HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Davidson on the Fan 590

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2006, 05:24 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Then you are very very stupid.

Eventually we are going to have to trade away some of our all valuable prospects...

we can't have a line up composed of nothing but rookies.

Old
03-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
plus we wouldn't get to see your amusing and confusing, everchanging avatars.
tis true

Old
03-01-2006, 05:37 PM
wholeshow*

jay bouwmeester HATED mike ribeiro...
and so did everyother player on ribeiro's world junior team (not including eric chouinard and michael ryder).

Old
03-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Firthbird
#Drivefor25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Eventually we are going to have to trade away some of our all valuable prospects...

I know.. but he is a great rookie, and we should develope him, not somebody else!

Old
03-01-2006, 05:41 PM
wholeshow*

lets trade for josef balej first, pimp how great his speed is and then trade him for jokinen.

Old
03-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholefnshow
jay bouwmeester HATED mike ribeiro...
and so did everyother player on ribeiro's world junior team (not including eric chouinard and michael ryder).
No problem, let's add a D-man and Florida sending J-Bo to Montreal in the process.

Old
03-01-2006, 06:24 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz

Eventually they won't be rookies

Old
03-01-2006, 06:56 PM
znk

It's probably a rental...shouldnt cost as much as some of you are speculating....altho...it will cost more then Kovalev did.

Old
03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholefnshow
lets trade for josef balej first, pimp how great his speed is and then trade him for jokinen.
well you know...that'd be a great idea...'cept...you forgot the fact that Balej may never play hockey again due to a severe injury he took not too long ago...

Old
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
well you know...that'd be a great idea...'cept...you forgot the fact that Balej may never play hockey again due to a severe injury he took not too long ago...
Oh yeah I forgot about the shower injury

Old
03-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Capitano

Interesting rumour...JD has a lot of people's respect or so it seems. This wouldn't surprise me at all when you think of how BG shocked us with the Kovalev acquisition last trading deadline. It looks somewhat similar too...where the player in question is a UFA...

Interesting...

Personally I'd also be willing to part with Perez, but only IF we could sign Jokinen. I don't think you can get a guy like Jokinen for giving up nothing, and I think teams like Ottawa and Calgary are willing to give more considering their position in the standings and their chances at the cup. So I'd give Zednik and Perezhogin in a heartbeat if we could get Jokinen, but only if he signed right away like I said.

Perez is good but Kost can easily replace him imo.

Cap

Old
03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
larue*

I have come to a serious conclusion in my serious and non serious assumption of Alexandre Perezoghin. I want him to remain a hab. He is a keeper.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman
this afternoon,mentioned that if Florida loses to the Habs I think on Saturday , there is something in the works with Zednick and others for Jokinen. I CAN`T SEE
him in a package to us , but it would be a good move by BG.
Jokinen is probably going to get around 5 million bucks/yr on the open market... he turned down a 4yr 16 mil offer from FLA.

I dont think the habs can afford to keep him long term like they did with kovalev. With that being said, Gainey can only trade players that are not part of the long term plan in montreal. With that being said, how can Gainey entice Keenan into dealing Jokinen to the habs?

Old
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
goalchenyuk

Ottawa have already offered Havlat and their first draft choice for Jokinen , so i don't see how the Habs could get him with a Zednik-Ribeiro combo ...

Also , do we have the $$$ space to get him next years ? It would be a lot of the cap money invested in Koivu-Kovalev-Jokinen -Theodore . Exepted if Gainey is currently sure to deal one of this 4 players ( there is a rumour that Flames wants Kovy if they don't get Jokinen ! ) , i can't see this deal happening .

I suppose that Hill is probably the one involve for a trade .

Old
03-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Ottawa have already offered Havlat and their first draft choice for Jokinen , so i don't see how the Habs could get him with a Zednik-Ribeiro combo ...

Also , do we have the $$$ space to get him next years ? It would be a lot of the cap money invested in Koivu-Kovalev-Jokinen -Theodore . Exepted if Gainey is currently sure to deal one of this 4 players ( there is a rumour that Flames wants Kovy if they don't get Jokinen ! ) , i can't see this deal happening .

I suppose that Hill is probably the one involve for a trade .
If Ottawa has offered that, then i am jumping for joy. This could be Jarome Iginla for Joe N all over again. Florida would be all over that deal like a fat girl on a smartie. Havlat if he can stay healthy over a course of a year could easily put up 80 to 100 points in his prime. And this for a rental player...

But i kinda doubt Ottawa would make such a deal.

