Notices

What would it take to get Gaborik

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2006, 01:24 PM
4jp

vCash: 500
What would it take to get Gaborik

Buffalo fan wondering what it would take to get him. We are stacked at Forward and goal.

Kalinen, Pominville and Dumont??

Roast away

Old
02-23-2006, 01:27 PM
TeamSeals

Vanek would be a good start, then throw in some more shiny parts and we will talk

Old
02-23-2006, 01:36 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Start with Vanek and Stafford and we'll talk

Old
02-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Chrisd

vanek is at the very least the start...

gaborik is scary good, especially in a high power offense like buff, who is run and gun...

vanek and zagrapan..we need skill back in return.

Old
02-23-2006, 02:37 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd

gaborik is scary good, especially in a high power offense like buff, who is run and gun...

vanek and zagrapan..we need skill back in return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Start with Vanek and Stafford and we'll talk

lol,Buffalo's offense isn't "high-powered" or run and gun.Your not going to get Vanek and another former 1st round pick for Gaborik when it's very possible that Vanek will be able to match Gaborik's offensive output in the future.Adding in a potential #1 center or a Two Way Threat is overpayment.

Old
02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
lol,Buffalo's offense isn't "high-powered" or run and gun.Your not going to get Vanek and another former 1st round pick for Gaborik when it's very possible that Vanek will be able to match Gaborik's offensive output in the future.Adding in a potential #1 center or a Two Way Threat is overpayment.
Okay then no deal, thanks for your time

Old
02-23-2006, 02:40 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Apparently prospects and could be's are better than actual production. Get a clue man.

I hope Minnesota never trades him and they win a cup with him. There are very few fan bases as good as this one and they deserve a cup with Gaborik leading the way.

Old
02-23-2006, 02:50 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Apparently prospects and could be's are better than actual production. Get a clue man.
Vanek already has as many goals and assists in his rookie season then Gaborik did in 15 less games.How is that a could-be?Vanek will probably be able to match Gaborik's offensive output in his second season too,and is cheaper then Gaborik (no holdouts either).

Sabres have been doing fine with Vanek instead of Gaborik.No need to trade the farm for him.

Old
02-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Chrisd

like i said thats fine keep vanek.

Vanek wasnt a 18 year old rookie in the NHL like gaborik was.

Vanek came into a team who had offensive options.

Gaborik came onto a expansion team who had pure *cast offs*.

Vanek is my favorite hockey player, loved him at the U of M. But no way in heck would I trade Gaborik for him.

The two arent even that far apart age wise either, and gaborik has been in the league for a long time now.

I don't see how gaborik for vanek and zagrapan is so called *unfair*. Gaborik has elite skills and given a legit center, would be up in the ilya, hossa class, he showed that much at the olympics what his game is, and what he can do around talent.

Zagrapan is a decent player, not even in the top 10 or 15 in the qmhhl in scoring and doesn't lead his team, lets not act like he's alexander radulov or malkin or something. He's got some good upside but he's a ways off and ya never know what he's gonna be.

Trades not gonna happen anyways, so speculation is pointless.

Old
02-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Bluesman

Quote:
Vanek already has as many goals and assists in his rookie season then Gaborik did in 15 less games.How is that a could-be?Vanek will probably be able to match Gaborik's offensive output in his second season too,and is cheaper then Gaborik (no holdouts either).

Sabres have been doing fine with Vanek instead of Gaborik.No need to trade the farm for him.
And there's no reason to trade Gaborik for 2nd tier players. Now that we've settled that you're not willing to give up anything of comparable value, and we have no interest in giving away Gaborik, you can leave. Bye.

Old
02-23-2006, 03:17 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

if you're so stacked at forward, why do you need gaborik?

Old
02-23-2006, 04:55 PM
ceber

Gaborik is underestimated by most people, I think. They like to look at his offensive skills and that's it. The guy is becoming much more well-rounded than people realize.

Old
02-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
if you're so stacked at forward, why do you need gaborik?
This is what i was wondering.

Old
02-23-2006, 05:49 PM
mncdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
Gaborik is underestimated by most people, I think. They like to look at his offensive skills and that's it. The guy is becoming much more well-rounded than people realize.
Yes he is starting to backcheck. I can't stand players that don't back check. I get the sense that they feel they are better than the rest of the team. This happened at the beginning of the year with Gabby and Walz called him out. Things changed and so did Gaboriks season. He is playing much better. Hense a two way player.

Old
02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
4jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mncdn
Yes he is starting to backcheck. I can't stand players that don't back check. I get the sense that they feel they are better than the rest of the team. This happened at the beginning of the year with Gabby and Walz called him out. Things changed and so did Gaboriks season. He is playing much better. Hense a two way player.
I just asked what it would take to get him. I love the guy and feel with the sabres we can be a serious contender. His defensive play is why I feel he could put us over the top; ALL of our forwards come back to help.

Kalinen when healthy is a top 4 D-man. Jp (my boy) is a top 6 forward 10g 10a in 28 gms is solid, dude hits and is really starting to finish. J-Pom 24 pts in 34 games, plays the powerplay, shorthhanded and Ruff put him out at some pretty critical times.

Seems fair...........Did you see what Boston got for Big Joe?

Old
02-23-2006, 08:25 PM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jp
I just asked what it would take to get him. I love the guy and feel with the sabres we can be a serious contender. His defensive play is why I feel he could put us over the top; ALL of our forwards come back to help.

Kalinen when healthy is a top 4 D-man. Jp (my boy) is a top 6 forward 10g 10a in 28 gms is solid, dude hits and is really starting to finish. J-Pom 24 pts in 34 games, plays the powerplay, shorthhanded and Ruff put him out at some pretty critical times.

Seems fair...........Did you see what Boston got for Big Joe?
you also have to think Boston was shopping Joe whereas you are buying Gaborik, Joe got bought cheaper than his value whereas Gaborik will take an overpayment. Kalinen, Vanek, and J-Pom sounds good to me. If thats too steep than sorry I cant help you and good luck

Old
02-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Bookman

vCash: 728
The only question I would ask is WHY would the Wild trade Gaborik. He's one of the most exciting hockey players in the world, he's got a great future. You may as well ask for the moon.

Old
02-23-2006, 08:30 PM
TeamSeals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman
The only question I would ask is WHY would the Wild trade Gaborik. He's one of the most exciting hockey players in the world, he's got a great future. You may as well ask for the moon.
how would one acquire the moon? Ive always wanted a piece of it but it is just to damn far away

Old
02-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman
Exactly.

He'll be moved only if our hand is forced by him because of money demands and last I checked we have lots of available money.

Vanek and Stafford is a nice start though...that would keep me on the phone. Both teams would prolly scoff at this so not much point in debating.

How about Dupuis for Dumont? C'mon Du it!!!

Old
03-02-2006, 12:17 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

I'd say Kalinen, Paille, and a high pick, like a 2nd

Old
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
4jp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO