HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

The Official Wild Trade Deadline headquarters...

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2006, 10:50 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

vCash: 500
The Official Wild Trade Deadline headquarters...

all rumors, proposals, etc. can and should go here.

Here is a list of prospective tradebait, in my opinion:
Roloson
Fernandez
Kuba
Zyuzin
Tqarnvist
Dupuis
Daigle (lol!)

Of courses there are some prospects, picks, etc. to be had too

I've heard names like Todd White, Wes Walz, and Gaborik get thrown around, but I'm not gonna put much weight into them.

What are our holes, specifically what do we need for that playoff push, and ultimately the future of the Wild?

Old
02-26-2006, 10:51 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article6293.html

"Minnesota They currently sit tenth, but the teams in eighth, ninth, and eleventh all have more games left than they do. I think in the end the Wild will be sellers, with Dwayne Roloson on his way out. A team like Edmonton needs a goalie, and it would be just like the Oilers to take a Roloson for a cheap price than a Biron for an expensive one. Randy Robitaille and Todd White are expendable. The Wild are also not happy with the play of Alexandre Daigle, so he could be dealt."

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/rumors.html

"Wild seeking scoring
TheFourthPeriod.com

The Wild are in the market for some scoring punch and have been scouting Eastern Conference teams in hopes of finding it, reports the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.

Wild GM Doug Risebrough is conducting trade talks at the GM meetings in Las Vegas, while his pro scouting staff has been scouting the Islanders and Lightning.

The Star-Tribune hints the Islanders might deal Mark Parrish, who is due to become a free agent this summer and said in December that he's interested in signing with the Wild.

The Lightning, meanwhile, has two needs the Wild conveniently could fill a goaltender and a defenseman.

Wild goalies Manny Fernandez and Dwayne Roloson and defensemen Filip Kuba, Willie Mitchell, Andrei Zyuzin and Daniel Tjarnqvist are all free-agents-to-be and all believed to be available for trade.

According to the Star-Tribune, Tampa Bay forwards Fredrik Modin, Ruslan Fedotenko and Martin St. Louis can be had for the right price.

Lightning scout Dave Heitz has scouted several Wild games and was at Tuesday's game."

Old
02-26-2006, 10:58 PM
muffin with tentacle

vCash: 883
I would love to see Roloson or Fernandez moved to Ottawa to back up Hasek and hopefully become our starter next season. Rumors have been leaning more towards us acquiring Toskala, though.

Old
02-26-2006, 11:00 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Schaefer
I would love to see Roloson or Fernandez moved to Ottawa to back up Hasek and hopefully become our starter next season. Rumors have been leaning more towards us acquiring Toskala, though.

you're becomin a regular here, lol

from all accounts, I've heard SJ is leaning towards resigning Toskala

Roloson for Pothier?

Old
02-26-2006, 11:01 PM
muffin with tentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
Roloson for Pothier?
Good God, yes.

Old
02-26-2006, 11:07 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Good God, yes.

no hesitation, eh?

Its funny, Roloson's value has ebbed and flowed all year, he doesnt do anything over the olympics except vacation, and his value is pretty freaking high now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Pothier will do really well if he saw more time than the 5-6 spot he's in

Old
02-26-2006, 11:11 PM
muffin with tentacle

Quote:
no hesitation, eh?

Its funny, Roloson's value has ebbed and flowed all year, he doesnt do anything over the olympics except vacation, and his value is pretty freaking high now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Pothier will do really well if he saw more time than the 5-6 spot he's in
Pothier is the the goat in Ottawa. Every team has one. You know, the guy blamed for every loss who gets included in every trade proposal as a throw-in. He gets a lot or time in Ottawa, actually, he's on the second PP unit. He just... you know... gives the puck away and ices the puck a lot. I do think people give him sort of a hard time, but I'd do him for Roloson in a heartbeat. My only concern is that after our very solid top-5 (Reds, Zdeno, Phillips, Volchenkov, Mez) we've only got Pothier and Schubert. Schubert's been OK as a forward this year, but I cringe when he plays D.

Pothier for Rolie in a heartbeat...

Old
02-26-2006, 11:17 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Pothier is the the goat in Ottawa. Every team has one. You know, the guy blamed for every loss who gets included in every trade proposal as a throw-in. He gets a lot or time in Ottawa, actually, he's on the second PP unit. He just... you know... gives the puck away and ices the puck a lot. I do think people give him sort of a hard time, but I'd do him for Roloson in a heartbeat. My only concern is that after our very solid top-5 (Reds, Zdeno, Phillips, Volchenkov, Mez) we've only got Pothier and Schubert. Schubert's been OK as a forward this year, but I cringe when he plays D.

Pothier for Rolie in a heartbeat...

I think some time in the Lemaire system would do him well, and his right handed shot would be nice on the PP.

Well, if you're in need of depth defensemen if you get rid of Pothier...we got tqarnvist, zyuzin...let's make a deal!

Old
02-26-2006, 11:21 PM
muffin with tentacle

Quote:
I think some time in the Lemaire system would do him well, and his right handed shot would be nice on the PP.

Well, if you're in need of depth defensemen if you get rid of Pothier...we got tqarnvist, zyuzin...let's make a deal!
Was Zyuzin the guy who scored on his own net twice in one game? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Old
02-26-2006, 11:25 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Was Zyuzin the guy who scored on his own net twice in one game? Or am I thinking of someone else.