Old
03-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Then you are very very stupid.
Perezhogin is the only potential firstliner of our "graduated" prospects... everything I heard or read about BG's sight on Perezhogin, I strongly doubt he's about to trade the kid.

The only thing that really bothers me is that Perezhogin went to Omsk in the Turin break to meet with the Avangard Omsk owner... hope he won't go back...

Old
03-02-2006, 04:05 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

ok so Okinen is coming and Bertuzzi aswell, wow, all FREE PLAYERS, we have nothing to offer, how great is that!!!!

people

Old
03-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Jokinen is probably going to get around 5 million bucks/yr on the open market... he turned down a 4yr 16 mil offer from FLA.

I dont think the habs can afford to keep him long term like they did with kovalev. With that being said, Gainey can only trade players that are not part of the long term plan in montreal. With that being said, how can Gainey entice Keenan into dealing Jokinen to the habs?
EXACTLY!! Jokinen would be a really good addition but we'd have to dump alot of salary in the off season to be able to afford him long-term. And bumping salaries like Theodore and Bonk are way the hell easier said than done.

And I guarantee we have to give up a high end prospect a la Perezhogin and probably a draft pick to get him considering the other teams out there looking for a Jokinen-type centre.

Don't know if this move is worth it for the Habs.

Old
03-02-2006, 07:13 AM
RC51

The Carbo Gainey plan must be to shoot for 2008.
Everything is pointing to that year for the Habs.
Current rookies and new rookies to come.
Good rookies, cheap rookies ( cap )

The Habs need to score more. At the heart of that problem is a good second line centre at the right age group to be there in 2008.

A power forward would realy help also, but not quite as much as that good centre.

Rookies like Prez,Kost,Pleks,Higgins are the 2008 team, so do not trade away.

Defence needs help but again if your team is much more dangerous and scores more, many defence problems is wiped out.

some current players need to go, and they are not part of the 2008 team.

If Gainey can land Joki than GOOD, if he can't then too bad and move on. The Plan comes first.

Time will take care of many problems anyway. (Theo/Bonk/Sundstrum/Zednik/Ribs)

My guess is both Chipchura and Tender will be the 2007-2008 rookies. Kost will make the Habs next year.
With 1-2 more years under thier belt, Pleks/Prez/Higgins will hit thier prime and I expect they will realy produce.

All this makes the Habs look like this in 2008.

Prez/Koivu/Kovy
Kost/ Joki / Ryder ( if Gainey can land Joki )
Higgins/Pleks/Tender
Bulis/Chip/Begin

and of all the rest of the Habs prospects, at least 2 will Make the cut to the Habs for sure. You just can't expect 20 busts as prospects.

This is the kind of Habs team I see for 2008.
4 good lines. A Gainey/Carbo Team.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
sheed36

Will the Habs beat the Cats tonight so I guess Jokinen will be dealt to the Hab's soon if JD was right.I am not holding my breath waiting for this to happen though but would be real nice if it did.I hope JD knows what he is talking about.Go Habs!!!!!

Old
03-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Ottawa have already offered Havlat and their first draft choice for Jokinen
Wrong. If they offered that the deal would already be done.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

"2) If, however, Jokinen is going to be dealt by the Panthers, the Ottawa Senators will be at the front of the line to get him, but they won't be parting with, as rumoured, Anton Volchenkov or any other blue chipper off their roster. A Jokinen deal will be done for draft picks, some high drafts picks and perhaps many draft picks, but just draft picks."

Old
03-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
Wrong. If they offered that the deal would already be done.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

"2) If, however, Jokinen is going to be dealt by the Panthers, the Ottawa Senators will be at the front of the line to get him, but they won't be parting with, as rumoured, Anton Volchenkov or any other blue chipper off their roster. A Jokinen deal will be done for draft picks, some high drafts picks and perhaps many draft picks, but just draft picks."

if it is just about draft picks if i was flordia id want the best draft picks (highest)

if montreal finishes 8 th why not take there draft picks over ottawa's?

Old
03-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Teufelsdreck

Not only are the Panthers well behind the 8th place Habs, but they'd have to leapfrog over a bunch of other teams to reach the playoffs. They are on life support now and should realize it would be almost futile to hold on to Jokinen for their playoff push. They might as well deal right now before some of the rumored suitors for Jokinen make Plan B trades instead.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Artyukhin*

flordia loses to carolina tommrow night you can offically pull the plug on life support

Old
03-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
The only thing that really bothers me is that Perezhogin went to Omsk in the Turin break to meet with the Avangard Omsk owner... hope he won't go back...
Has this ever been confirmed officially? I thought this was just rumor.

Closed Thread