HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Philadelphia Flyers, 2006-03-06, 7:00pm, OLN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
  #1
Art Vandelay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Philadelphia Flyers, 2006-03-06, 7:00pm, OLN

TV: OLN, Radio: WIP
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Montreal Canadiens
vs.
(33-18-10) vs. (29-22-8)
Last 20 Encounters:
(W-L-T-OTL)

9-7-2-2


Season Series:
Canadiens
: 3-0



Home/Road Records:
Flyers at Home: 16-9-6
Canadiens on the Road: 13-15-4


Projected Starting Goalies:
#30 Robert Esche
05/06: (15-7-4, 3.12GAA, .892Sv%, 0 SO)
Career vs. MTL: (1-2-1-1, 2.94
GAA, .872Sv%, 1 SO)

#39 Cristobal Huet
05/06: (9-5-3, 2.26GAA, .929Sv%, 3 SO)
Career vs. PHI: (2-0-0-0, 2.22GAA, .918Sv%, 1 SO)




Projected Lineups:
Philadelphia

Simon Gagne - Peter Forsberg - Mike Knuble
R.J. Umberger - Petr Nedved - Branko Radivojevic
Donald Brashear- Mike Richards - Sami Kapanen
Brian Savage - Jeff Carter - Turner Stevenson

Joni Pitkanen - Mike Rathje
Derian Hatcher - Eric Desjardins
Freddy Meyer - Randy Jones

Robert Esche
Antero Niittymaki


Montreal
Chris Higgins - Saku Koivu - Michael Ryder
Alexander Perezhogin - Mike Ribeiro - Alex Kovalev
Steve Begin - Radek Bonk - Aaron Downey
Richard Zednik - Tomas Plekanec - Jan Bulis

Andrei Markov -
Michael Komisarek
Sheldon Souray - Craig Rivet
Mathieu Dandenault - Francis Bouillon

Cristobal Huet
Yann Danis



Top Point Producers vs Opponent:(healthy)
Philadelphia

(Player GP-G-A-P +/- PIM)
Petr Nedved 45-14-26-40 +3 14
Sami Kapanen 36-12-13-25 +3 4
Eric Desjardins 38-4-19-23 +5 20
Peter Forsberg 17-1-22-23 +2 10
Mike Knuble 32-7-8-15 -2 18


Montreal
(Player GP-G-A-P +/- PIM)
Alex Kovalev 56-21-18-39 0 68
Radek Bonk 36-11-17-28 +8 14
Saku Koivu 26-8-15-23 +2 14
Richard Zednik 25-9-4-13 0 22
Jan Bulis 22-6-4-10 +1 6



Team Leaders: (healthy)
Philadelphia

Goals: Simon Gagne (37)
Assists: Peter Forsberg (49)
Points:
Peter Forsberg (64)
+/-:
Simon Gagne (+24)
PIM: Donald Brashear (110)
Shots:
Simon Gagne (244)
TOI/G (D): Derian Hatcher (24:29)
TOI/G (F):
Simon Gagne (21:05)


Montreal
Goals: Michael Ryder (24)
Assists: Saku Koivu (29)
Points: Alex Kovalev, Saku Koivu (43)
+/-: Anderi Markov, Jan Bulis (+6)
PIM: Steve Begin (99)
Shots: Michael Ryder (164)
TOI/G (D): Anderi Markov (23:53)
TOI/G (F): Alex Kovalev (20:08)




Team Stats:
Philadelphia
|Wins|Loss|OTL |Pts |Win%|G/G |GA/G|PP% |PK% |
| 33 | 18 | 10 | 76 |.623|3.25|3.16|17.8|78.6|
|12th|23rd|3rd |9th |9th |8th |20th|18th|26th|


Montreal
|Wins|Loss|OTL |Pts |Win%|G/G |GA/G|PP% |PK% |
| 29 | 22 | 8 .| 66 |.559|2.88|3.10|18.3|81.4|
|17th|19th|11th|17th|17th|20th|19th|12th|21st|



Injuries:
Philadelphia
Michal Handzus - Shoulder injury, 7-10 days from feb. 27
Chris Therien - Head injury, Out indefinitely
Kim Johnsson - Post-concussion symptoms, Out indefinitely
Keith Primeau - Concussion, Out for the season


Montreal
Garth Murray - Separated right shoulder, sidelined indefinitely
Jose Theodore - Heel injury, late March

Art Vandelay is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 10:20 AM
  #2
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 500
Gags is back!! I like that second line hopefully it works out. What is the status of KJ/Zues/immpending trades?

