HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

More names in Comrie rumour/proposal/BS

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 05:50 PM
HOZ

vCash: 500
More names in Comrie rumour/proposal/BS

These are the names in the deal. There may be more may be less may be just talk I may be full of it...

Anyways more ont he Comrie for Sutherby proposal I posted before.

Comire
Smith
????
for

Sutherby
Eminger
????

Oilers get younger and more potential and Washington supposedly sets itself up to trade Gonchar and Lang when Nylander returns from injury.

Old
10-26-2003, 05:58 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I wouldn't touch that if I was Washington.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:04 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
These are the names in the deal. There may be more may be less may be just talk I may be full of it...

Anyways more ont he Comrie for Sutherby proposal I posted before.

Comire
Smith
????
for

Sutherby
Eminger
????

Oilers get younger and more potential and Washington supposedly sets itself up to trade Gonchar and Lang when Nylander returns from injury.
Is that from the same source as last time? r they working/getting closer on a deal?

Old
10-26-2003, 06:31 PM
Cerebral

Why would we want Sutherby? Isn't he almost a carbon-copy of Stoll but slightly bigger and nastier? I don't see any reason why we'd trade a big goalscorer for another thirdline defensive center..

Old
10-26-2003, 06:48 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Both teams aren't interest. We shoot ourselves in the foot for this season, and the Caps lose all their good youht.

Old
10-26-2003, 06:57 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Both teams aren't interest. We shoot ourselves in the foot for this season, and the Caps lose all their good youht.
your right comrie is a 36 year old pedafile...not youthful at all...the caps still have people like Semin, Ouellet, and Johansson...

Old
10-26-2003, 07:28 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Why would we want Sutherby? Isn't he almost a carbon-copy of Stoll but slightly bigger and nastier? I don't see any reason why we'd trade a big goalscorer for another thirdline defensive center..
I wouldn't say carbon copy I think he is better than Stoll and if u haven't noticed this is exactly the kinda player MacT loves dependable two-way work horse centers. We have room for him we have two natural Lw'ers playing center (usually) we can fit him into the line-up

York-Smyth-Hemsky
Isbister-Sutherby-Dvorak
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Stoll-Laraque

Brewer-Semenov
Staios-Eminger(Eminger is exactly the kind of d-man we want)
Bergeron-Cross
(With additions like Greene,Lynch,Mikhnov,Niinimaki, and Pouliot we will have an exceptionally big and mean/tough team)

We would more than likely trade Horcoff for a pick, move Smyth to Lw when Niinimaki comes in and trade Reasoner when Pouliot comes in. If this trade went through I positively asure u we will suck some serious A$$ this year. On the bright side I would say it would probably make us one of the 8 best teams in the league post CBA(fits into what I think Lowe is trying to make our team into) provided r guy develop properly during the more than likely hold-out. Some people say Sutherby can develop into one of the best defensive centers with some goal scoring touch in the league like a Peca,Madden,Ricci type those kind of players can make a franchise, thats just a little over-hyping probably more than likely just a better Dave Scatchard which is nothing to sneeze at. I don't like the trade in terms of value+scrapping this season(if it wasn't 25th aniversary I would love it just hoping to make a push this year(kinda silly I know)), although we have no idea what be added to balance the final trade it would really benefit us in the future I am not gung-ho about this idea but by no means would I be screaming out bloody murder.

Old
10-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Some people say Sutherby can develop into one of the best defensive centers with some goal scoring touch in the league like a Peca,Madden,Ricci type those kind of players can make a franchise, thats just a little over-hyping probably more than likely just a better Dave Scatchard which is nothing to sneeze at.
Most of the scouting reports I've read on him (granted, not many) have said he lacks the scoring touch to find a place on the top two lines.. I like the words "gritty" and "strong two-way game" but I feel we need a scoring centerman to replace Comrie, not another defensive center. Even if we move Horcoff, we'll still have Reasoner/Stoll up the middle in a couple years.. Sutherby might turn out decent but we should work to strengthen our many weaknesses, not our strengths. It is questionable whether Pouliot or Niinimaki will even turn out at the NHL level (I certainly hope they both do) and I definitely don't want every NHL ready center on our team in a few years being of the third-line mould..

Old
10-26-2003, 07:54 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
I wouldn't touch that if I was Washington.
They are trying to off load contracts. Jagr is impossible but Gonchar and Lang are easily moved. If they do this trade they can start looking at moving Lang and Gonchar more seriously.

If they don't do that and Nylander is healthy, Sutherby drops off the roster to the farm

Lang
Nylander
Halpern
Kip Miller
Sutherby...who is playing LW right now...IB

Those two will bring back more than what they lose to Edmonton....

supposedly.

Old
10-26-2003, 07:57 PM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

I wouldn't want another Stoll-Sutherby-Torres etc. type on the team. I know that every team needs one or two of those, but when your entire lineup consists of them it wouldn't work.
Sure, everyone on the team gives 110% effort, is gritty, a good leader, but we still have no one to put the puck in the net.

Old
10-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
Trade Comrie to Toronto for coliaocovo and some high pick.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:27 AM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Trade Comrie to Toronto for coliaocovo and some high pick.
Hah, yeah, the Avalanche would love to see that, wouldn't they.

I think we're pretty determined here that Comrie bring back somebody who can help NOW, not later. He's a 30 goal scorer who can break a game (for either team ), you don't trade guys like him for prospects unless you have to... and Lowe doesn't have to.

Closed Thread