HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gaborik far apart ; Dupuis sealed by end of week...

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2003, 04:38 AM
CrossCheck

vCash: 500
Gaborik far apart ; Dupuis sealed by end of week...

I met with a scout (N.C. not to say his name!) working with Schatia and Walsh. He told me that things have progressed a bit further since Schatia has step in the negociation. They are still "very far" from any agreement though. The good news is that he told me Dupuis should be sealed by the end of this week...

No source, just a conversation one on one...

Old
10-25-2003, 05:03 AM
Wild Thing

vCash: 500
That's kind of the buzz we've been hearing here in the Cities, too.

I'm looking forward to getting Dupuis back, but personally, I'm beyond caring about Gaborik. I think it's unlikely he'll be signed this year, and I'm perfectly fine with that. He shot himself in the foot with his idiotic demand for $6.5 million base + incentives - now he's going to miss at least a full season of NHL experience, and probably 2 seasons if there's a work stoppage next year. He'll never make that money back, especially with the new CBA coming up. This was a foolish multi-million dollar mistake for him.

Serves him right, as far as I'm concerned. I just hope the lesson is not lost on other young players who are following behind him.

Closed Thread