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
  #3
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,341
vCash: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Gags is back!! I like that second line hopefully it works out. What is the status of KJ/Zues/immpending trades?

Here is Spectors most recent update:

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
  #4
GameFace247SON
@NHLonICE
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 445
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GameFace247SON
i'm hopin for a big W, maybe even a SO for esche...would be great considering how hard they seem to be shopping him

GameFace247SON is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 11:30 AM
  #5
DeleteThisAccount
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: And eating brains
Country: United States
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Hopefully a win tonight. Some of you people are starting to make my eyes bleed whenever I come here. You know who you are.

DeleteThisAccount is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 11:32 AM
  #6
Dr Love
Registered User
 
Dr Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 20,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battousai
Hopefully a win tonight. Some of you people are starting to make my eyes bleed whenever I come here. You know who you are.
Yeah, GKJ really needs to stop wearing that sundress.

About the game...

Even though he's back to the 4th line, watch for Brian Savage to get 67 minutes of playing time.

Dr Love is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 12:45 PM
  #7
FlyersFanJS
Registered User
 
FlyersFanJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hellertown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
watch for Brian Savage to get 67 minutes of playing time.

FlyersFanJS is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 12:58 PM
  #8
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,004
vCash: 500
god i hate OLN (i don't get the station )

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
  #9
Synthetic
Registered User
 
Synthetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Columbia, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
Hopefully Gags will get us back on track, net himself a hat trick, and keep himself in the pace of the Jagrmeister.

Oh...and we win

Synthetic is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
  #10
phlacheesesteak
Registered User
 
phlacheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez19
god i hate OLN (i don't get the station )

Its the only time i get to watch them, except on replays on demand. All because comcast screwed over the area of south central PA, everything Camphill and up get CSN, I get Washington sports net (yay! )

Anyway ive been looking forward to this one, Flyers gotta come out with a win soon..what better time than against a hot Habs team!?!? Esche starting tonight? ...Lets go Philly!!

phlacheesesteak is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
  #11
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
My weeks been pretty solid so I think there's good things ahead.


Let's steal this game tonight!

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
  #12
FlyersHomer DM03
Registered User
 
FlyersHomer DM03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Allentown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
Its the only time i get to watch them, except on replays on demand. All because comcast screwed over the area of south central PA, everything Camphill and up get CSN, I get Washington sports net (yay! )
yeah i go to college in the thriving metropolis of york...which is about two hours from DC yet i'm screwed, getting the caps

Fortunately I was home last week onbreak and got to watch the Flyers...actually I dont know if thats fortunate at all

Some of my friends and i might get center ice next year, but I hear that this area gets blacked out using that too...hence my ever-so-creative location earlier this season..."no fly zone"

and oh yeah, no OLN either

give me the Flyers 3-2, Gagne's gnna score twice

FlyersHomer DM03 is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
  #13
phlacheesesteak
Registered User
 
phlacheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
If u get center ice and u live in the same region as me (your about an hour south)..then dont expect to get flyers games. I already called comcast about it at the begining of the year...We cant get CSN because comcast coustomers somehow perfer Baltimore/Washington in this area. yet were geographically IN PA!?!??! and center Ice games are blacked out because Comcast feels that we are close enough to go to the games like the people in Philly. HELLO COMCAST?!?! we live 2 hours away and your effing the crap out of us!! Im willing to pay as much as it takes to see the Flyers on TV. And i cant go to games often at all cause of $ and the hour and a half-2 hour drive every time i want to get to the Wachovia Center.

JERKS!

phlacheesesteak is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM
  #14
ArchieIsGod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
flyers need this win tonight just like they did saturday when i was in long island for the game...still represented and pissed off a bunch of islander fans anyway haha

ArchieIsGod is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:30 PM
  #15
Philly Flyer Fan*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bolton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Oh look!!!.................The might rebound machine, Robert Esche is starting

Philly Flyer Fan* is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
  #16
swflyers8*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upper Darby, PA
Posts: 2,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I had a rough weekend and things are looking up. I have an interview for a new job on Wednesday. If my luck (which usually sucks) can improve, so can the Flyers. They need to come out strong and be ready to play for 3 periods.

swflyers8* is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 02:15 PM
  #17
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,254
vCash: 5775
Must win game.











No excuses.

GKJ is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 02:27 PM
  #18
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
A few heads up for the game:


The Habs have been playing very good games lately, making the opponent pay for their mistakes and sticking up for each other. The goaltending has been more then stellar.