I have no idea, but frankly I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

He is actually kind of a lot like Pothier, come to think of it...the goat, his inconsistency drives the folk

Old
02-26-2006, 11:26 PM
muffin with tentacle

Quote:
I have no idea, but frankly I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

He is actually kind of a lot like Pothier, come to think of it...the goat, his inconsistency drives the folk
He has a cooler name, so I'd have to consider it. Though Pothier's got a cool nickname (Pothead).

Old
02-26-2006, 11:27 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
He has a cooler name, so I'd have to consider it. Though Pothier's got a cool nickname (Pothead).

we got a prospect by the name of Clayton Stoner, I can see the trend starting...

*passes the dutchie on the left hand side*

Old
02-26-2006, 11:36 PM
muffin with tentacle

Quote:
we got a prospect by the name of Clayton Stoner, I can see the trend starting...

*passes the dutchie on the left hand side*
I hear Berard and Ozolinsh are on the block...

Old
02-27-2006, 12:23 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Martin St. Louis would be an idiotic move to make...He's getting way too much money. Is there something like Tampa Bay taking on a percentage of his money?

Old
02-27-2006, 06:34 AM
ceber

I think the CBA doesn't allow any % of salary deals.

Old
02-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
The Wild may surprise us - they certainly have enough bodies that they could move at any position, goal, defense, or forward, and clear out the pressbox a bit on game nights. Of course the UFAs to be are at the top of the list, but character guys like Walz, with his defense, hustle and pk ability, or Chouinard(i know, he's a ufa to be), with his face off prowess, might generate some interest from a contender. The returns on guys like this might be interesting.

I guess I see the Wild as still being sellers rather than shoppers.

My ideal scenario for next next season - The Wild trade Roloson, Walz, and Kuba for picks/prospects, but sign a stud d-man and a guy like Parrish, and resign Mitchell and Fernandez. Add O'Sullivan, Harding. That would be a better team than this year's team, and younger as well, with a farm system that would be rich enough to add players this time next season when the Wild are making the playoffs and looking to pad their roster for the playoffs.

Old
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
I think the CBA doesn't allow any % of salary deals.
Correct. You could, however, make a trade where you agree to eat a contract from another team.

Old
02-27-2006, 09:11 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Correct. You could, however, make a trade where you agree to eat a contract from another team.

and St. Louis' contract is a mouthful

Old
02-27-2006, 09:13 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman
The Wild may surprise us - they certainly have enough bodies that they could move at any position, goal, defense, or forward, and clear out the pressbox a bit on game nights. Of course the UFAs to be are at the top of the list, but character guys like Walz, with his defense, hustle and pk ability, or Chouinard(i know, he's a ufa to be), with his face off prowess, might generate some interest from a contender. The returns on guys like this might be interesting.

I guess I see the Wild as still being sellers rather than shoppers.

My ideal scenario for next next season - The Wild trade Roloson, Walz, and Kuba for picks/prospects, but sign a stud d-man and a guy like Parrish, and resign Mitchell and Fernandez. Add O'Sullivan, Harding. That would be a better team than this year's team, and younger as well, with a farm system that would be rich enough to add players this time next season when the Wild are making the playoffs and looking to pad their roster for the playoffs.

I am in the firm belief that we keep wes walz until he retires. Shut down forwards like him dont come along every day, and he is in great shape- he has easily another 2-3 years left.

Old
02-28-2006, 12:05 AM
vitogor

I think one of Walz or Chouinard will be gone, the emergence of Mikko makes one of them expandable. Tough choice if you ask me. Chouinard is a premier faceoff guy, plus he is younger. Walz is JL's loyal guard dog. I'm 50/50 on who I want to stay.

Old
02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
mncdn

I can't take it anymore. I want to see a trade now. I read that there won't be any thought of a move with the WIld until late next week. ARGH!!!!

Trade Roloson already.

Old
02-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
I think one of Walz or Chouinard will be gone, the emergence of Mikko makes one of them expandable. Tough choice if you ask me. Chouinard is a premier faceoff guy, plus he is younger. Walz is JL's loyal guard dog. I'm 50/50 on who I want to stay.
As a personal preference, I'd like to see Walz stay. Better skater, great defensively. But you're right: Chouinard is much better at faceoffs, and is younger and cheaper.

Probably can't go wrong either way, because offensively they are basically the same.

Old
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
Better skater, great defensively. But you're right: Chouinard is much better at faceoffs, and is younger and cheaper.

Probably can't go wrong either way, because offensively they are basically the same.
Uhmm......WHAT?

Old
03-01-2006, 12:05 PM
theoil

So what kind of return are Wild fans looking for for either of your goalies? As you might have heard we are a little desperate up here in Edmonton.

Old
03-01-2006, 12:19 PM
cyrisweb

The wild are in tough.. 5 points behind the 8th place team Edmonton. But Edmonton has 2 games in hand while the 9th place team Anaheim has 3 games in hand and also only 3 points out of 8th.

The next 3 games here will deterimine if the Wild become full fledged sellers... or if they hold onto what they have and make a run at the playoffs. It's all so damn close! this is going to go right down to the deadline.

I think Pheonix is all but done.. and will bow out of the playoff race. But now that I look at San Jose.. they are 1 point up on the Wild but they too have 3 games in hand. The Wild are in tough. I hate to say it as I really don't have anything against the Wild.

Closed Thread