HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribeiro opens big fat mouth again (re: Koivu)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Vicious

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
He seriously better be gone by the deadline .. I don't care if it's the minors or some other team but if he really said that, he can't be here.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:18 PM
KOVALEV10*

So just because Koivu had ONE bad month in 10 years he's not a great leader anymore?

Without Koivu this team would've been 15th in the conference every year. The anti Koivu fans are idiots.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Nice jersey Ribs , 'Stronger' .. bwahahahaha

Also i remember some fans from Europe saying how Ribeiro didnt care about his club Espo and didnt even look at them while Rivet was on the other side joking with everyone .

About the Superbowl he says he watched it with Kovalev and Huet ? There was someone reporting the whole team watched it together...

Old
02-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Habsaku

Funniest thing with his comments is he says players have to be fast, creative and physical to play in the NHL. I guess he would understand being sent down to the minors.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:30 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

"Ah! Cristo, ce bon vieux Cristo" ? Ribeiro wouldn't talk like that. That's just one of many quotes in this article that doesn't fit with Mike's typical comments.

What the heck is this article? My feeling tells me it's entirely made up.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
Ribeiro shouldn't have said that publicly, but I agree with his statement.
Since when does winning=good leadership? Is Joe Sakic a worse leader because he didn't win with Canada? To me a player's leadership qualities don't change from day to day. They might be less effective from team to team, or take a while to build up, but the core of a "leader's" qualities don't just change around like that. Sakic's leadership qualities didn't go from great to non-existant just because we didn't win.

To me, it doesn't make sense that Koivu would be doing anything different w/ Finland than he does w/ the Habs. I guess he speaks Finnish in the lockerroom, but other than that, I don't see why his tactics would be any different.

The real difference is in the talent. He's surrounded by a much better team and players who are playing hard and passionate hockey. This is something few players on the Habs do. The Habs are rarely responsible defensively, rarely play their hearts out and this other than José's great season, have had inconsistent goaltending for a long time. The Finns are the complete opposite, great goalies, solid, team focused defence and good pressure/effort on offence coupled with a desire to win.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Turbo

For the matter at hand, it's irrelevant whether Koivu is a good captain/leader or not.

The fact that Ribeiro aired his dirty laundry in public is a clear indication that Ribeiro is not a team player. It's his own credibility that gets tarnished here. As far as I'm concerned, he's the cancer in the dressing room because he can't handle his problems like a real man, in person with whoever bothers him.

I hope this gutless back-stabbing primadonna has his bags packed.

P.S. Before and in case anyone decides to make this a french/english issue, because there are always some that like to cop-out with those types of simple lame judgements, I would like o make the disclaimer that I am a francophone from Quebec.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Chipchura
"Ah! Cristo, ce bon vieux Cristo" ? Ribeiro wouldn't talk like that. That's just one of many quotes in this article that doesn't fit with Mike's typical comments.

What the heck is this article? My feeling tells me it's entirely made up.
I hope so... if that's the case, I'll reserve judgement on Ribeiro until the truth comes out.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo
I hope so... if that's the case, I'll reserve judgement on Ribeiro until the truth comes out.
Maybe I shouldnt have replied so much actually because reading the article, it doesnt really sound right.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
I doubt this story go out in the papers here , unless they read HFB

Props to AH who found this .

Old
02-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Guy Germaine

the link doesn't work for me.I went to the website as well, and tried to read the most recent edition of the online magazine, and it doesn't work either.
I wouldn't put much stock into this, it's not as if Planete Hockey is a well known source, actually it's not known at all!

Old
02-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Habsaku

I've just sent an email to RDS. Everyone do the same, lets make this a real controversy!

Old
02-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Haddock

This board (the Canadiens board) is pathetic.

Old
02-24-2006, 01:55 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I've just sent an email to RDS. Everyone do the same, lets make this a real controversy!
I like it. I hope Saks gets wind of this and smacks Ribeiro with his Gold Medal (hopefully).

Old
02-24-2006, 01:58 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
I like it. I hope Saks gets wind of this and smacks Ribeiro with his Gold Medal (hopefully).
EDIT: Ok I calmed down. I still hope Saku beats him up though.

