HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This Flyers team is baffling the hell out of everyone?

Old
04-10-2006, 11:01 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
This Flyers team is baffling the hell out of everyone?

I don't understand this. We happen to beat the Buffalo Sabres, who in my opinion are one of the fastest teams in the NHL, and then go come home to get whooped by Toronto and we were 1-3 against them. We can beat the Canes, we have twice this season, but we can't beat the Lightning once. Finally, the infamous, Ottawa Senators, in which we were 3-1 in the season. We can do amazing against the good teams and if we faced them in the playoffs we might have a chance of winning, but we can't face the bad teams. Is it just me or does this befuddle yout too.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 11:09 AM
chthonic

most frustrating team i've ever witnessed in all of my life. i dont think anyone can comprehend this teams inconsistency. lazy slow and lackadaisical for three games, passionate and fast on the fourth. and with so much talent young and old.

chthonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 12:17 PM
TheKingPin

Here is my theroy: They are so tired from injuries and covering for injuries that they only bother to step it up on big games. This would also explain getting blown out when we lose...because thye are too tired to care and then lighten up(slightly). Its just a matter of how tired, because they have done well against the top teams however that was in one game set now it maybe seven.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 12:29 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Here is my theroy: They are so tired from injuries and covering for injuries that they only bother to step it up on big games. This would also explain getting blown out when we lose...because thye are too tired to care and then lighten up(slightly). Its just a matter of how tired, because they have done well against the top teams however that was in one game set now it maybe seven.
i'm not positive on your reasoning about injuries but i do agree with your "step it up" theory

for whatever reason they play extremely well when they want to, but that doesn't happen often, most games against non-rivals or marquee teams they just go for a pleasant evening skate

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Kruschiki

vCash: 50
It's simple, the sabres let you win.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 01:30 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
It's simple, the sabres let you win.

They must have let a lot of other teams win as well considering this is their record in the past 11 games:

4-6-1.

Nice try.

swflyers8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 02:21 PM
peacepipe

wether u want to hear about the injury excuse or not the reality is it would hurt any team in any sport

peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 03:05 PM
NJFlyer42

Man, I don't think anyone can figure these guys out. I've been watching the Flyers for the whole 35+ years they've been in existence and I'd be hard pressed to find another Flyers team that looks sooooooooooooo good one night and soooooooooo bad the next. My best guess is the combination of youth, injuries and adapting to the rule changes (or lack thereof for certain players) all contribute to the problem.

NJFlyer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 03:15 PM
chi777

You guys have enough talent to play with any team regardless of injuries. Hitch employs the the trap against fast teams which is kryptonite to teams like the Sabres.

chi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2006, 06:49 PM
SabresFan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
They must have let a lot of other teams win as well considering this is their record in the past 11 games:

4-6-1.

Nice try.
Buffalo had an 8 game winning streak just before that.

They also had a 7 game winning streak earlier in the year.

Every team has rough patches...it's to bad we didn't sweep the flyers though....close

SabresFan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Broad st phantom

cant blame it on the injuries..... some days u have n some days you dont.... other players know how to play aganist other players..... or the coaches strategy for that game...

whatever the reason is us fans wont know the 100 percent awnser

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan

I agree completely

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 04:12 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Maybe this team is doing a Glenn Anderson impersonation. Remember how Glenn would sometimes float through the regular season with periods of inconsistencies, but when playoff time rolled around he was a gamer? Maybe that's what this team is doing. Maybe they realize that if they finish in the top five in their conference, they'll kind of rest up a bit, let everyone else push themselves to the limit to get one of the top positions and then come playoff time, the other teams will be so tired that the Flyers will just capitalize and eliminate everyone.

I could be wrong though......

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Lupul*

Maybe it's the new goal horn. They hate hearing it.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote