HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice 02/27

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2006, 12:20 PM
X0ssbar

vCash: 500
Practice 02/27

Seeing how I had a terrible weekend (flu bug from hell) -- myself and a fellow CBJ season ticket holder/co-worker decided to head on down to the Dispatch Ice Haus to take in some of today's practice -- some notes:

- Gallant had the boys skating hard. A lot of drills (5 on 3, 4 on 3 etc) and a small scrimmage. No PP practice though

- Rupp was skating hard. Blais had him going through a lot of skating drills I would assume to really test the broken foot. He had some extra padding on around the foot. He looked really good IMO.

- No Foote/Nash/Vyborny. Obviously have been given some time off. Suchy was there and right back into it though

- Feds and Z are connected at the hip. Watching practice you can definitely see how the chemistry is building between the two. When Feds left the ice..so did Z. Feds also gave Z a friendly drubbing after he missed a chance...Z laughed it off.

- Shelley is the hardest worker in practice.

- Leclaire was the last guy on the ice and helped Blais/Murphy pick up the pucks. He also looked very sharp and didn't show any signs of his previous injury.

- It looked like Feds may have tweaked something as he was really stretching out his groin mid-way through practice. He continued to skate and skate hard though so hopefully it was nothing.

- The Letowski/Manny/Chimera line was together and skating well. Chimera is definitely the class clown of practice and keeps things loose out there at the right times.

- Dean Blais has a nice shot for an old timer.

- MacLean, Rimer, Davidge, Mathews were all in the stands during practice.

- Duvie is also a very hard worker in practice. Did a lot of skating drills at own accord. Richardson and Rupp also worked a lot on skating - short sprints, etc.

All n all it looked like the boys got a good skate in. I would have liked to have seen more time spent on the PP and PK. Also interesting how they have the ice from 10:30 to 1 p.m. but outside of PL picking up pucks everyone was gone by noon. In fact most of the hard skating was over by 11:30 and the last half hour was more like an open ice session where players picked what part of their games to work on.

Last edited by X0ssbar: 02-27-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old
02-27-2006, 12:31 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Nice work Shelfie.

Old
02-27-2006, 12:52 PM
DougKnowsBest

awesome shelf, to bad you cant get paid every day to go watch practice.

(when I say this im picturing the scene in silence of the lambs, when hannible is in the mask, in the hanger, with the senator who daughter B.B. had kidnapped)

oh and just one more thing dru, love the avi.

Old
02-27-2006, 01:07 PM
futurcorerock

I love you, Shelfie

2nd props on the avy, Dru... I'm quietly waiting for another inspiration for an avy.

Hopefully come trade deadline time, some aarogant fan from the mains will drop in and help me draw assocation between fan and team.

Habs
Crosby/Pens
Oilers

Old
02-27-2006, 01:12 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest
awesome shelf, to bad you cant get paid every day to go watch practice.
Funny you bring that up... I was saying the same thing today to my buddy as I looked up and saw GMDM and the radio/tv guys just kicking back watching the squad on a Monday afternoon.....thinking - man, to do this and get paid!

Then I thought...were in the fug are our newspaper guys at? I guess techinally they could have been there as I know clue what they look like....but judging by their reporting history -- not likely.

edit: Nice avy Dru - per usual!!

Last edited by X0ssbar: 02-27-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old
02-27-2006, 01:28 PM
DougKnowsBest

portzline is kinda tall, kinda fat, wears glasses, dark short hair, kinda goofy lookin, basicaly your typical sports writer.

Old
02-28-2006, 12:04 AM
CBJ 97 61 16

I went to the practice last friday. I jus had a question for ya. Did you notice the mouth that Hanisey has on him? Man, it seems like every other word out of his mouth began with an F or S. He had me and my g/f laughin so hard. I didn't really see Chimera actin out or goofin with anyone. The only one I noticed was Hainsey. Zherdev was also very chatty with Feds the whole time, and I never saw Federov without Zherdev, but that's a pretty good thing. The passes looked sharp, the D looked in position, and the goaltending battle looks ready to resume, this should get interesting.

Old
02-28-2006, 07:06 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ_44_61_13
I went to the practice last friday. I jus had a question for ya. Did you notice the mouth that Hanisey has on him? Man, it seems like every other word out of his mouth began with an F or S. He had me and my g/f laughin so hard. I didn't really see Chimera actin out or goofin with anyone. The only one I noticed was Hainsey. Zherdev was also very chatty with Feds the whole time, and I never saw Federov without Zherdev, but that's a pretty good thing. The passes looked sharp, the D looked in position, and the goaltending battle looks ready to resume, this should get interesting.
Didn't think much of it at the time but I did notice Hainsey droppin the fbomb one time that I recall - will have to watch that more closely next time as I'm sure it was entertaining. He did look good out there though.

Yeah..as far as Chimera...he kept things real loose out there - at least yesterday....an extra friendly bump to Westcott after the play was over...as he made his way over to stretch at center ice towards the end of practice he dropped to his knees and slid through the circle doing a 360 along the way...stuff like that..thought it added a nice element to the practice. Even though the guys are millionaires and need to take their job seriously they've got to still have some fun out there -- afterall at the end of the day it's still just a game.

Old
02-28-2006, 07:54 AM
PenaltyShots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru
Nice work Shelfie.
Yes, Top Shelf; what he said...

In addition, we should quit our jobs, pool our individual talents and start scouting for the CBJ. IMO, much of the insight on this board out performs that of the staffs of more than a few NHL teams.

Keep up the good work.

Closed Thread