HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribeiro opens big fat mouth again (re: Koivu)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I dont think it should be discounted, it probably has some truth to it. However, what the hell kind of teammate is that? Thats what I call a cancer. He's proven it time and time again. Honestly, dont you see the irony of saying you're captain doesnt have leadership? By doing that, you're being even worst then him. Besides, I'll take Rivet and Gainey's word any time over Ribeiro and Dagenais.
Oh no doubt. He puts his foot in his mouth more often than Dagenais' ****. Ribeiro isn't even part of the team as far as I'm concerned and words can't begin to describe how embarassed I am to see him wear the CH.

This brings up another point. Isn't this the 3rd or 4th time Ribeiro's yapped this season? It's pretty clear that there's something wrong in the dressing room if its happened more than once. This isn't even a knock on Saku because anyone who has pride in being a member of a team should tell him to ****. If Saku doesn't intimidate him enough, I'm sure an errant Souray slapshot in practice would... if you catch my drift.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Kovy for Captain

Old
02-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Laurentides

For once, the TRUTH finally comes out. A reliable good source I have ( he made 5 Montreal Canadiens camp and is still very good friend with a current Hab) already told me that Saku is a bad captain. It took months for Saku to speak to him or even look at him (the current Hab player). Saku also instated the no-french rule in the locker room which is a non-sense considering the number of Francophones in the locker room. He told me that there is not a real leader in the locker room. 2 clicks uses to run it. Saku-Rivet-Gilmour-Souray and Dagenais-Ribeiro-Robidas-Théodore. Its suppose to be a really good thing that Dagenais got sent down. He was a *** a$$.

Anyway, I dont want Saku to leave but I want him to play harder every game and really show leadership especially off the ice. As for Ribeiro, shut up and play.....

Old
02-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentides
For once, the TRUTH finally comes out. A reliable good source I have ( he made 5 Montreal Canadiens camp and is still very good friend with a current Hab) already told me that Saku is a bad captain. It took months for Saku to speak to him or even look at him (the current Hab player). Saku also instated the no-french rule in the locker room which is a non-sense considering the number of Francophones in the locker room. He told me that there is not a real leader in the locker room. 2 clicks uses to run it. Saku-Rivet-Gilmour-Souray and Dagenais-Ribeiro-Robidas-Théodore. Its suppose to be a really good thing that Dagenais got sent down. He was a *** a$$.

Anyway, I dont want Saku to leave but I want him to play harder every game and really show leadership especially off the ice. As for Ribeiro, shut up and play.....
hmmmm

Saku-Rivet-Gilmour-Souray

or

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Robidas-Theodore

?

Which would you choose. Its like asking NHL or AHL. It really is, seriously.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Reading you guys, I definately hope that Ribeiro is signed for the next 5 years with a no trade clause or something. That'd be fun.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
hmmmm

or

?

I guess it depends on whether you prefer hockey or the circus clowns.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
the good news is this is ribieros last year in montreal. if it isnt and he is re-signed, this is the last season for me as a Canadiens fan.
Totally Agree! if this puke is resigned then I will start becoming a Full Time flames fan.
I need to cheer for a team I believe in, a team which has HEART and DESIRE as the number 1 goal for all players.
BUT, I have total faith in Mr. Gainey and he will fix this problem once for all.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:30 PM
habfan4

Quote:
hmmmm

or

?

I'd go with the group that included the team captain and assistant-captains, but I'm funny that way.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Quote:
hmmmm

or

?

Saku-Rivet-Gilmour-Souray (heart, talented, and go to war kind of guys, minus Souray in 2004, play their best hockey in the playoffs)

or

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Robidas-Theodore (Absolutely gutless and no Heart players with very limited talent) Besides Theo, save their worst hockey for the playoffs)

Old
02-24-2006, 12:32 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Ribeiro shouldn't play for the habs anymore. His little clique is the problem in the locker-room. Send Ribeiro and Theo to join Dagenais in Hamilton, they can do their mess down there.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:33 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Led them to the second round twice in the past 3 seasons. Hard to go much further with the scrubs this team has had.
Truth is, Habs have missed the playoffs 4 of the last 8 years...
I dont know many teams that keep their captain (and sign him to a 14 million contract for another 3 years) with a track record like that...

Old
02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Quiet Robert

I can't keep up! The replies are flying too fast. I say this thread goes 11 pages before it gets locked.

