HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

10/24 Gameday Thread: vs Minnesota Wild

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
10/24 Gameday Thread: vs Minnesota Wild

Just a gameday thread for us to discuss and I'm getting a chance to listen to the game.

Novo scores a goal assisted by Huselius & Horton (8:59)

Horton's first point!!!

Old
10-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
Luongo is playing tonight. I really hope he will be ready for Kovalchuk on Saturday.

Old
10-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Yarg

vCash:
I hope that Luongo plays both games and not that shields plays in Atlanta. If that is the case they should of played shields tonight and Luongo at Atlanta

Old
10-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Thewbacca

Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
3 goals scored in the 2nd period by Minnesota. Its now 3-2 Min. We got 2 goals and then I guess they wen't into the shell mode. They should have played Shields tonight. I don't understand the point of making Luongo play back to back games.

Old
10-24-2003, 04:54 PM
evildreams

vCash:
Walz has just scored. 4-2; it's over. They are without dupuis and some guy named gaborik, and w e will lose this one. luongo has had a rather weak night, the offense once again put out a half-ass effort, and one again being outshot badly. this is completely unacceptable. this youth ******** is just that: ********; these guys have played long enough, have played enough nhl games, and wasted all of last season in order to get crap like this out of their system. this team has not improved at all.

hordichuk, now 4-3. too damn little, too damn late

Old
10-24-2003, 05:11 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

That was the worst officiated game I've EVER seen...

If I'm Keenan and Dudley, I send a video of this along with a long and nasty letter saying that if these blind ass zebras step foot in the ODC again, our team doesn't take the ice to play.

The Kozlov phantom call was just icing on the friggin' cake..

I would go out of my way to try and have them banned from the rink permanently after that disgusting display of officiating..

I don't think I've ever been this mad after a game..

Old
10-24-2003, 05:17 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

Why hello there ovechkin, hope you can cope with the south florida weather...

Old
10-24-2003, 05:31 PM
ceber

Terrible, terrible call at the end. You guys had momentum, good pressure. Could've been an outcome-changing call. Well, just so you know, this Wild fan is happy with the outcome, but not happy with that call.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:50 PM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther
If I'm Keenan and Dudley, I send a video of this along with a long and nasty letter saying that if these blind ass zebras step foot in the ODC again, our team doesn't take the ice to play.

The Kozlov phantom call was just icing on the friggin' cake..

I would go out of my way to try and have them banned from the rink permanently after that disgusting display of officiating..

I don't think I've ever been this mad after a game..
when all other excuses fail. blame the refs; classy.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:19 PM
panthersfan4ever

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams

ED... you have to admit that was one of the worst officiated games. I think the call on Kozlov at the end was one of the worst calls I've seen in years. The Panthers played poorly and turned the puck over to be sure... but the constant penalties stopped the flow of the game. The officials decided the outcome of the game... not the players.

Old
10-24-2003, 06:32 PM
Heimy

ok, I was at this nightmare. You all will be happy to know the entire last 2 minutes of the game and whatever time afterward that it took those sorry, no-good, rotten, stinkin', crumbsbum refs to get off the ice was spent with the most intense booing I've ever heard or been a part of.

Yeah, the Cats stunk tonight and blew a 2 goal lead, but NO PROFESSIONAL hockey game should ever be officiated by these 2 boneheaded morons!

Please Keenan and Dudley, send the tapes to Andy Van Heloman(sp).These officials were an absolute disgrace to the game.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Pantherfemme

Send a message via AIM to Pantherfemme Send a message via Yahoo to Pantherfemme
All I have to say about tonights game is WHAT THE F*&# WAS THAT S*&%? Did MN bring their own refs? The calls they were making were so bogus my stomach churned. I cant believe at one point we had 3 of our guys in the penalty box. This is by far one of the worst games I have attended. The refereeing was just hopeless. Please tell me its gonna get better and the home losing curse is just a bucket of hogwash.
I cant take another season of this...

Old
10-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
That's twice this season that Angus has SCREWED us!

