HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Theodore joins Habs community!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2003, 01:48 PM
  #1
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
New Theodore joins Habs community!!

Yesterday my roommate and I just got a kitten. We've decided to name him after my favourite goalie. It's funny because when he starts to know his name a little more he's going to get confused on Saturday nights when he hears his name come from the tv. Here are some pictures of the seven-week old.

PS - Does anyone know a good way to discipline him from bitting finger and X-box cords?!?

theo6060 is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 01:57 PM
  #2
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
damn your cat is pretty nice. mine looked like it.

I also find the idea of naming him theodore funny

Rahan is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 02:02 PM
  #3
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
damn your cat is pretty nice. mine looked like it.

I also find the idea of naming him theodore funny
I think the name suits him too! Lots of people have liked his name after we tell them what his name is. Although I'm sure that living in leaf country there'll be a few exceptions to the liking of his name there's already been one so far!

theo6060 is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 05:48 PM
  #4
Boutmania
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dude, where's my home...
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Boutmania Send a message via Yahoo to Boutmania
The second pic is great

Boutmania is offline  
Old
10-19-2003, 07:27 PM
  #5
nic29+
Registered User
 
nic29+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,712
vCash: 500
Fill a spray bottle full of water and whenever you see him going after your xbox cords shout him with the water. It'll only take a few times and he'll quit.

nic29+ is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 06:10 AM
  #6
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Another good way to get a cat (kitten) to stop bitting cords is to rub the cords with Tabasco sauce or Vaseline. After biting the cord once, the kitten will learn. Seems mean, but it works.

Darz is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 06:34 AM
  #7
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Another good way to get a cat (kitten) to stop bitting cords is to rub the cords with Tabasco sauce or Vaseline. After biting the cord once, the kitten will learn. Seems mean, but it works.
Yeah, but it's more fun to shoot them with water, like Nic30 says. It's also very effective.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 06:51 AM
  #8
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Yeah, but it's more fun to shoot them with water, like Nic30 says. It's also very effective.
Hmmmmm..........maybe combine the two and shoot them with Tabasco sauce. Now that's fun AND mean!!!!!!

Darz is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 09:49 AM
  #9
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Hmmn, tabasco sauce, it's nearly 2 o clock, time to make a drink.

How long before Johnny V makes the connection between Theo the kitten and alluding to him as a p.... Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of this.

mcphee is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 09:51 AM
  #10
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!
 
gunnerdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
My damn rabbit bit the cord on my xbox controller! Damn you Rabbit!!!!!

gunnerdom is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:03 AM
  #11
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
I punch my cat when I want him to learn something, they hate getting punched on the side of their face. Of course I don't mean a hard one, just go with a solid one that'll give him a bit of pain.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:23 AM
  #12
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Isn't that the eternal question ? How hard should you punch a cat ?

mcphee is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:25 AM
  #13
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
How long before Johnny V makes the connection between Theo the kitten and alluding to him as a p.... Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of this.
actually I don't think JOHNNY V would of been smart enough to make that connection, but now that you spelled it out for him!

Alluding to him as a potato, right???????

Darz is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:32 AM
  #14
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
A potato ?

Of course, you all know how to make a cat bark like a dog?

Pour some gasoline on the cat and throw a lit match on it. The cat will go "Woof". (sick, I know, but it also works on Bruins' fans).

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:34 AM
  #15
Brisebois
Registered User
 
Brisebois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Feeding Johan Sedin
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Kerberos is the cat pro on these boards

Brisebois is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 10:54 AM
  #16
danboulie
Registered User
 
danboulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Yesterday my roommate and I just got a kitten. We've decided to name him after my favourite goalie. It's funny because when he starts to know his name a little more he's going to get confused on Saturday nights when he hears his name come from the tv. Here are some pictures of the seven-week old.

PS - Does anyone know a good way to discipline him from bitting finger and X-box cords?!?
Thats one cute cat!
I looked at the second picture, and i realized we both have the exact same mousepad!

