the only reason he has any of those is because he plays on a line with marcus naslund and last i checked Knubles 25G and 22A are much more appealing to my eye with his 1.52 mill a year price tag. The biggest eye popper his +20 to bertuzzi's -8, so honestly lets stop this crap about trade for bertuzzi, there is NO WAY that the flyers trade for Bertuzzi and there is no way that i would even want him on this team when you can have a player just as good (knuble) for 4 mill a year less... thanks but no thanks

Old
02-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Where is this perception that Bertuzzi is slow coming from? He's not "fast" like Gagne or Kapanen, but he's faster than a lot of our team - he's sure as hell faster than Mike Knuble but nobody seems to make mention of how slow he is.

Old
02-23-2006, 11:13 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
He's not "fast" like Gagne or Kapanen, but he's faster than a lot of our team - he's sure as hell faster than Mike Knuble but nobody seems to make mention of how slow he is.
Knuble works well with any set of linemates he has. He did in BOS and is doing great now in Philly. Bert has been affected by everything that has gone on with the whole situation. I don't want him, he has changed whether you believe it or not. I like the talent we have and the team we have now, give or take a few guys. We don't need to give up our young talent for him when his game may be changed forever. He may always play tentative. I don't want that.
Knuble doesn't play that way, I like his style of play.

Quote:
after watching him stink up the olympics, no thanks
Well, I guess you don't want anyone from Team Canada because they all stunk up the joint in Turin.

Old
02-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Knuble works well with any set of linemates he has. He did in BOS and is doing great now in Philly. Bert has been affected by everything that has gone on with the whole situation. I don't want him, he has changed whether you believe it or not. I like the talent we have and the team we have now, give or take a few guys. We don't need to give up our young talent for him when his game may be changed forever. He may always play tentative. I don't want that.
Knuble doesn't play that way, I like his style of play.
I'm not saying I don't agree with you. Knuble has been good for this team and Bertuzzi has definitely lost what he used to have (or maybe it appears that way and he'll improve next year). I was just referring to foot speed.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I'm not saying I don't agree with you. Knuble has been good for this team and Bertuzzi has definitely lost what he used to have (or maybe it appears that way and he'll improve next year). I was just referring to foot speed.
i can't read anything you write as long as you have that avatar.

that is all.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:06 AM
cooker24

The perception that Bertuzzi is slow is completely wrong. For a man his size he is a great skater. He has great speed made even better with his size. The issue is his work ethic. He takes lazy penalties. Doesn't show up most nights and isn't the physical presence he used to be. Truth be told, he isn't an overly intelligent person either.

He has trade value, but he's almost back to his Islanders day where everyone wanted him for his "potential". Well, he still has that game breaking potential, but now he's been paid 5 million and at that type of salary you have to be a guy who shows up each and every night.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:13 AM
Lars

Send a message via MSN to Lars
From Canucks Standpoint i wouldn't do that deal

(And no i am not a Bertuzzi Lover Anymore )

Esche i want nothing to do with in Vancouver, Auld is better. Not overly enthused about Kim Jonsson, or Ben Eager either ... ill stick with the Bertuzzi who has "Potential"

Old
02-24-2006, 01:24 AM
califlyersfan

Actually Kim Johnsson alone should be enough for bertuzzi considering how pricey bert is. If vancouver gets that deal they would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by califlyersfan
Actually Kim Johnsson alone should be enough for bertuzzi considering how pricey bert is. If vancouver gets that deal they would jump on it in a heartbeat.
Why? KJ is an UFA at season's end so they trade Bertuzzi for a UFA to be? The cap space is nice, but I'm sure Vancouver could squeeze a more tangible asset from a team than a soon to be UFA.

In any case Bertuzzi trade talks before the deadline are likely a moot point, I doubt Nonis makes any major moves prior to the off-season.

Old
02-24-2006, 02:25 AM
goodrev

you are still overlooking the fact that NO ONE wants bertuzzi, he is branded in the league as a sack of crap and there was even a large uproar that they let him play for team canada, he is bad publicity nomatter where he goes, as well as a salary paperweight... honestly vancouver would be lucky to recieve KJ straight up for bertuzzi in fact they would be lucky to recieve a top 3 round draft pick for him so really dont over-value him because in the salary cap age $$ means everything and if you make a lot of $$ then your worth is garbage, its like if LA tried to trade roenick before he got hurt... it would be impossible, big bucks little production

P.S. the fact that bertuzzi has more than this year left on his contract makes him even LESS valuable than if he were to be a free agent, that means they are stuck with his crap contract for next year also

Old
02-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Rover*

I'd do bertuzzi for pitkanen.

Old
02-24-2006, 05:16 PM
puck1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBrown21
If we do make a deal with Vancouver, I'd rather have Morrison.
that would be realy good for you
Morrison and knuble did play together last year in sweden them 2 and forsberg would be a great line i think

Old
02-25-2006, 07:30 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
I wanted him,,,,until his performance on Team Canada, completely Dissapointing !

Who on Canada wasn't dissapointing?

I wouldn't want Bertuzzi and sure as hell not in a deal like that. How does trading Johnsson help solidify this team? By playing even more rookies and making Therien have to play.

That's awful

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-25-2006, 01:21 PM
pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
i can't read anything you write as long as you have that avatar.

that is all.
I start to read what he writes, then I end up staring at his avatar for the rest of the time it would take to read his post.

However, I am not lobbying for its removal!

Old
02-25-2006, 01:22 PM
pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Who on Canada wasn't dissapointing?
Brodeur and Luongo.

Old
02-25-2006, 03:26 PM
MojoJojo

It seems that whenever I watch Bertuzzi, he always makes the most unnecessary, undisciplined, just plain STOOOPID penalties. That combined with his poor play in the playoffs, the cost to get him, and his high salary make me want to pass on this guy.

Closed Thread