Old
10-25-2003, 12:30 AM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Terrible, terrible call at the end. You guys had momentum, good pressure. Could've been an outcome-changing call. Well, just so you know, this Wild fan is happy with the outcome, but not happy with that call.

classy post.

Old
10-25-2003, 04:30 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I don't think one game is going to determine a season. For Takkie who thinks we're welcoming Ovechkin already, right now, if the season ended today we would be slotted with the 9th pick in the draft. And I expected us to be around 10th which is an improvement from last yr. We're still one of the youngest teams in the NHL (I believe we are THE youngest from last I looked with Cullen & Bure out with injury) . One yr experience doesn't equate to automatic improvement. I'm disappointed at some of the play (from what I heard on the radio) but it sounds from everyone else that this wasn't a game that the Panthers could win. I just thought about something: it could be that all the refs know what Keenan's tactics are and they watch for any little thing.

Anyhow, I was wondering how was the goal by Novo for those that got to see the game (damnit I need Center Ice already). I'm sure him scoring made at least one of us panther fans happy, eh stinger

Last comment, I'm interested in the whole issue between Glenn Healy & Keenan and their comments. If you haven't read it, here's the blurb in today's Sun-Sentinel...quite interesting if you ask me:
Quote:
Healy remarks irk Keenan

Former goalie Glenn Healy unleashed into Keenan this week on Canada's TSN, and the Panthers' coach isn't happy.

In arguing that a team doesn't need a competent bench coach to win, Healy cited Keenan's 1994 Stanley Cup-winning term with the New York Rangers, where Healy was the backup goalie.

"It was uncalled for and it's fairly disrespectful," Keenan said. "I don't know why he's doing that. ... I guess he's upset that he didn't play that much, I don't know. Mike [Richter] had such a great year, so how can I not go with the hot goaltender?"

Keenan mostly feels betrayed because he says he's the reason Healy came to New York.

"[Then-GM] Neil [Smith] wanted to sign a backup goaltender," Keenan said. "[Then-assistant coach] Colie [Campbell] and I said, `Let's get this Healy guy.' We think he'd be more experienced and a good backup if [Richter] ended up getting hurt.' Neil said it would cost us a little money and I said, `Neil, this is New York.'"

According to the Globe and Mail, Keenan complained to a TSN executive about Healy's comments. Healy's reaction?

"Keenan may run the 20 rented mules down in Florida, but he doesn't run me anymore," Healy told the newspaper. "And he should be aware of that. First Amendment rights."
Source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Old
10-25-2003, 05:48 AM
justapantherfan

Quote:

The Panthers were not playing thier A game, but if you watched the game it was a one sided game. Kozlov took a high stick right in front of the ref with no call. Every time we touched one of thier players we got a call. Hell we didn't even have to touch them at the end of the game to get a call.

It's hard to win a game when your playing 7 on 5 the whole night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Yeah, the Cats stunk tonight and blew a 2 goal lead, but NO PROFESSIONAL hockey game should ever be officiated by these 2 boneheaded morons!

Please Keenan and Dudley, send the tapes to Andy Van Heloman(sp).These officials were an absolute disgrace to the game.
I couldn't agree more! This is where Refs should be held accoutable for stupid calls. A few fines would keep crap like this from happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Quote:
Originally Posted by patastrophe
classy post.
Agree

Old
10-25-2003, 05:58 AM
Heimy

Novo's goal was a beauty. He found some open space and was standing right in the slot for a one-timer that Roloson had no chance on.

What made it so beautiful was Huselius' creativity. Kristian recieved a pass along the 1/2 boards and was under immediate pressure. He put a move on his defender and worked his was down to the goal line. Just as he got there he centered the puck thru sticks and skates to Ivan and BANG, GOAL!

Old
10-25-2003, 06:25 AM
sting_fan

Neither team really benefitted from the horendous officiating. The two delay-of-game penalties on the Wild were a joke. That's even before you take into consideration that they were called in a span of a minute. And then the Kozlov call....

Old
10-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Heimy

How 'bout the calls that WEREN'T made? I thought diving was going to be enforced. I saw the most blatant dive last night I've ever seen.

