HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi could be on his way to montreal Pierre Maguire team 990

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2006, 04:31 AM
Ape Clutch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
by St Hubert.. do you mean the restaurant or the city? If it's the city.. I decline. I don't want to go to Vancouver.

or am i missing part of a joke here?
meh poor delivery, i was trying to point out how no 1 turns down ribs of any kind (pork ribs) and so i was just throwing in St. Hubert (chicken - also a ribeiro quality -) into the whole thing to seal the deal. yes i was talking about the restaurant :p

Old
03-02-2006, 05:04 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

so ok he's on his way to montreal since when now ? I guess his airplane crashed or something

Old
03-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Sure they save a lot of cap space, but what good does that do at this time of the year?... Might as well just keep Bertuzzi and dump him in the off-season if that is the route they are going to go.
EXACTLY!! This is why I don't see Bertuzzi being moved before the deadline. Why would a playoff-bound team be trying to dump salary going into the playoffs?

Old
03-02-2006, 07:50 AM
mcphee

First off, as previously posted. This wasn't a rumour involving McGuire in any way. Melnick mentionned it, and asked McGuire for his opinion. I found it odd because Melnick doesn't put rumour guys on his show, and generally is careful to distinguish between speculation and an actual tip he got somewhere.
McGuire was asked if he'd take Bertuzzi . His reply was that if he was a new coach or gm, trying to make his place in the league, he wouldn't touch him. If he was Bob Gainey, working with Carbo, strong enough to stand up to the player and ignore the ehat that came with him, yes, he would take him.

Personally, I like the idea of Bertuzzi. The team becomes a balanced offensive threat and everyone's role changes a bit. The morning show speaks of Bullis,Zed,Souray or some combination of the 3. If Souray was to go, I'd assume that they'd acquire a d man who was being salary dumped by a team out of contention. Cullimore comes to mind. Maybe not him, maybe Weinrich, but you know what I'm getting at.

Having said that, I don't know how the idea of Bertuzzi compares to the real guy.I don't see him as much as mcclusky,Van-Hab and Hackett, so..... otoh, Gainey isn't going by a stat book, they do employ scouts, so, who knows, we'll have to see. The one thing is that Bert. has been a ticking time bomb since Jr. and seems to have the impulse control of a small child. Moore wasn't his first brush with thug life. We'll see I guess.

Oh, and as far as Jokinen goes, his agent is Gandler, which in itself will scare away a lot of teams.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:40 AM
montreal25m

The deal...would be..

In my opinion it would be something like Souray and Zednick for Bertz. I personally think the trade would be good for both sides. Yes Bertz is a hot head, but you know what, he is something we desperately need..a guy that other teams fear, wonder when is going to snap next etc. The last guy we had like that who had a touch and was gritty and bit crazy was Chelios.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin
Sure they save a lot of cap space, but what good does that do at this time of the year?... Might as well just keep Bertuzzi and dump him in the off-season if that is the route they are going to go.
Easier said than done. Players values are at their highest (especially for ones with as many warts as Bertuzzi or Theodore) at the trade deadline. In the off-season, teams are not as desparate to trade since they can go out and get UFAs for free.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal25m
In my opinion it would be something like Souray and Zednick for Bertz. I personally think the trade would be good for both sides. Yes Bertz is a hot head, but you know what, he is something we desperately need..a guy that other teams fear, wonder when is going to snap next etc. The last guy we had like that who had a touch and was gritty and bit crazy was Chelios.
It makes no sense for the Habs to trade away a defenseman.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Pat

I'm listening to team 990 and they had a phone poll this morning on Bertuzzi to the Habs. callers where 50/50 on that rumour. general opinion on Bert is that people don't want him with the Habs because of the Bertuzzi/Moore saga.

Last edited by Pat: 03-02-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old
03-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't really want Bertuzzi on my team, but OTOH, if somehow Gainey scoops him, there'd have to be a bit of a hat tip due there all the same... Kovalev and Bertuzzi are pretty big names in successive years for a non-contending team to come away with.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:56 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
meh poor delivery, i was trying to point out how no 1 turns down ribs of any kind (pork ribs) and so i was just throwing in St. Hubert (chicken - also a ribeiro quality -) into the whole thing to seal the deal. yes i was talking about the restaurant :p
You get a 9/10 on the originality and a 9/10 on the idea. But I give ou 3.5/10 for the execution.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymand
You get a 9/10 on the originality and a 9/10 on the idea. But I give ou 3.5/10 for the execution.
Boy, that's pretty cheap for an execution. What time does it start?

Old
03-02-2006, 10:10 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
I don't really want Bertuzzi on my team, but OTOH, if somehow Gainey scoops him, there'd have to be a bit of a hat tip due there all the same... Kovalev and Bertuzzi are pretty big names in successive years for a non-contending team to come away with.
I'm sort of torn between, the don't want that guy on my team, and finally, a power forward. Do you think Gainey does in effect have a plan. Bertuzzi for a season and change buys Latendresse some time. Koivu until the franchise is stronger and top level players are attracted to the team.

Is the team better, plugging in Bert. at the rumoured cost ? I think it is, presuming a veteran d man can be had to play Souray's minutes.

Is Bertuzzi some sort of bad karma jinx ? I don't know. Carbo has experience in the conference and doesn't have to be political with his input, so I'll trust whatever happens.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
I'm sort of torn between, the don't want that guy on my team, and finally, a power forward. Do you think Gainey does in effect have a plan. Bertuzzi for a season and change buys Latendresse some time. Koivu until the franchise is stronger and top level players are attracted to the team.