The first line of Higgins-Koivu-Ryder has shown good ability to play in two zones, the three of them are gritty forwards who dont back down.

The 2nd line of Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev has shown tremendous skill. Ribeiro is the weakest link on the line, not being able to catch up or create good plays like his teammates do.

The 3rd line of Bulis-Plekanec-Zednik is very fast and responsible. Zednik is tough to handle down low and lately, he has shown a lot of hard work. He's a player who's game is about speed and grit, if he doesnt use those two traits, he's not usefull. Plekanec is a fiesty forward and Bulis is a two way forward who might be the weakest player in our division.

The fourth line is the PK line. Watch out for Begin.

The defense has been solid, Markov is a threat to watch out for and his partner Komisarek can change the tempo with a monster hit. Rivet and Souray are there to beat the crap out of anyone who touches their teammates. That leaves little Bouillon and Dandenault.

A speedy team and one that competes.


The Flyers will have to bring a full 60 min effort to beat the Habs. The gamebreaker will undoubtebly be Forsberg. If he decides to get it going, it'll be tough for the inexperienced Habs squad to defend against him. Robert Esche is potentially the guy that might cost you the game. Everyone of our wingers on the top 3 lines are very good shooters, if he has a bad game, expect 5+ goals to be scored. I'd be surprised if Philly doesnt play a very tight and physical game.

Good luck and good game.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 02:39 PM
  #19
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku

The 3rd line of Bulis-Plekanec-Zednik is very fast and responsible. Zednik is tough to handle down low and lately, he has shown a lot of hard work. He's a player who's game is about speed and grit, if he doesnt use those two traits, he's not usefull. Plekanec is a fiesty forward and Bulis is a two way forward who might be the weakest player in our division.
He hasn't looked weak against the Flyers so far this year

flyguy is online now  
Old
03-06-2006, 02:40 PM
  #20
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy
He hasn't looked weak against the Flyers so far this year
Sorry, I meant weak physically. He's a good player and he can hit, but everytime someone hits him he gets leveled hard and he's very easy to knock off the puck.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 02:47 PM
  #21
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,184
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Sorry, I meant weak physically. He's a good player and he can hit, but everytime someone hits him he gets leveled hard and he's very easy to knock off the puck.
Yeah I knew what you meant, I was just making light of the fact that he's been a monster against the Flyers this year.

flyguy is online now  
Old
03-06-2006, 03:06 PM
  #22
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,280
vCash: 500
Good luck tonight boys, we'r on a roll but it's still pretty fagile, should've a good game.

TheDamned is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 03:17 PM
  #23
MartinFr
Registered User
 
MartinFr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Kalmar
Country: Sweden
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MartinFr
Gagne and Forsberg will show the way, 4-2 Flyers.

MartinFr is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 03:47 PM
  #24
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
A few heads up for the game:


The Habs have been playing very good games lately, making the opponent pay for their mistakes and sticking up for each other. The goaltending has been more then stellar.

The first line of Higgins-Koivu-Ryder has shown good ability to play in two zones, the three of them are gritty forwards who dont back down.

The 2nd line of Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev has shown tremendous skill. Ribeiro is the weakest link on the line, not being able to catch up or create good plays like his teammates do.

The 3rd line of Bulis-Plekanec-Zednik is very fast and responsible. Zednik is tough to handle down low and lately, he has shown a lot of hard work. He's a player who's game is about speed and grit, if he doesnt use those two traits, he's not usefull. Plekanec is a fiesty forward and Bulis is a two way forward who might be the weakest player in our division.

The fourth line is the PK line. Watch out for Begin.

The defense has been solid, Markov is a threat to watch out for and his partner Komisarek can change the tempo with a monster hit. Rivet and Souray are there to beat the crap out of anyone who touches their teammates. That leaves little Bouillon and Dandenault.

A speedy team and one that competes.


The Flyers will have to bring a full 60 min effort to beat the Habs. The gamebreaker will undoubtebly be Forsberg. If he decides to get it going, it'll be tough for the inexperienced Habs squad to defend against him. Robert Esche is potentially the guy that might cost you the game. Everyone of our wingers on the top 3 lines are very good shooters, if he has a bad game, expect 5+ goals to be scored. I'd be surprised if Philly doesnt play a very tight and physical game.

Good luck and good game.

All four lines will bow to the Foppa line they are great together. We havnet been winning because one or the other has been out.

TheKingPin is offline  
Old
03-06-2006, 03:51 PM
  #25
Lupul*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
5-0 Habs tonight. Bulis notches all five.

Lupul* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.