To keep them from biting things, pooping on the floor, whatever, you can take a little lemon juice in a syringe (not the needle type, the all plastic kind) and squirt a bit in his/her mouth when they do something you don't want them to.

danboulie is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 11:02 AM
  #17
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
Thats one cute cat!
I looked at the second picture, and i realized we both have the exact same mousepad!

To keep them from biting things, pooping on the floor, whatever, you can take a little lemon juice in a syringe (not the needle type, the all plastic kind) and squirt a bit in his/her mouth when they do something you don't want them to.
Nice, I figured they probably made a bunch of these mousepads. I wanted him to have a picture of something with the CH since his name is Theodore and because I had to use the webcam the mousepad was the easiest to use.

Thanks to everyone who's been giving advice about the Xbox controller, I just unhooked it and put it away for the time being. I think he's just getting his teeth in so that might be why he's bitting everything.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 11:02 AM
  #18
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Well, so far we have :
Shoot them
Poison them
Burn them
Punch them

Hmm, I wonder if you can hang them ?

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 11:38 AM
  #19
danboulie
Registered User
 
danboulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Well, so far we have :
Shoot them
Poison them
Burn them
Punch them

Hmm, I wonder if you can hang them ?

Well if you hang them that'll be 5 lives, so we now need 4 more methods.

danboulie is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 11:48 AM
  #20
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
Well if you hang them that'll be 5 lives, so we now need 4 more methods.

Only four more ?
1. Toaster oven
2. Baseball bat
3. toilet bowl
4. "swing the cat by the tail"

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 11:55 AM
  #21
danboulie
Registered User
 
danboulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Only four more ?
1. Toaster oven
2. Baseball bat
3. toilet bowl
4. "swing the cat by the tail"
Speaking of swinging the cat by the tail, I have a little video on my computer of a string hanging off a ceiling fan. A cat's watching the string go around, then it jumps at the string, get's caught by it's paw, and flies around the room before being flung off the fan into a wall.
I can't remember where i got it, or i'd post a link to it.

danboulie is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 12:22 PM
  #22
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
Speaking of swinging the cat by the tail, I have a little video on my computer of a string hanging off a ceiling fan. A cat's watching the string go around, then it jumps at the string, get's caught by it's paw, and flies around the room before being flung off the fan into a wall.
I can't remember where i got it, or i'd post a link to it.
Saw that, it's hilarious. My g/f, OTOH, didn't appreciate it as much. On the tape, you can hear someone yell, "STop the fan, stop the fan". Priceless. Since then, oh how I've tried putting little strings ont the ceiling fan, but it hasn't worked yet. (we've got 4 cats at home, none named Theo).

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
10-20-2003, 01:27 PM
  #23
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
Speaking of swinging the cat by the tail, I have a little video on my computer of a string hanging off a ceiling fan. A cat's watching the string go around, then it jumps at the string, get's caught by it's paw, and flies around the room before being flung off the fan into a wall.
I can't remember where i got it, or i'd post a link to it.
I saw that. That was so funny I had tears when I watched it.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
10-24-2003, 07:34 PM
  #24
Kerberos*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
Kerberos is the cat pro on these boards
Not anymore

  Kerberos* is offline  
Old
10-25-2003, 07:48 AM
  #25
kruk
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I used to have the same problem with my cat and my Xbox controller.

I was informed that indeed Tabasco sauce will work, even for a rabbit. When the tobasco sauce dry's up on your cord, what makes it spicy will stay on the cord once dry up. The cat shouldn't go back on it.

However the best way is to put your controllers away once your done. Since they usualy don't touch it when your playing. I lost 3 big controllers to my cat. My last one I bought and two days later I forgot to put it away when I went to work and my cat had a good 8 hours of chewing to do. When I came back the cord was a mess. So from now on I put them away and never had another problem.

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.