HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone heard anything about this?

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
One would have to think that Omsk is at least going to make a play for him. Whether or not he bites, who knows. But generally speaking, he probably can get more money over there, non? Compared to $800k or so if he's qualified here (and losing half of that on taxes), the up-and-down season he has had, his general slowness at learning the language and fitting in, the bad impression he must have lingering from the whole AHL suspension incident, etc... heck, if I was him, I'd sure consider go back home! I won't blame him in the least bit if he makes that call. Less money, more crap here...
He also has to look at it long term though. Even if he only becomes a 2nd line 25g / year type of player in the NHL he'll likely make more than he would in Russia, to then hit the jackpot as a UFA. I'm sure he could get more playing for Omsk next year, but over a career? I don't think so. That is if he pans out of course. If he was to have two more bad seasons in NA, scoring very sporadically and not adapting to his environment, then going back home would probably be a serious and valid consideration. But now? That would be quite premature if you ask me.

Old
02-27-2006, 08:40 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
He also has to look at it long term though. Even if he only becomes a 2nd line 25g / year type of player in the NHL he'll likely make more than he would in Russia, to then hit the jackpot as a UFA. I'm sure he could get more playing for Omsk next year, but over a career? I don't think so. That is if he pans out of course. If he was to have two more bad seasons in NA, scoring very sporadically and not adapting to his environment, then going back home would probably be a serious and valid consideration. But now? That would be quite premature if you ask me.
More and more, as the RSL grows in terms of available $, guys can ask themselves where they're going to be happy. It's not like the old days where we assumed everyone wanted to defect and escape tyranny. I don't know the lifestyle these guys can live in their countries, but I think it'll be a major consideration on how the NHL stocks itself with players over the next period of time.

Old
02-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
More and more, as the RSL grows in terms of available $, guys can ask themselves where they're going to be happy. It's not like the old days where we assumed everyone wanted to defect and escape tyranny. I don't know the lifestyle these guys can live in their countries, but I think it'll be a major consideration on how the NHL stocks itself with players over the next period of time.
Surely, and I'm not simplistically assuming every player in the world just dreams to play in the NHL, nor that money is the only factor to determine where they'll play, but the timing would seem odd for Perezhogin.

I could understand a player having a very hard time playing in NA over a prolonged period of time (Chistov) deciding to go back home. I could also understand a drafted player never wanting to come over. But Perezhogin had played here prior to this season and knew the North American game, he expressed a desire to play in the NHL and for the Habs over the summer, so it would seem very weird for him to do a 180° on his decision just because he's had one up and down season as a rookie.

He couldn't seriously expect to rack the points in his rookie season and hit the jackpot as soon as next year could he? And despite all the trouble he's gone through this year, he still has the opportunity to solidify a top-6 role by the end of the year. Unless he's truly unhappy as a person playing in Montreal, I really don't see why he'd give up on his NHL career which seemed to be his priority up to now.

Old
02-27-2006, 09:40 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ark1
With the way he was treated in Montreal this year by the management, I wouldn't be surprised if he went to play there for free.
montreal treated perezhogin with class. They were behind him 100% with the stick incident. I could care less if perezhogin leaves. It just means that he dosent have a big work ethic because some one who has a work ethic would work hard to steal some one a spot. If he leaves it just means he wasent ready to work hard to earn his spot in montreal.

Old
02-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Medicine Twin

Maybe it's just a negotiating strategy. Kinda soon in his career to be using it but it's still quite possible.

Old
02-27-2006, 10:47 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I could understand a player having a very hard time playing in NA over a prolonged period of time (Chistov) deciding to go back home.
Just wanted to add that Chistov will come back in NHL if the Ducks still want him, if it's not next year, it will be the year after

Old
02-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

it just sounds like a scare tactic to me. Threatning to go back home on your contract year is nothing new.

Even the best players like Lidstrom have pulled these kinds of stunts before only to eventually sign back in the NHL.

I'm not overly worried.

Old
02-27-2006, 12:30 PM
hab-it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
it just sounds like a scare tactic to me. Threatning to go back home on your contract year is nothing new.

Even the best players like Lidstrom have pulled these kinds of stunts before only to eventually sign back in the NHL.

I'm not overly worried.
We don't even know if this story is true. Markov was reported to have signed a contract with Moscow with no NHL excape clause, and it was confirmed by their president. How valid did that turn out?

Do we even know if Perez went to Russia for his break?

Old
02-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Habsaku

I dont believe it at all. They said the same about Markov and he was the definition of homesick.

Old
02-27-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I dont believe it at all. They said the same about Markov and he was the definition of homesick.
Me either...bull**** is what I call

Old
02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
ti-vite

Who is his agent?

Old
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite
Who is his agent?
Don Meehan

Old
02-28-2006, 09:37 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
Don Meehan

. god I hate don mehan. if we need to trade a 1st year player to get better, let it be perezhogin. I personaly hate don mehan. As soon as perezhogin is going to have a great year for us hes going to cost us an arm an leg during negociation. Don is going to ask for the max during his next contract. I have nothing againts perez but I personaly think gainey should stay away from players who's agent is don meehan.

Old
02-28-2006, 09:48 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
. god I hate don mehan. if we need to trade a 1st year player to get better, let it be perezhogin. I personaly hate don mehan. As soon as perezhogin is going to have a great year for us hes going to cost us an arm an leg during negociation. Don is going to ask for the max during his next contract. I have nothing againts perez but I personaly think gainey should stay away from players who's agent is don meehan.
OK,I'll bite. Why ?

Old
02-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Ovechkin and Phaneuf have the same agent.

Old
02-28-2006, 10:38 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
Ovechkin and Phaneuf have the same agent.
If phaneuf's agent is meehan phaneuf will not last more than 3 years as a flame. Meehan is probably the agent who has the most overpaid players.

Old
02-28-2006, 10:39 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
OK,I'll bite. Why ?
Because don meehan is one of the agents who has the most overpaid players in the nhl. He allways plays hardball with gm's too.

Old
02-28-2006, 10:41 AM
frolov_kovalev*

Perezhogin, if you read this, please STAY!!

Old
02-28-2006, 10:45 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Because don meehan is one of the agents who has the most overpaid players in the nhl. He allways plays hardball with gm's too.
I've heard talk of him being one of the more respected agents in the game, from all sides. Then again, he's never offerred to represent me. Anyone who would has achieved their status thru correspondence.

Old
02-28-2006, 10:52 AM
katodelder

trade him, trade him, trade him

Old
03-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Tatay Farlo

Sorry to bump this, but has anyone heard anything further on this? Did this truly happen or just a rumor?

Old
03-02-2006, 10:52 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katodelder
trade him, trade him, trade him

Old
03-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
well if thats what he wants thats what he will get
good bye and dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out
start drafting north americans please

Old
03-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Tatay Farlo

Anyone with any more info>?

Old
03-04-2006, 06:02 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

on Avangard Omsk official web site, they said that he got back to Omsk to settles personal stuff and that he talking with Avangard Omsk's president for a couple of hours about his 3-years NHL contract will end this year

they don't officially said they were talking about him going their next year,
the journalist ask him if the talk he had result of an contract offer and accepted him. Perezhogin answered the everything is possible, including this but that right now he is serving his current contract with the Habs

Perezhogin also said that if he goes back in Russia, not saying next year, it's only with Avangard Omsk, it's not really clear for that part, but it look like he said that isn't going back in AHL next year

Closed Thread