HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Clarke's lack of creativity??

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2006, 12:38 PM
BladesofSteel21

vCash: 500
Clarke's lack of creativity??

Does it bother anyone that when it comes to trade rumors w/ the Flyers Clarke brings back old guys i.e. Recchi, Renberg who have not help the flyers win a thing.

Now we hear maybe Recchi again, Roenick, Richardson, Ricci are possible trade targets. I think Bob has to start thinking outside the box and not make a SAFE trade
because he is familiar w/ the player.

Old
03-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFlyer
Does it bother anyone that when it comes to trade rumors w/ the Flyers Clarke brings back old guys i.e. Recchi, Renberg who have not help the flyers win a thing.

Now we hear maybe Recchi again, Roenick, Richardson, Ricci are possible trade targets. I think Bob has to start thinking outside the box and not make a SAFE trade
because he is familiar w/ the player.
Rex wouldn't be bad to trade for... Ricci was never with this team on his watch... nor has Ricci been with the flyers in forever, so he doesn't really count.

JR isn't coming back... that would be a relatively shocking development i think.

Richardson would be better than Therien back there.

Old
03-01-2006, 01:06 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Recchi isn't coming back. Renberg? When did that come up?

I wouldn't mind any of the players who are thought to be coming here:

Doan
Tkachuk
Sanderson
Vyborny
Morris
Parrish
Sopel

I'd take any of them.

Just not Hrdina.

Old
03-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Dr Love

He did bring back Bundy. Which still pisses me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
I wouldn't mind any of the players who are thought to be coming here
Agreed. They can all help this team, in varying ways. Of course Doan, Morris or Tkachuk would be preferable, but Parrish, Vyborny or Sopel would be fine additions.

Old
03-01-2006, 01:27 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
He did bring back Bundy. Which still pisses me off.
For the most part, Blundy has 95% bad games. However, there is the odd one or two games where he isn't mistake prone all now. It will be helpful to have all the defensemen we can get come playoff time, even him. That way, Hitch plays him first, he gets some injury on a play where anyone else is fine and one of our better rookies gets his spot.

Old
03-01-2006, 01:45 PM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
bringing bundy in wasnt really that bad of a move. we all hate him but he was supposed to be an extra guy to fill in everynow and then, and he fills that roll pretty well. i dont think anyone was expecting him to play as much as he has been.

that said i dont think clarke is going to bring in anyone who was here before, the only one with really any shot would be recchi but the others listed IMO have a much higher chance of being here before the deadline.

as the other guys said, any of the players mentioned will help us out, as long as we arent dealing anything higher than umberger.

Old
03-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylez19
bringing bundy in wasnt really that bad of a move. we all hate him but he was supposed to be an extra guy to fill in everynow and then, and he fills that roll pretty well. i dont think anyone was expecting him to play as much as he has been.
If you don't want a guy to take significant minuttes, then you don't put him on your roster in the first place. There were plenty of other crappy dmen out there to be had instead of Bundy.

Old
03-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
Bringing back Forsberg wasn't a bad idea.

Old
03-01-2006, 02:24 PM
califlyersfan

Quote:
If you don't want a guy to take significant minuttes, then you don't put him on your roster in the first place. There were plenty of other crappy dmen out there to be had instead of Bundy.

That is it though, Therien was cheap and at that price you can't bring someone in and expect them to play big minutes. You even said bring in another crappy dman... they would be just as bad as therien or worse. Plus the people in the locker room seem to like him so that helps. Don't get me wrong, I almost crap my pants everytime therien hits the ice, but for the money and jokes in the locker room, he's in the best position to succeed this time around. Also, anyone know if he has been matched up with jagr this year and how he looked against him? He used to supposedly always shut him down back when he was with desjardins in our top pairing.

Old
03-01-2006, 02:28 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesthar
Bringing back Forsberg wasn't a bad idea.
lol, don't think that counts seeing as how he never played a game in orange & black

Old
03-01-2006, 02:31 PM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
Quote:
i see what you are saying but it can be argued that there aren't many players out there for that price and availability that would really be better than therien. plus, he supposedly has some locker room intangibles that perhaps set him above the other guys

Old
03-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFlyer
Does it bother anyone that when it comes to trade rumors...
Rumors being the keyword. I think Clarke is usually quite creative it is just that who ever creates these rumors play the card, that since Clarke once had certain players he'd like them back again.

Old
03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
stanley

I don't think creativity has anything to do with making a deadline trade. That's simply a label placed after the fact and with complete hindsight on someone or something that turned out successfully. Nobody calls someone who failed creative.

The area in which I think this so-called creativity could be useful is managing to annually field a competitive hockey team while not exceeding the salary cap. He's done a pretty good job over the past few years of turning draft picks into usable commodities, such as trading a pick from one year into an earlier round pick in a future year. I think he and his staff do an excellent job of managing their commodities, especially considering that they're always buyers with very little financial flexibility. Other than that, he could dress as creatively as Johnny Cash and eat bologna sandwiches every single day for lunch, and I'd still consider him a creative general manager.

Old
03-01-2006, 05:02 PM
MojoJojo

90% of trade rumours are made up by sports writers and internet posters.

DUH

Closed Thread