HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Panthers Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2006, 01:02 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Panthers Proposal

Yea but what u think about this deal?

Rucchin, Bruce Graham, Alex Giroux and Nieminen

Chris Gratton or Josef Stumpel with Branislav Mezei

Both would add some size to our lineup, Gratton Id rather have, but Stumpel can pass the puck. He can add something to our PP. Mezei is young and can add size to our lineup, he has been injured alot so he would come cheaply.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:25 AM
eco's bones

I'm sorry but Chris Gratton has been in about an 8 year slump. He's a very average skater and as about as inconsistent as a player can be. Think of Grosek. I've watched this guy when he was with the Sabres (when there was as Empire Channel for every single one of their games) and he was always getting benched and a lot of times it was for a lack of effort. To me he is a heartless player. I would not go near him with a 10,000 foot pole. In the recent thread on favorite players I didn't list ones I didn't like but he would definitely be among them.

Last edited by eco's bones: 02-24-2006 at 01:26 AM. Reason: add word
Old
02-24-2006, 01:34 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Both would add some size to our lineup, Gratton Id rather have, but Stumpel can pass the puck. He can add something to our PP. Mezei is young and can add size to our lineup, he has been injured alot so he would come cheaply.
Take out Graham and I would consider it, but I have been waiting for Gratton to have that breakout season since he was drafted. He had one good year in Philly, but considering where he was drafted he has been a huge disapointment. Graham has all the tools to be what Gratton should have been, so I'm not feeling this trade.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:40 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Nope, not interested.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:53 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Slumpel doesn't use his size, so he adds nothing. And all of a sudden, Mezei wouldn't be injured on the NY Rangers?

Old
02-24-2006, 02:32 AM
forboston

i like nieminen too much to make this trade. rangers are playing well, no point in fixing something that isn't broken.

Old
02-24-2006, 05:44 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Why would we want that stiff Gratton?

Quote:

Other than adding more experienced players, I don't know what they really add.

Old
02-24-2006, 06:22 AM
TheRedressor

I have hopes for Bruce Graham. No Deal

Old
02-24-2006, 07:08 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

my question is why. This does 0 for our team. We could've had Gratton in the offseason. They passes.
Trust Management, they know what they need this year.

Old
02-24-2006, 07:14 AM
TheRedressor

actully we were gonna sign Gratton but then we traded for Rucchin.

Old
02-24-2006, 07:23 AM
68jagr68

No way.Gratton has never impressed me.Always was one of those underachievers.

Old
02-24-2006, 08:00 AM
True Blue

Well, it's better than Gonchar

Old
02-24-2006, 08:06 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Slumpel doesn't use his size, so he adds nothing. And all of a sudden, Mezei wouldn't be injured on the NY Rangers?

Im saying Sather took risk with Cliche and Sauer as injured players when the Rangers drafted them, im saying if we were to get Mezei, he would add size to ur d and only 25.

Old
02-24-2006, 08:08 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

DUDE WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!!

whats with all these trade proposals... none of them any sense!!

Why would you want to make a four player trade when your team is in first place and 3rd in the East? For the Future? You arent getting any future back in those bumbs...

You got what you need right now!

Rucchin is gonna kick *** on this stretch run... youll see.

Old
02-24-2006, 08:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This deal does nothing for the Rangers. Chris Gratton? Yikes.

02-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
DUDE WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!!
whats with all these trade proposals... none of them any sense!!
Took the words right out of my head...

Old
02-24-2006, 10:39 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Yet another well thought out proposal from JOrtmeyer

How should I start this......maybe with a big NO because it involves Graham. It involves Graham being traded for two under achievers in Stumpel or Gratton.

Secondly, Mezei is injured, you should do some research before you make a proposal. And I believe it was the Rangers who injured him, and I will go on to think that it was Hollweg.

Also Rucchin has been amazing this year for THIS team. He has been better than bioth Gratton and Stumpel. Sorry, but once again no dice to your trade JOrtmeyer.

Oh and one last thing I'd rather keep Giroux and trade for something better than those two. And also I'd rather have Ville Nieminen. I just wanna know what goes through your mind when you think up these proposals. Before you post them, just ask yourself one thing, do the Rangers NEED and I mean honestly, truthfully NEED these players.

Old
02-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
as much as I'd love to ship out two key locker-room figures while downgrading the lineup, I don't think this is too realistic

Old
02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
DutchShamrock

Is this a trade for the sake of making a trade? Rucchin and Niemenen are going to be great in the playoffs. Once again, the only trade needed is moving a bottom 6 forward for a 6th/7th defenseman.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
Is this a trade for the sake of making a trade? Rucchin and Niemenen are going to be great in the playoffs. Once again, the only trade needed is moving a bottom 6 forward for a 6th/7th defenseman.
I'm not ready to say that Rucchin and Nieminen are are going to be great in the playoffs but I sure as heck would rather take my chances with guys who have been here all season than with anybody mentioned in this proposal. I just don't think that Gratton, Stumpel and/or Mezei are improvements.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:36 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I'm not ready to say that Rucchin and Nieminen are are going to be great in the playoffs but I sure as heck would rather take my chances with guys who have been here all season than with anybody mentioned in this proposal. I just don't think that Gratton, Stumpel and/or Mezei are improvements.
I'm ready. They have playoff history and at points have won games for their teams. Niemo will surprise alot of people. I'm not sure how many of you guys saw Calgary's run last season. His play with Nilsson was solid, tough and aggressive. Rucchin was probably the best player after Giguere when the Ducks beat the Wings during their finals run. These guys have another gear that turns on durning the second season.

And just to keep this post in line with the topic, this trade helps us in no way. Sheer poopie. Gratton uses his size about as often as Hossa does. I thought we learned to stay away from unmotivated slugs with no work ethic.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I'm ready. They have playoff history and at points have won games for their teams. Niemo will surprise alot of people. I'm not sure how many of you guys saw Calgary's run last season. His play with Nilsson was solid, tough and aggressive. Rucchin was probably the best player after Giguere when the Ducks beat the Wings during their finals run. These guys have another gear that turns on durning the second season.

And just to keep this post in line with the topic, this trade helps us in no way. Sheer poopie. Gratton uses his size about as often as Hossa does. I thought we learned to stay away from unmotivated slugs with no work ethic.

I hope you're right about Niemo and Rucchin.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:38 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:

yea last season, this season he has taken alot of penalties in the offensive zone, the playoffs, more penalties will prolly be called, I doubt he will stop taking those penalties in the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Interesting that you bring up the Panthers, if they deal Luongo they are in need of a goaltender. We have two young goaltenders, I wonder if we could offer one of them for Jay?

Old
02-24-2006, 12:44 PM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Interesting that you bring up the Panthers, if they deal Luongo they are in need of a goaltender. We have two young goaltenders, I wonder if we could offer one of them for Jay?
But that would all depend on the ridiculously large IF they trade Luongo...

Closed Thread