Man, I love these Ribs/Koivu threads, they always bring out the most irrational elements in us Hab fans.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Laurentides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyroe Habs Fan
Saku-Rivet-Gilmour-Souray (heart, talented, and go to war kind of guys, minus Souray in 2004, play their best hockey in the playoffs)

or

Dagenais-Ribeiro-Robidas-Theodore (Absolutely gutless and no Heart players with very limited talent) Besides Theo, save their worst hockey for the playoffs)
Ive never said that second group was better.....

Old
02-24-2006, 12:36 PM
oli500

Quote:

Old
02-24-2006, 12:40 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Published in French Hockey magazine Planete Hockey TODAY (Feb. 24th 2006).

Link:

http://www.planetehockey.com/no20net.pdf

1st question on page 15.

Translation:

Reporter: What do you think of your captain Saku Koivu ?

Ribeiro: Too bad is bringing more leadership to the Finnish team than to the habs... It's yours to judge, I can't say more...
If I'm a reporter I ask Saku what he thinks of Ribeiro and he should answer "Too bad he is as bad as he is, isn't he suppose to be the "French Wayne Gretzky"...seems to me he plays more like Brent Gretzky!"

Ribeiro needs a new address.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Saku also instated the no-french rule in the locker room which is a non-sense considering the number of Francophones in the locker room.
What? I'm pretty sure he can't do that.This isn't the 40's where the coach can forbid the guys to speak French on the bench.

I really doubt Koivu instituted "a no french rule." With coaches who speak french and all the french-canadians on the team, I really doubt that kind of "rule" got put in place. But hey, if it did, my respect for Saku will greatly diminish, however I really don't think he would do that.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Marksman

Good followers make good leaders, maybe theres Mikes problem.

This must be single best news I've had awhile. Obviously this means he himself sees the writings on the wall with Koivu signed long term and Plekanec doing well.

Ribs is just trying to buy some time, creating diversion like this. Cannot think any other reason initiating something like that in public. I only wish he had more class, reserving these comments until *after* he gets traded, without hurting Canadiens more, who would make fair trade for cancer like this?

Old
02-24-2006, 12:44 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
I dont know many teams that keep their captain (and sign him to a 14 million contract for another 3 years) with a track record like that...
Take a look at the Canadiens roster over that 8 year span, you might find it illuminating. Jean Béliveau <<< wouldn't have been able to get those teams into the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:45 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Saku also instated the no-french rule in the locker room which is a non-sense considering the number of Francophones in the locker room.
One team, one language as ar as I'm concerned...people speaking in different langauges may make others feel a little insecure in what they may be talking about...good call by the Captain in my opinion!

Old
02-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Marksman

One language is just simple matter of practicality - so that coaches dont have to explain everything twice and reaches everyone clear. Even if half the team were french speakers, there will still be more understanding english, so that gets be used. What is the big deal with this, its not like Koivu tried to make finnish their lockerroom language.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x
Truth is, when Saku is surrounded by good talent the team does well. Bronze in Nagano, runner up in the World Cup, and now at least 4th at the Olympics.

When he's surrounded by mediocre to poor talent, the team is mediocre to poor. That's a real head scratcher.

Old
02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Jyroe Habs Fan

Quote:
Ive never said that second group was better.....
I have never said you think that group is better either. In fact my responce has NOTHING to do with your quotes.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Habs

Quote:
Hey, say hello to Dagenais.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I can't believe that puke would say something like that. And that's saying a lot, considering there's not a whole lot of people who have less respect than I do for Ribeiro, but even then, I just can't figure out why on earth any player, no matter how dumb, no matter how he hates one of his teammates, would personally attack him in public while he's still on the team. This is beyond ******** any way you slice it. Please Bob, ship his *** far away before March 9th, I can't take it anymore.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Kafka

Wait guys, didn't he said something you haven't felt recently? For instance, remember that Carolina game were CAR was leading 3-2 after one period? During that game, only one line was playing well (Begin).... while Koivu ended the game with a total of ZERO shot, Kovalev 2 soft ones in the third period when victory was out of reach.

I may be the only one, but I think this team needs leaders who will show up every game. The only problem, is that I have only one name in mind (Bégin)... and not three. Koivu is a great inspiration, but that team hasn't played in the past months like a team lead by someone... You don't need a C or an A to be a leader.... nor you need to be "a good room leader """à la""" Rivet".

Ribeiro shouldn't have said that publicly, but I agree with his statement.

Closed Thread