HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Day Staurday Oilers vs Flames

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Good goal by Calgary.

Could definitely see that one coming. I'm thinking the Oilers' PK efficiency must be near the worst in the NHL right now.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Shibumi

I don't get how the Oilers can have three consecutive PP and get no shots on goal. Did Craig Simpson get fired or what?

Old
10-25-2003, 05:39 PM
gretzky2kurri

OH....Fergies in a fight........gone to commercial.....

Old
10-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Whitenoise

Pretty horrible period, I thought. Calgary is there for the taking, but Edmonton looks like a peewee team. They can't win faceoffs, they pass in the skates, and their powerplay is just as horrible and disorganized as it's ever been. They're also trying for pretty plays when they do get a chance... just put the puck on net!

PS. Glenn Healy, do your homework. Ales Hemsky never played for Hamilton last year.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:55 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Good goal by Calgary.

Could definitely see that one coming. I'm thinking the Oilers' PK efficiency must be near the worst in the NHL right now.
Of course Cgy scored. I mean Edmonton had no shots on their 3 PP so it's only fitting that Cgy scores on their first.

Also, almost as pathetic as the PP, I think Stoll was the only one to win a faceoff. The Oilers are playing sad hockey right now. Hope they turn it around.

Old
10-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitenoise
PS. Glenn Healy, do your homework. Ales Hemsky never played for Hamilton last year.
You picked up on that too. Pretty obvious I thought. And he was doing a good job up to that point.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Fincan

CBC going to a commercial just as Fergy and Donavon were gonna fight really pissed me off :mad:

Man the announcers are sucking. Just before the 3rd PP started they were talking about how the Oilers (as a whole based on how it was worded) came to play because they had 3 straight PPs and then after the PP, a mere 2 minutes later, started talking about how the Oilers top line didnt come to play because they had no shots on the PP. Say one or the other, but dont say it both ways. I thought the team looked fired up but also let them self get hurried in to making plays and they still dont know what a PP is supposed to look like. The announcers also started talking about how Hemsky was one of the 10 players in the game who was on the farm last year? really, news to me.

If Iggy is gonna fight (Im glad he is a star who is willing to do that, I respect it) he shouldnt be wearing a visor (that I dont respect). If I were Cross I wouldnt have wanted to drop them and cut my hand up on Iggys visor either.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:02 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
is it just me but has Cross developed more of a edge he hitting more and gets into more fights Tommy has looked pretty good so far.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Whitenoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fincan
If Iggy is gonna fight (Im glad he is a star who is willing to do that, I respect it) he shouldnt be wearing a visor (that I dont respect). If I were Cross I wouldnt have wanted to drop them and cut my hand up on Iggys visor either.
Yeah, he should ditch the bucket before he fights. I think he usually does, but he was tied up with Cross when they decided to have at it. Too bad the refs jumped in just as Cross was taking off his helmet.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:14 PM
gretzky2kurri

2-1

Oh baby were they ever using Semis shot on the PP. He had about 3 more blasts after the first pp goal.

Get it to Semi.

McLellan must have felt the wind of his blast that broke the glass in the 1st period.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:40 PM
gretzky2kurri

Now I see why they broke to commercial on Fergies first fight.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:44 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Old
10-25-2003, 06:47 PM
gretzky2kurri

2-2 after 2

Hang in there Tommy.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Whitenoise

That was a bit better. Finally, Semenov is using his shot on the PP! And what a shot it is. You could even see him calling for the one timer a few times. Good to see.

The Oilers are making me very nervous on the PK. They're giving the Flames way too much room to move around.

Edmonton could learn a thing or two about Iginla's goal. Get a decent shot on net with some bodies in front and the goals will come. Nice tip by Iginla though.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:51 PM
momentai

Hooray. It looks like MacT is starting to actually listen to my rantings at the television screen. Semenov on the powerplay with Staios and NOT Cross. Anybody else think Semi's played rather solid tonight?

The Oilers aren't creating much offense... Calgary is really shutting them down. MacT has to come up with something to generate some 5 on 5 chances.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Oilhitch

Salo has made some good shots and I dont know if Calgarys 2nd was deflected but it looked like he should have stopped that one.

I hope Horcoff steps it up, he has done nothing.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Whitenoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
Salo has made some good shots and I dont know if Calgarys 2nd was deflected but it looked like he should have stopped that one.
It was deflected big time. It was a straight in shot that bounced right in front of Tommy and over his left pad. He was leaning over to the right trying to see through the mess of bodies in front.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:55 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
He could have stopped it, had he tried looking around on the left as opposed to the right... but that wasn't the right play.

Ference is a left handed shot, meaning his stick was towards the middle of the ice, and Salo was leaning to his right looking around the screen as the puck bounced to his left.

So yeah, he could have stopped it, but he was doing the right play on it, so he can't be faulted.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:58 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Of course Cgy scored. I mean Edmonton had no shots on their 3 PP so it's only fitting that Cgy scores on their first.

Also, almost as pathetic as the PP, I think Stoll was the only one to win a faceoff. The Oilers are playing sad hockey right now. Hope they turn it around.
It doesn't help that it was the single largest makeup call ever... he finished a check, that's all... and it's not like he hit him into the boards either.

I understand a hook or a hold as a makeup call, but don't call a good physical play like that a penalty.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:59 PM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
Just wondering what everybody else thought of the Flames no-goal? I didn't think Lombardi actually touched it with his stick but it was really close. Could have gone either way.

Old
10-25-2003, 06:59 PM
OYLer

If there are any weak hearts out there let them in the heat of the Battle of Alberta stand up and be discounted. Here we go Oilers, Here we go!

Old
10-25-2003, 07:00 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Hooray. It looks like MacT is starting to actually listen to my rantings at the television screen. Semenov on the powerplay with Staios and NOT Cross. Anybody else think Semi's played rather solid tonight?

The Oilers aren't creating much offense... Calgary is really shutting them down. MacT has to come up with something to generate some 5 on 5 chances.
The problem with Semi is that he is like Fulton Reed from the Ducks - 1 in 10.

Plus he isn't very good with a bouncing puck, or any kind of pass that isn't right on his stick.

That being said, he is perfect for a 5 on 3, or against a high press team like Calgary. providing the Oilers continue to go hi-low, and work it like that, because it gives him a bit more time when he does get the puck.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:02 PM
dawgbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta
Just wondering what everybody else thought of the Flames no-goal? I didn't think Lombardi actually touched it with his stick but it was really close. Could have gone either way.
Not sure, I didn't get a chance to see any of the good replays on it... but his weak little celebration after the goal, and his virtual non-reaction after it was called off pretty much lets you know that he knew he high sticked it.

Old
10-25-2003, 07:02 PM
jadeddog

i dont know about the rest of you, but during the first 2 periods i thought to myself on numerous occasions..... "boy these two teams arent very talented"..... its just been VERY sloppy play all around, a very boring game with lots of mistakes

Old
10-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Whitenoise

I think the Lombardi non-goal was a good call. CBC had a frame where it looked like it was just touching his stick, well above the crossbar. Judging by Lombardi's reaction after it happened, he seemed to think he touched it too.

Closed Thread