Is the team better, plugging in Bert. at the rumoured cost ? I think it is, presuming a veteran d man can be had to play Souray's minutes.

Is Bertuzzi some sort of bad karma jinx ? I don't know. Carbo has experience in the conference and doesn't have to be political with his input, so I'll trust whatever happens.
I wouldn't go so far as to be torn about it (us troglodytes have no forgiveness for the troglodytic actions of others), but I can see how it might work out well for the Habs, despite the seeming incongruity of the whole idea. I mean, there was clearly some risk involved in picking up Kovalev too, flaky and floater-labelled as he was at the time of that trade. I would have thought that Bertuzzi's power forward label would end up cranking his marketability level well above Kovalev, though. Plus, I guess if it's Zednik and Souray involved, it really doesn't hit our payroll as badly as one would initially expect. So, yeah... it needn't be a disaster or anything. Could work out fine. A Weinrich-for-4th rounder type of deal could plug our defense hole for the rest of the year adequately enough, although it still sets us back at the position for next year.

All in all... I hope we don't need to test that karma theory, but it would definitely give us something to talk about if it ever happened!

Old
03-02-2006, 10:41 AM
AD

Karma karma karma karma karma cameleon..... you come and go.... you come and goooo....

Old
03-02-2006, 10:46 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Boy, that's pretty cheap for an execution. What time does it start?
They're selling post cards to the hanging,
They're painting the passports brown

Old
03-02-2006, 10:46 AM
goalchenyuk

Vancouver GM denied the rumour already....he didn't talk with Gainey about Bert....

Old
03-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Capitano

Bad rep or not I'd take Bert for Souray and Zednik in a snap. I mean honestly, I've seen way worse than what Bertuzzi did to Moore.

Bert did his time and paid his price. I forgive him. And I think he'd be fantastic in a hab uniform.

Cap

Old
03-02-2006, 10:48 AM
oli500

im all for bertuzi. Look at what happen to heatly when he change scenary. thats what bertz needs maybe. We need a big guy like bertuzi. He could create so much room for guys like koivu and ribeiro. can you imagine if we get bertuzi and latendresse makes the team next year. bertuzi -center- lantendresse. that would be a pretty scary duo.

Old
03-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Vancouver GM denied the rumour already....he didn't talk with Gainey about Bert....
And if he said he had talked to Gainey what good could come of it? Not saying they did talk but in this case he has to deny it either way.

Cap

Old
03-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
They're selling post cards to the hanging,
They're painting the passports brown
Aha, I wondered why the circus was in town and all those sailors were at the beauty parlor.

I'm glad it's a hanging, though. A hanging lasts longer than a standard decapitation but, unfortunately, is less messy. And now, with Kyoto, no more burnings at the stake, which was my favourite.

Last edited by Gros Bill: 03-02-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old
03-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
That is heaven

Oh my!
I would love this line-up. Probably only wishful thinking though.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Brett38

Listen everyone, Bertuzzi won't step out of line in Montreal. If he did, Gainey would only have to look at him and Bert would crawl under a rock and hide. Gainey has that look about him that would melt anyone. I remember Larry Robinson saying that about Gainey many years back.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Aha, I wondered why the circus was in town and all those sailors were at the beauty parlor.

I'm glad it's a hanging, though. A hanging lasts longer than a standard decapitation but, unfortunately, is less messy. And now, with Kyoto, no more burnings at the stake, which was my favourite.
I don't know where you live, GB, but it looks like Kyoto isn't going to stop any burning-at-the-stakes anywhere my side of the ocean anytime soon. That said, wouldn't Kyoto affect the electric chair even more than burning at the stake? (Flash before my eyes, now it's time to die. Burning in my brain, I can feel the flame... works either way, though.)

Past that, I'd rather throw... whose execution is it again? oh yeah... Kanye West (afterall, we at war with terrorism, racism but most of all we at war with ourselves, sorry Kanye, get ready to walk with Jesus buddy)... I'd rather throw him to the lions or something like that. Give 'em a fighting chance.

- Blind "Commissioner" Gardien

Old
03-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I don't know where you live, GB, but it looks like Kyoto isn't going to stop any burning-at-the-stakes anywhere my side of the ocean anytime soon. That said, wouldn't Kyoto affect the electric chair even more than burning at the stake? (Flash before my eyes, now it's time to die. Burning in my brain, I can feel the flame... works either way, though.)

Past that, I'd rather throw... whose execution is it again? oh yeah... Kanye West (afterall, we at war with terrorism, racism but most of all we at war with ourselves, sorry Kanye, get ready to walk with Jesus buddy)... I'd rather throw him to the lions or something like that. Give 'em a fighting chance.

Lions are so passé (you've seen one execution by lions, you've seen them all), but maybe we'd get good press, with Brigitte Bardot and "Sir" Paul finally on board.

And I'm not sure which side of the ocean you're on (or even which ocean you're referring to), but, where I live, we haven't had a burning at the stake in years, not since Pinotte got fired, in fact. Maybe it's Kyoto, maybe not.

To keep this post on topic, I thought Bertuzzi was the "executee". Mmm, Bertuzzi Burgers.

Old
03-02-2006, 11:31 AM
AD

Quote:

No no no!!! its his execution not his execution!!! you know.. his execution.. I mean.. err..

I like a good old fashion stoning myself. Cheap, slow, and no harmful environmental side effects.

Closed Thread