HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

'Yotes @ 'Nucks GDT, Oct. 26/03

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

vCash: 500
DISGUSTING POWERPLAY

Break up the WCE-seriously, they have zero chemistry 5 on 5 anymore. Bertuzzi keeps f'in passing to Naslund. No matter where on the ice he is, he just HAS to pass to Naslund. The only problem is, what other line do you break up? The other three lines have been pretty decent, but the top line looks completely out of sync. At least they are more responsible this year though.

That 4 on 4 in the 2nd period-all FOUR Canucks stopped skating and just watched the 'Yotes skate around. It reminded me of the Keenan days-no effort whatsoever.

Cloutier-wraparound goal with a minute to go? Yikes. He actually played well until that goal. But that should have been stopped.

Sopel needs to sit a game-and soon. He is regressing out there.

Bertuzzi contract-good deal. Now start earning it-1 goal in 8 games? Is your wrist STILL sprained from the playoffs?

Sedin line-they were ok-but didn't generate nearly as many chances as they have been. They were also even worse than the WCE on the PP.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:52 PM
orcatown

Terrible game really. So many shoddy passes and very poor defensive coverage. Individual assessment

Cooke - sub-par performance. Usually you can count on him to show up. Standing still all night.

WCE - still not jelling. Especially on PP.

Matress Line - off night . However still our best line. Like the play of King. Has been very consistent

Defense was brutal:

Sopel - what can you say. Maybe he needs some glasses or contact lenses. Hard to know what goes through his head at time at times

Malik - skating was worse then usual. I think he opens every season the same way - awful. However as players wear down he tends to look better. Big guy who doesn't wear down as much. At the moment hard to watch.

Allen - Still terribly awkward and still slow in responding to situations. To me he is a disappointment so far. Crawford never played him during the last part of the third and, of course, OT. Makes too many mistakes in coverage and containment. Given this game I would trade him straight up for Spiller.

Jovo. good offense - poor defense. Made some bad gaffes

Ohlund- played most of the last part of the game. Trying too do too much to cover up for brutal play of others

Salo - steady as usual

Thought that Keane and Ruutu also looked weak.

All in all and given this lack lustre effort we were lucky to get a point.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:56 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Cannot blame Cloutier for the two goals, but as far as Sopel goes :moon:
There is definately a strong chance that he is in the dog house :moon:

Old
10-26-2003, 10:01 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
There is definately a strong chance that he is in the dog house :moon:
First Baron and now this, omg.

Old
10-26-2003, 10:02 PM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI
WTF! FiRE THE WHOLE TEAM!
Start with Sopel first, he started the slide downhill in this game.

Old
10-26-2003, 10:07 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
First Baron and now this, omg.
I smell something brewing involving Cloutier and Sopel...... :p

Old
10-26-2003, 10:12 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I didn't get a chance to see the game, and was just wondering if you could comment a little on how PHX looked tonight. Just looking for a different perspective....
Thanks,

Old
10-26-2003, 10:17 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_
I didn't get a chance to see the game, and was just wondering if you could comment a little on how PHX looked tonight. Just looking for a different perspective....
Thanks,

They looked good at time but they did not play with a lot of discipline.

Coyo competed hard given they played against SJ the night before, Sean Burke looked solid especially on the PK, Doan, Nagy, Kolanos and Mara were good. i did not notice Gratton at all.

Old
10-26-2003, 10:40 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
They looked good at time but they did not play with a lot of discipline.

Coyo competed hard given they played against SJ the night before, Sean Burke looked solid especially on the PK, Doan, Nagy, Kolanos and Mara were good. i did not notice Gratton at all.
Doan sure had a deke goal on Cloutier.....one of the nicest goals so far this season

Old
10-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Reign Nateo

Man, I saw the replay of the Sopel giveaway a few times now and wow, that was brutal. He looked right at the guy (Nagy) and hit him on the tape. I still can't beleive he gave the puck away like that.

Old
10-27-2003, 07:25 AM
Rageinthecage

How can anyone slag Sopel here? He's our leading point producer so far. Before everyone opens the flame throwers on my ass, let me explain.

Sopel's (OFFICIAL) stats:

GP G A PTS
8 1 4 5

What the above numbers fail to take into account, are all the nice plays to the opposition in his own end. Beautiful pass to Nagy last night. Great hand/eye coordination on his knockdown goal he put behind Cloutier earlier in the week. Not to mention all the other excellent tape to tape passes to players in the wrong coloured jerseys in the first few games (two resulting in goals by my count).

Revised stats:

GP G A PTS
8 2 7 9

See, our top scorer. Why is everyone so hard on the guy?

Old
10-27-2003, 09:16 AM
JOCA

Send a message via ICQ to JOCA Send a message via AIM to JOCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Man, I saw the replay of the Sopel giveaway a few times now and wow, that was brutal. He looked right at the guy (Nagy) and hit him on the tape. I still can't beleive he gave the puck away like that.
I have no idea which teamate he was trying to pass it too. I saw Bert I believe come back to back check but I can't figure out what pass he was trying to make

Old
10-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Mimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCA
I have no idea which teamate he was trying to pass it too. I saw Bert I believe come back to back check but I can't figure out what pass he was trying to make

He wasn't trying to make a pass to anyone specifically, I don't think. He tried to make a feed pass up the middle instead of just shooting it up the boards. He failed miserably, but at least he was trying to do something. I've seen the giveaway over and over, and that's the only thing that makes sense. Sopes wouldn't just knowingly pass to the other team. I give him more credit than that. :p

I agree with what someone else said earlier though. Sopel needed to keep it simple and pass along the boards, rather than making a pass onto open ice and causing a goal. Bad play, but whatcha gonna do? It happens. Move on. Let's hope he doesn't make another mistake next game. Well... let's hope that the mistake he makes next game won't be bad enough to notice

Closed Thread