02-27-2006, 06:42 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
How the Stars did in Torino..

Here's my view on them:

I'll start off with the losers and head to the winners:

Team USA:

Mike Modano (2G 1A): Played a pretty good tournament except for the final game, where he got benched without a real reason IMO. I didn't think he was any worse than his teammates. Scored two goals, made great defensive plays and was flying at times. He seemed to had a small jump to his game and connected with his teammates. He arguably centered USA's top line with Cole and Rolston. North America is an uptight country though, the comments Modano made wouldn't make the papers in Europe. He spoke his mind and I can't say I disagreed with him, either. Timing was just off, but the media has a hand in that as well. Grade: B-

Bill Guerin (1G 0A): He was dangerous at times, but that was about it. Was pretty much invisable throughout the entire tournament and played like he's been playing for the Stars all season long. Didn't defend, didn't forecheck, didn't use his speed, didn't use his slapper, ugh. Never connected with any of his teammates, either. Grade: C-/D+

Team Canada:

Marty Turco: He was excellent, I thought. The way he sat there in the stands, I don't think anyone else could have put up the same numbers like he did. Hold his drinks steady and never spilled, even when they cheered around him. Ate his burger in 5¼ bites, which is slightly higher than his average, but decent nonetheless. Also, his goals against average? A stunning 0.00! Grade: A+

Team Finland:

Jere Lehtinen (4G 6A): Awesome defensively, the way he blocked some shots had me hanging on for dear life. Played smart in general, with his stick work but also allong the boards. Finished in the top 3 of the tournament in scoring, but trailled off somewhat after the round robin games. Part of the best international line post Sovjet era, and then he's even playing LW instead of his preferably RW as well. Awesome tournament for Jere, I was really really dissapointed he didn't win the Gold. Grade: A+

Jussi Jokinen (1G 3A): The rookie who's been dropping some jaws in the NHL, has now impressed internationally as well. His playmaking was amazing some times, too bad Peltonen didn't burry them all. Played a great final. Grade: A

Niko Kapanen (2G 1A): Also excellent defensively, like the entire team actually. He lead Finland's PK units and did it well. Played a smart tournament, both defensively as offensively. Grade: A-

Niklas Hagman (0G 1A): This guy has more energy than the entire Stars team. Often falls or farts on shots due to his enthiusiasm, but that didn't prevent him from working his butt off. I though he even was one of Finlands top players in the final two games. Enjoyed watching him, grade: A

Great tournament, wrong winner..

Old
02-27-2006, 01:12 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Great report m8

The Finish team was excellent. Obliviously I thought the right team won

I agree with your comments about Modano, the comments he made were his emotions after the game.

About the winner, Detroit is paying the price for it. All 5 Swedish players will miss the next game against San Jose and maybe even Anaheim, same go’s for Datsyuk and Lang

Old
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Jamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
I agree.

Old
02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
I disagree. Sweden played better in the final and deserved the win.

Closed Thread