HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarkko Immonen

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2006, 03:38 AM
ShaneDoan

vCash: 500
Jarkko Immonen

Are the Rangers gonna give a chance to Jarkko? He was definitely best player for JyP many years in Finnish SM-League!

Old
02-28-2006, 03:43 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneDoan
Are the Rangers gonna give a chance to Jarkko? He was definitely best player for JyP many years in Finnish SM-League!
I dont think he gets a chance this season unless the injury bug hits the team. The team is playing too well to mess up the team chemistry.

Old
02-28-2006, 03:50 AM
ShaneDoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
I dont think he gets a chance this season unless the injury bug hits the team. The team is playing too well to mess up the team chemistry.
That`s pity for Jarkko. I know that Rangers have played well, maybe Immonen get his chance next season or some other team in future.

Old
02-28-2006, 03:59 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
He'll def get a shot to make it during training camp. He's been doing very well in the A and I personally think he looks ready.

Old
02-28-2006, 04:04 AM
ShaneDoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
He'll def get a shot to make it during training camp. He's been doing very well in the A and I personally think he looks ready.
I think Immonen has lot of potential to come great player for Rangers!

Old
02-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Nich

2nd line center next year...will probably get a few games in before the playoffs i figure if someone else goes down.

can someone tell me if the roster size stays the same during the playoffs?

Old
02-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Choice

We're hoping he's one of the guys that gets called up for a game or two while olympians are rested. I expect Jarkko to be on the Ranger roster next year.

Old
02-28-2006, 10:46 AM
FLYLine24*

I can't wait for him to be in the NHL, he is a point machine down in Hartford which is very nice to see. 17th in the AHL in points and 3rd among first year players.

Old
02-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Pizza

He's where he needs to be for right now. Next season is a whole new story. If he's ready he'll be there.

Old
02-28-2006, 11:47 AM
shoothepuck

As stated by others, unless there are more injuries, he stays where he is until next season, when he has a chance to make the club in camp. If they sit one or two Olympians (which is doubtful), he may play a game or two.

Old
02-28-2006, 01:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I hope he gets called up this week even if its just for a game.

Old
03-01-2006, 02:31 AM
ShaneDoan

Immonen really should be player that has chance in NHL-level...totally different level than some other finnish players from past who played farm-leagues!

Old
03-01-2006, 03:06 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Immonen really should be player that has chance in NHL-level...totally different level than some other finnish players from past who played farm-leagues!
Everyone wants him here don't worry. I'm sure the Rangers want him to be a core player on this team for a long time.

Old
03-01-2006, 05:10 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
"Jarkko is the complete deal," coach Jim Schoenfeld said. "He has courage, takes a hit to make a play and backchecks when you know he's fatigued. He doesn't give up on a play, and it doesn't matter who you play him against or whether it's a physical or skating game, he finds a way to get the job done. The only thing keeping him here now is maybe the pace, but I don't know if he played in the NHL that it would matter because he's so smart and anticipates well"
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...adlines-hockey

Old
03-01-2006, 05:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Thomas Pock's overtime goal that gave the Pack a 6-5 victory over Lowell Sunday was his 52nd point of the season, breaking Mike Mottau's franchise record for a defenseman set in 2001-02. Pock, second on the team in scoring, was called up by the Rangers Tuesday. ... Goalie Al Montoya rejoined the team after practicing two days with the Rangers while Henrik Lundqvist returned from the Olympics. ... The "Tip-A-Player" Dinner and Sports Carnival raised $59,000 for Gaylord Hospital in Wallingford. That was $33,000 more than the first two years combined.

I hope Pock turns out to be better than Mike Mottau. And we thought Mottau would be a good d for the rangers for years, maybe we do overhype our prospects a bit.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:03 AM
NYR469

immonen should be called up and given a quick look before the deadline IMO...

they would like to let some of the olympians rest, and rumor is that ottawa wants rucchin. now the way rucchin played headed into the break i don't want to move him and we don't want to help ottawa, but right now we have no one to replace him at center so we can't even consider it and way the options unless we get another center back...

so why not callup immonen for the next couple games which would allow 1 of the olympians to rest each game and then you can get a feel for how close he is to being ready...if he comes up and you feel he is ready to be the #2 center than you can give serious thought to listening to offers for rucchin and decide if the deal is worth it. if he comes up and shows he isn't ready then you know that you can't move rucchin and can forget about the offers.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:12 AM
in the hall

Quote:
That`s pity for Jarkko. I know that Rangers have played well, maybe Immonen get his chance next season or some other team in future.
i think he replaces rucchin next year

Old
03-01-2006, 08:13 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
[B]I hope Pock turns out to be better than Mike Mottau. And we thought Mottau would be a good d for the rangers for years, maybe we do overhype our prospects a bit.
i remember people disliking mattau

wasn't he a very late round pick? he only got hyped because he won the hobey baker award didn't he?

Old
03-01-2006, 08:23 AM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

sorry to say but i have a feeling that if sather really wants to bring in a quality player at deadline, it will be immonen going the other way. he is the only NHL ready young forward that we have. unless someone will take moore and jarkko comes up an takes his spot. but i dont see that happening.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
so why not callup immonen for the next couple games which would allow 1 of the olympians to rest each game and then you can get a feel for how close he is to being ready....
I have 2 problems with waiting this long to take that look. First, with a week to the deadline, it's going to be a very short look. Maybe too short for Jarkko to settle in, shake off the jitters, adapt to the pace and really show something. Second, I'm not sure after 3 weeks of not even practicing together, and with critical division games upcoming, that it's really the right time to throw a wildcard into the lineup.

I tend to agree OleOle. Part of getting Jarkko up may be to showcase him and his development. He seems to be our best trading chip at the moment.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:37 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I have 2 problems with waiting this long to take that look. First, with a week to the deadline, it's going to be a very short look. Maybe too short for Jarkko to settle in, shake off the jitters, adapt to the pace and really show something. Second, I'm not sure after 3 weeks of not even practicing together, and with critical division games upcoming, that it's really the right time to throw a wildcard into the lineup.

I tend to agree OleOle. Part of getting Jarkko up may be to showcase him and his development. He seems to be our best trading chip at the moment.

Maybe they called up Pock to trade him.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Fletch

Too short for the opposite, too, MJ...

he could come in, dazzle in a couple games, but come off his high and become very ordinary. It's too late, and I think Jarkko's focused on this season in Hartford, and will make a play at becoming that second line centerman in New York next season.

Old
03-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Levitate

the only real worry i have about jarkko staying in hartford this year is that he may decide he's not gonna crack the rangers at this rate and just head back to finland

Old
03-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
the only real worry i have about jarkko staying in hartford this year is that he may decide he's not gonna crack the rangers at this rate and just head back to finland
That's my big worry, too. I'd hate for the guy to get the impression that he has not got a future with the Rangers.

If the Rangers were to try to showcase him for a trade, they have very little time to do it. He's not the best-known prospect, so if he's as good as he seems, having spent the whole season in Hartford, I don't think there are enough games before the trade deadline for the Rangers to showcase him and really get top value for him.

Old
03-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Levitate

i think i'm gonna give the pack game tonight a watch, i'll give my opinion on immonen

on a related note, does anyone know how you can "record" those games while you're watching them? it'd be nice if i could go back and look over stuff after the game is over...i know there are some programs that let you record streaming media, but the ones i've used in the past don't let you watch it at the same time. also not sure about the legality of it so maybe it's better left unasked, but since i don't plan on distributing anything and will probably delete it within a day or so...i figure no big deal

Closed Thread