HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what the ?%$*#@&*

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 09:47 PM
braino

vCash: 500
what the ?%$*#@&*

What is going on with Palffy? I hope it is pre-cautionary this injury. This Buffalo team under lindy ruff is just a bunch a cheap shot ********! Mckee a few years ago broke Naslund's leg, I remember Denis Hamel elbowed Palffy in the head before under ruff, now this friggin Mair elbows Palffy. It's time to friggin knee some Sabres , pissed off LA fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-23-2003, 09:50 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by braino
What is going on with Palffy? I hope it is pre-cautionary this injury. This Buffalo team under lindy ruff is just a bunch a cheap shot ********! Mckee a few years ago broke Naslund's leg, I remember Denis Hamel elbowed Palffy in the head before under ruff, now this friggin Mair elbows Palffy. It's time to friggin knee some Sabres , pissed off LA fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep you're right! And we sure got back at them.

The Sabres top to Bottom look even softer than us, but you wouldn't know that tonight. We need to try out for the Ice Capades!

Old
10-24-2003, 07:45 AM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Neither the hit on Palffy or the one on Vishnovsky were cheap shots. Mair's elbow was down, his shoulder caught Paffly in the chin. Palffy does that move where he stops up when he gains the offensive zone 4 out of 5 times. Opposing teams are on to it. Mair lined him up and caught Palffy standing still. Mair might have jumped up and into him a bit, but it certainly wasn't a cheap shot. It was a simple little hockey play.
I have no idea why our players can't return the favor. Avery, Lappy and Brennan didn't take it to anybody the whole game and that is pretty much their sole purpose for being on the ice. I'm not counting the fights, I'm talking about physical play. You have to make the opposing team rush their passes by taking away space and making them pay for holding the puck too long, just like Mair did on Palffy. Fundamental hockey.

The hit on Vishnovsky wasn't cheap either. I may have been a split second late, but it was a clean hit.

The solution isn't to goon it up either, so don't start crying for a Flinn call-up. The Kings as a whole need to play a more physical style of hockey. The return of Nordstrom, Miller and Deadmarsh should help in that department, but right now everybody needs to step it up and contribute in the physical play department.

Old
10-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Devo-2

Quote:
I would love it as a Sabre fan if they did throw some more cheap shots, but they are way too soft of a team. I think you should take a couple deep breaths, and that should have been done before you posted this message back over on the Sabres Board. Wasn't Mair on your team just over a season ago. Do you really think he was trying to injure an old teammate? I remember the Naslund injury as well, and there was never even a discussion that that hurt was dirty, let alone a penalty. Unfortunately, he just hit the boards awkwardly. I know it blows if Palffy is truly injured, but you are barking up the wrong tree if you think the Sabres are cheap shot artists (especially post Varada Sabres).

Old
10-24-2003, 10:14 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo
Neither the hit on Palffy or the one on Vishnovsky were cheap shots. Mair's elbow was down, his shoulder caught Paffly in the chin. Palffy does that move where he stops up when he gains the offensive zone 4 out of 5 times. Opposing teams are on to it. Mair lined him up and caught Palffy standing still. Mair might have jumped up and into him a bit, but it certainly wasn't a cheap shot. It was a simple little hockey play.
I have no idea why our players can't return the favor. Avery, Lappy and Brennan didn't take it to anybody the whole game and that is pretty much their sole purpose for being on the ice. I'm not counting the fights, I'm talking about physical play. You have to make the opposing team rush their passes by taking away space and making them pay for holding the puck too long, just like Mair did on Palffy. Fundamental hockey.

The hit on Vishnovsky wasn't cheap either. I may have been a split second late, but it was a clean hit.

The solution isn't to goon it up either, so don't start crying for a Flinn call-up. The Kings as a whole need to play a more physical style of hockey. The return of Nordstrom, Miller and Deadmarsh should help in that department, but right now everybody needs to step it up and contribute in the physical play department.
I agree with some of your comments. But if you're asking why Avery, Brennan, and Lappy didn't do anything in return, you might want to watch the game again. They have to actually play to get back at them. Brennan never got another shift after the Peters fight, and I don't remember seeing Lappy, or Avery get the time they needed to get back. I don't think Buffalo are cheap shot artists, they just played text book physical hockey.
I disagree on the shot on Visnovsky. I know things happen out there in a micro-second, but that hit was late, no question about it. So what is our solution? As it stands right now, nothing! I don't really give two sh*ts if they are clean hits. Other teams are going after our top players, and nobody is doing anything about it. So i'm all for a Flinn call up. Both him and Brennan on a line will bring excitement not only to the fans but to the players. Plus I think our key players will feel a lot safer out there. AM did it in Vegas, and nobody wanted any part of Flinn or Brennan. And there were plenty of chances. It's not always about the fights in my eyes, but sometimes presence goes a long way. Other teams will think twice.

Old
10-24-2003, 11:49 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
Maybe the Kings should hire Ted Nolan as coach i guarantee then the Kings wont play like scared chickens.
As an outsider whats with So. Ca hockey teams and playing unphysical.
Look at the Ducks they get abused most games also and dont retaliate.

Ted Nolan was on a talk show here in Buffalo a week ago and he was saying all the right things, I cant believe no one will hire him, I hope if the sabres fire ruff we get Nolan, he was saying how he turned guys like peca, varada, holzinger, ect who wouldnt hit a cat if given the chance into guys who would go knock some bodies around in the corner and fight like dogs for the puck.

Old
10-24-2003, 12:13 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:

Old
10-24-2003, 02:20 PM
IGM

Its funny that we are talking about this but Ted was interviewed for the Kings job and for the same reason nobody else has hired him he was passed over. (I have my theories but don't know why for a fact) There is a good thread about him in the goons page.

When I heard that we were interviewing Teddy I thought for sure we would get him and he is the guy I wanted to be here for sure. Unfortunately, we hired the second best man for the job. Fortunately for us AM has done a fine job up to this point. Last night the hungrier team got the win and freakin TP looked like a real NHLer! (I bet I speak for all Sabre fans when I say "IF ONLY HE COULD DO THAT MORE OFTEN!")

Congrats to the Sabres and shame on you Kings for that "effort".

Old
10-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
Its funny that we are talking about this but Ted was interviewed for the Kings job and for the same reason nobody else has hired him he was passed over. (I have my theories but don't know why for a fact) There is a good thread about him in the goons page.
The Kings job was Nolan's for the taking. It was at the stage where they were discussing a contract. Unfortunately, Nolan (or someone he told) leaked this to the media and that infuriated Dave Taylor. These things are supposed to be kept confidential. There's always going to be rumors, but in this case it was clear the info had come from Nolan's camp. Taylor dropped Nolan like a hot potato for betraying his trust and I doubt he would ever consider him again.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:33 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed
The Kings job was Nolan's for the taking. It was at the stage where they were discussing a contract. Unfortunately, Nolan (or someone he told) leaked this to the media and that infuriated Dave Taylor. These things are supposed to be kept confidential. There's always going to be rumors, but in this case it was clear the info had come from Nolan's camp. Taylor dropped Nolan like a hot potato for betraying his trust and I doubt he would ever consider him again.
didn't know that...thanks buffaloed...

10-25-2003, 01:33 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arankys
Maybe the Kings should hire Ted Nolan as coach i guarantee then the Kings wont play like scared chickens.
There is any difference between scared and unable.

Closed Thread