Last edited by waffledave: 02-24-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old
02-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock
Whats pathetic is you have 400 posts on a board you think is pathetic.

Come on now everyone! Send them emails! We need bragging rights on this controversy!

Old
02-24-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock
Yet you're able to grace us with your 'dignified' presence

If this board is so pathetic, what does you posting in it, say about you?

Not trying to be an ***, but if it were so pathetic around here why are you taking the time to read the thread and participate in it? Wouldn't that make you even more pathetic?

Old
02-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Mont Royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo
For the matter at hand, it's irrelevant whether Koivu is a good captain/leader or not.

The fact that Ribeiro aired his dirty laundry in public is a clear indication that Ribeiro is not a team player. It's his own credibility that gets tarnished here. As far as I'm concerned, he's the cancer in the dressing room because he can't handle his problems like a real man, in person with whoever bothers him.

I hope this gutless back-stabbing primadonna has his bags packed.

P.S. Before and in case anyone decides to make this a french/english issue, because there are always some that like to cop-out with those types of simple lame judgements, I would like o make the disclaimer that I am a francophone from Quebec.
You have cut to the issue at hand with surgical precision. Bravo!

Old
02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder
You have cut to the issue at hand with surgical precision. Bravo!
How is it that nobody has taken your username before? That's crazy!

Old
02-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Guy Caballero

Ribs is, and always has been, an embarrassment for Habs fans. I will love the Canadiens no matter what, but I will love them all the more when this punk is off the team. The great Habs have always been proud but humble. This idiot sucks wind 75% of the time he’s on the ice, yet he shoots his mouth off constantly, thinking what he has to say is important.

The sooner you trade him, the better, Bob.

Old
02-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
How is it that nobody has taken your username before? That's crazy!
I was thinking the same thing!

Welcome to the board, Ryder.

And good luck on reaching those 30 goals, we're rooting for you!

Old
02-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10
So just because Koivu had ONE bad month in 10 years he's not a great leader anymore?

Without Koivu this team would've been 15th in the conference every year. The anti Koivu fans are idiots.
I would actually think that it is because of Koivu that we are doing so bad. Would it have been from Koivu we would have been able to pick the likes of Lecavalier/Kovalchuck/Overchkin... and we could be a better team by now!

Old
02-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Miller Time

THe article does read a little funny, but having played pro sports in France and seen my words in print, I can tell you that french sports writers like to embelish things and try to give their articles a poetic feel to them....
That being said, they do stick to what was said, and from my experience, I would bet that the comment re Koivu was what Ribeiro implied (if not outright stated).

In any event, I hope he's gone ASAP. Ideally he gets dealt before the deadline, otherwise I really don't see Gainey bringing him back.

I was a strong Ribeiro fan when he was younger, and supported him despite early struggles. I soured on him in the last year or so (just when he started to put up points, the only thing he was ever really expected to do) because he quite frankly does not possess the qualities of a winner.
He mentions in the article that he's like to add some strenght to make his game more effective... well he's been saying that for 4 years now, and obviously has not been willing to put in the off season work to actually get results.
Look around the league and you will see lot's of young players who bust their *** in the off season and come back stronger/faster and thus better players.
Staal, Spezza, the Sedin twins, all young players with way more talent than ribs but who commited to training their ***** off to get even better... Ribs, he seems content to live off what he has, which is fine, I just don't want that kind of player wearing the bleu-blanc-rouge!

Old
02-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Habsaku

Bonjour monsieur,

Merci de visiter le RDS.ca. Nous avons donné l'information à notre
journaliste affecté à la couveture du hockey.

Merci.

L'équipe du RDS.ca

MUAHAHA, let the controversy begin!

Old
02-24-2006, 02:26 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Bonjour monsieur,

Merci de visiter le RDS.ca. Nous avons donné l'information à notre
journaliste affecté à la couveture du hockey.

Merci.

L'équipe du RDS.ca

MUAHAHA, let the controversy begin!

Closed Thread