HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Best fight ever

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2006, 02:59 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Potvin vs Hextall.

Hextall had the reputation, Potvin was a quiet, unassuming guy. Potvin beats the crap out of Hextall.
If you watch that clip when Hextall goes off the ice he is cut and Tie Domi is chirping at him I would have loved to have heard that conversation.

Old
03-14-2006, 01:06 PM
InjunSteve
CARL WINSLOW!

Send a message via AIM to InjunSteve
i found the stock vs low fight more entertaining, but thats probably because i was a low fan. stock vs peat will go down as one of the best, if not the best fights of all time.

i would also like to add tony twist vs mike peluso. the fight where twist knocks peluso out.

Old
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by injun steve
i found the stock vs low fight more entertaining, but thats probably because i was a low fan. stock vs peat will go down as one of the best, if not the best fights of all time.

i would also like to add tony twist vs mike peluso. the fight where twist knocks peluso out.
The best KO I have seen was Kocur over Jim Kyte, Twister did land a bomb on Peluso though. I am also a Reed Low fan and hope he makes it back to the NHL.

Old
03-16-2006, 10:13 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Ryan Vandenbussche Vs. Tom Sullivan. 91-92 season OHL.

Old
03-17-2006, 06:55 AM
NJD

Great thread, guys. I see someone's already plugged Wayney's clip site, but here's another great site for clips, plus a ton of articles on current, retired and minor league enforcers:

http://p2.forumforfree.com/rhhockey.html

Old
03-17-2006, 02:47 PM
V-2 Schneider

Best fight ever was a hockey game played in Boston,circa 1970.It was first time seeing the leafs on TV, and they had Jim Dorey,Ellis,Pat Quinn,Jim Harrison,etc, and they went up against the Big Bad Bruins, and it went on all game long.The players were stacked 5 deep in the penalty box, and eventually, the infamous Boston chickens came to litter the ice.That,I learned later, was the cue for McKenzie,Sanderson, and Cashman, to make their way into the hometown crowd and look to improve their fighting skills.Even Bobby Orr was throwing some bombs that day.It was soooooo sweet.

Old
03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Snap Wilson

I just wanted to point out that the phrase "toe to toe" has been mentioned 28 times in this thread (not counting that last one) including a whopping eleven times in one post. P.J. Stock and Reed Low be damned, that is an impressive accomplishment.

Old
03-17-2006, 05:22 PM
The Old Master

vCash: 50
the one i liked the best was nick harbrok pgh.[sp] vs al arbor stl. [sp] i don't remember how to spell their names. [i was a kid]...just as they squared off to fight each other a fan through his rain coat over al head...and nick used him as a speed bag......the best was seeing al and the plager bro. jumping up and down on the rain coat cutting it to shreds.

Old
03-25-2006, 10:00 AM
BillD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master
the one i liked the best was nick harbrok pgh.[sp] vs al arbor stl. [sp] i don't remember how to spell their names. [i was a kid]...just as they squared off to fight each other a fan through his rain coat over al head...and nick used him as a speed bag......the best was seeing al and the plager bro. jumping up and down on the rain coat cutting it to shreds.
I remember the Stock/Peat fight. It was amazing.

Also, a couple of Nystrom/Mel Bridgeman in a series. These two seemed to dislike each other.

I would say Gillies/O'Reilly in the 1980 playoffs but Terry took such a onesided beatings that it was not really a fight.

Closed Thread