IMO bad reffing hurts the game at least as much as any other issue on the table. Who wants to go to a game to see refs take such an arbitrary hand in determining the outcome?

If you can't tell, I'm still disgusted.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:21 AM
evildreams

vCash:
Guys/Gals, MIN didn't have Gaborik and Dupuis; this crying is making me sick. We played a team with a worse record than us and we lost, it's quite simple. MIN sucks, and we lost to them. we have superior talent AND home ice advantage, and we lost. we had a 2-0 lead, and we lost. quit the damn excuses.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Chaos2k7

It's happened. Louie is officially trying to do too much.

STAY IN THE CREASE. He gave away two goals on giveaways when trying to play the puck, and another turnover by Van Ryn resulted in the second goal to Annti Laaksonen, when Louie just didn't hug the post on a bad angle shot. We had this game in hand and let it slip away, we never matched their intensity after our second goal because I think the guys thought it was going to be a romp after that. The Walz goal was the real backbreaker. Louie blew it again. Soft goals and terrible puck playing ability. I was screaming, you are not Broduer get back to the cage, I mean Patrick Roy, and Dominik Hasek aren't good at playing the puck either but they win games. The Kozlov call was garbage but it just summed up a night in which we screwed ourselves in the foot. We cannot take any lead, or anything in this league for granted. They learnt that one the hard way last night.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:27 AM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHaos2k
The Kozlov call was garbage but it just summed up a night in which we screwed ourselves in the foot.
thank you.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Coolburn

Quote:
Guys/Gals, MIN didn't have Gaborik and Dupuis; this crying is making me sick. We played a team with a worse record than us and we lost, it's quite simple. MIN sucks, and we lost to them. we have superior talent AND home ice advantage, and we lost. we had a 2-0 lead, and we lost. quit the damn excuses.
Okay...let's call it a season NOW!! We lost to a team worse than us...it never happens in the NHL. Oh and they came back too...that's never happened either in the NHL And just because that team didn't have Gaborik or Dupuis doesn't make them that bad of a team. They didn't just make it to the playoffs and competed hard in the playoffs because of just those 2 players....they just make that team better. These aren't excuses or any of the sort...just plain hard facts that you don't want to face.

So like I said before, I guess you just want to call it a season now and forget about the rest of the season cause there's no way this team will ever play better than this ONE, *** game I'm tired of you again ED so you go back on my ignore list again

Old
10-25-2003, 08:36 AM
FlaPanthers7

If the Panthers keep this level of consistency we are going to be playing for the rights to Ovechkin before you know it. It's the same ole' stuff with the Cats - no consistency whatsoever. They blow a 2-0 lead at home to a team missing its top stars. So sad...

Take a look at the division: Tampa is 5-0, Atlanta is 4-0, and the Panthers are 2-4. Sooner or later Washington will come around too.

What concerns me the most is the fact that those teams are improving and playing consistent hockey. Florida is not. It seems that Keenan is still searching for line combinations that might work, instead of a philosophy or strategy that better suits the talent and players he has. We do have talent, and IMO it's being misutilized.

Hartley has his young Thrasher team (minus Heatley) playing like a machine - 5 guys on the ice playing as 1. And this was done with just a few moves and a coach who hasn't even been there a full year...

Old
10-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Did you even watch the game?!? Where do we start with this one ED. Yes, they played poorly, however:

1) The Kozlov call, worst I've seen in a decade.
2) Kozlov's "cross-checking call" that made it 5 on 3. It's amazing how a push with the lower hand can bring a players knees up like that.
3) Trnka's interference call after two (admittedly fairly lousy) delay of game calls on the Wild.

The first 2 were game changing calls. The 3rd was as well although it should never have been that situation in the first place.

That's not even including the calls they DIDN'T make. Hordichuk being held up by 3 guys in the third period (about a minute before his goal). Kozlov, Jokinen and Huselius being clutched and grabbed all damn night through the neutral zone and behind the Wild net.

I'm not saying they need to call everything down the numbers. I'm simply saying they need to be consistant.

And instead of commenting on how "classy" I am (a real classy move yourself by the way), why don't you actually watch a game, and learn how it is and supposed to be played.

Closed Thread