HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No imminent trades?

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2006, 07:24 PM
rpk113

vCash: 500
No imminent trades?

I just spotted Sather at a Restaurant on the Upper East Side called Primola. Good Food, didn't stop to say Hi, he was with his wife and I didn't want to ruin their dinner.

Old
03-01-2006, 07:28 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpk113
I just spotted Sather at a Restaurant on the Upper East Side called Primola. Good Food, didn't stop to say Hi, he was with his wife and I didn't want to ruin their dinner.
Classy move. Honestly, based on the trade speculations I've been reading, I hope the Rangers don't pull off any major trades.

Old
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
FLYLine24*

Good, i'd be ok with no changes.

Sather Makes Trade = We Loose some Youth ---- PASS

Old
03-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least a depth d-man picked up

Old
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least a depth d-man picked up
I agree, we're gonna need at least a depth defensemen, hopefully wont be too much to get such a person though.

Old
03-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Large_Farva*

Send a message via MSN to Large_Farva*
Here comes KARPOTSEV!

Old
03-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Larry Melnyk

we have a damn god chance to go far in the POs and A depth D-man won't be enoughh...we need a d-man that will, at the least, make Strudwick the depth D-man..And I expect the Rangers to make such a move and I have no problem giving up a litttle of the farm...That's what it's for...

Old
03-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
we have a damn god chance to go far in the POs and A depth D-man won't be enoughh...we need a d-man that will, at the least, make Strudwick the depth D-man..And I expect the Rangers to make such a move and I have no problem giving up a litttle of the farm...That's what it's for...
No, the farm is there to provide us with players. It is not there to help us overpay for veterans.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:03 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilvikingRangerFan
No, the farm is there to provide us with players. It is not there to help us overpay for veterans.
The farm can serve both purposes, but it must be used wisely.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilvikingRangerFan
Yes, it provides us with players to use and players to be traded to mae us a better team, especially when golden opportunities arise....This year might inded be one, and you can't ignore it...JMO..

Old
03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by romba
The farm can serve both purposes, but it must be used wisely.
Good call. You have to look at the farm, particularly the AHL level, and find guys that can be replaced by guys currently in the system or through FA. Guys like Wiseman, Falardeau, Taylor, Girardi, etc that don't really fit in out long term plans can be moved in a package for a depth D or whatever else we may need.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:41 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by midclasscasualty
Good call. You have to look at the farm, particularly the AHL level, and find guys that can be replaced by guys currently in the system or through FA. Guys like Wiseman, Falardeau, Taylor, Girardi, etc that don't really fit in out long term plans can be moved in a package for a depth D or whatever else we may need.
The reason they don't fit into NYR long term plans is because they are not NHL players now, and probably not in near future. Good minor league players they may be, I do not see them bringing back any type of player who can help NYR.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Janerixon

a depth d-man could be added via waivers, remember two seasons ago how many players were waived and changed teams at the deadline, obviously the cap could impact this but if we are looking for a 7th man and theres no good deals out there im sure sather will make a waiver pick up

we will see, id prefer we add a 2nd pair stay at home type guy, but its not my team

Old
03-01-2006, 10:23 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
a depth d-man could be added via waivers, remember two seasons ago how many players were waived and changed teams at the deadline, obviously the cap could impact this but if we are looking for a 7th man and theres no good deals out there im sure sather will make a waiver pick up

we will see, id prefer we add a 2nd pair stay at home type guy, but its not my team
at best we get Willie Mitchell or Gauthier for defensive help, at worst we get Brad Brown, Todd Simpson, Sean O Donnell

Old
03-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Yizee*

mccabe

I was watching the maple leafs last night and Bryan McCabe was the go to guy on the powerplay he hit the net 4 out of 4 times that I saw him shoot - he is exactly what we need for our powerplay or someone like him cause our defense isnt good enough and powerplay is important

Old
03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
at best we get Willie Mitchell or Gauthier for defensive help, at worst we get Brad Brown, Todd Simpson, Sean O Donnell
All can be had for Hossa or Wiseman or less.

Old
03-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Good, i'd be ok with no changes.

Sather Makes Trade = We Loose some Youth ---- PASS

Old
03-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Strudwick is an extremely important part of this team's chemistry (well-respected/liked in the room), and certainly hasn't done anything this season to earn a "depth" status. I don't know how he's keeping up this year, but he definitely is.

Old
03-02-2006, 01:03 AM
TheRedressor

I wouldn't mind trading a few players from the farm, you have to figure that some players are going to become expendable.

Old
03-02-2006, 07:32 AM
shoothepuck

Some players on the farm are expendable, and should be traded to pick up a solid D man. Room also needs to be made for new players coming into the system. Rebuild or not, the big clubs needs have to be addressed.

Old
03-02-2006, 08:54 AM
bathgate

As the deadline approaches,the Toronto Star details buyers ans sellers for each team Take a look and comment. Some of it is a joke

Old
03-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Kluivert4Ever

The farm can be used to add important pieces when you are dealing from strenghts (ie. Kondratiev for Sykora), not sure what constitute as a strenght at the moment but I feel that a deal for Carney wont result in us giving up too much.

Old
03-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
Strudwick is an extremely important part of this team's chemistry (well-respected/liked in the room), and certainly hasn't done anything this season to earn a "depth" status. I don't know how he's keeping up this year, but he definitely is.
I agree on Strudwick's importance in terms of chemistyr, leadershoi and locker-room.....Still, I thiink his weaknesses show when he is used continually as a top 6 D-man...I'd rather have him as a 7-th D-man (remeber what Lidster did?) and 12-14th forward that can play both positions and provide Renney with a lot of flexibility when injuries arise...

Old
03-02-2006, 09:54 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I agree on Strudwick's importance in terms of chemistyr, leadershoi and locker-room.....Still, I thiink his weaknesses show when he is used continually as a top 6 D-man...I'd rather have him as a 7-th D-man (remeber what Lidster did?) and 12-14th forward that can play both positions and provide Renney with a lot of flexibility when injuries arise...
Agreed, LM. I think that people are letting their heart rule logic on this one. Strudwick is a great lockerroom guy, but he is not a top-6 defenseman. He can be a good cheerleader if he is not dressed, just as much as he can be when he is dressed.

Old
03-02-2006, 02:54 PM
HAPPY HOUR

On the other side, I wonder if Milbury will trade players like Parrish,Bates,Kvasha to our eastern conf. rivals for picks. It has been rumored for years that one of the reasons that Slats went after Poti was to keep him from going to the Isles.Would it be that out of the realm of possibility that Mad Mike will trade with teams like Philly,Ottawa, or Buffalo, just to make the Rangers chances to make a legit run that more difficult???

Closed Thread