HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal/Rumor:Philly/Phoenix

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2006, 10:41 PM
King Fish

vCash: 500
Proposal/Rumor:Philly/Phoenix

To Philly: Doan, Morris (assuming cleared by doctors)

To Phoenix: RJ Umberger, Matt Ellison, Philly's 1st & 2nd in 06

Rumor is that the hold up is Morris getting cleared by staff.

Old
02-27-2006, 10:41 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

when Bobby Clarke wants something... he gets it.

Old
02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
*OvechKiN*

I dontk now if I'd do this from PHO perspective, giving up Doan would be hard without a solid top6 guy in return

Old
02-27-2006, 10:48 PM
XX
... Waiting

Im pretty sure you lifted that from here:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=225409

So. No it doesnt make me all that excited, given the way we draft.
I want a blue chip prospect or SOLID SOLID young player for Doan.

A load of picks is wasted on the Coyote's scouts. Barnett should know this by now

Old
02-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

As a Yotes fan I don't like the deal. It might not be way off value wise although I'd say a bit low. But I don't want to see our captain moved unless it's a deal that Barnett couldn't refuse. I don't think this one qualifies.

Old
02-27-2006, 10:50 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX

A load of picks is wasted on the Coyote's scouts. Barnett should know this by now
I like my deal in that thread much better. With the idea that with 2 firsts and 2 seconds we could trade to move way up in the draft where even the Yotes couldn't screw it up.

Old
02-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

I'm still thinking any deal wih Doan going to Philly would involve Richards going the other way, sorry Flyers' fans

Old
02-27-2006, 11:00 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote
As a Yotes fan I don't like the deal. It might not be way off value wise although I'd say a bit low. But I don't want to see our captain moved unless it's a deal that Barnett couldn't refuse. I don't think this one qualifies.
Barnett doesn't seem to mind getting hosed by Clarke, or PHO doesn't seem to mind getting hosed by Clarke.

Nedved = was on a PPG when he was playing until groin problem
Esche & Handzus for Boucher = easy winner there
Comrie for Burke, Radio and Eager = Great defensive player in Radio, problem free backup for Esche and a "typical" flyer player in Eager, Comrie has yet to do anything for Phoenix.

Old
02-27-2006, 11:04 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Barnett doesn't seem to mind getting hosed by Clarke, or PHO doesn't seem to mind getting hosed by Clarke.

Nedved = was on a PPG when he was playing until groin problem
Esche & Handzus for Boucher = easy winner there
Comrie for Burke, Radio and Eager = Great defensive player in Radio, problem free backup for Esche and a "typical" flyer player in Eager, Comrie has yet to do anything for Phoenix.
The world must be pretty boring when its all the same rose color.

Old
02-27-2006, 11:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
The world must be pretty boring when its all the same rose color.
Yeah, and you're the one who is seeing it in that color.

The Flyers are easy winners in every trade made with the Coyotes (and frankly, other teams can say the same thing). Barnett's been owned in almost every trade he has made and thinks he can fix it by throwing some money around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins
I'm still thinking any deal wih Doan going to Philly would involve Richards going the other way, sorry Flyers' fans

We'd pass anyways. Richards is going to be better than Doan within a few years. We're not the ones who are looking for sympathy there

Old
02-27-2006, 11:14 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
The Flyers are easy winners in every trade made with the Coyotes (and frankly, other teams can say the same thing). Barnett's been owned in almost every trade he has made and thinks he can fix it by throwing some money around.
Yeah, and every chance you get you hate on Barnett. Your ignorance in some past threads is shameful, to say the least. You refuse to acknowledge any positive moves by Barnett. Ohh but thats right, there isnt any, is there?

You won the Comrie trade? how? You gave up a young dynamic center for 2 grinders and a goalie rental.

You won the Nedved trade? how? The Coyotes got rid of that injury plagued, overpaid cancer. Any use you get out of him is of no concern to us. It wasnt a "move ahead" trade. It was a straight out dump.

Handzus didnt even want to be here. Im not going to touch that one.

Old
02-27-2006, 11:19 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Yeah, and every chance you get you hate on Barnett. Your ignorance in some past threads is shameful, to say the least. You refuse to acknowledge any positive moves by Barnett. Ohh but thats right, there isnt any, is there?

You won the Comrie trade? how? You gave up a young dynamic center for 2 grinders and a goalie rental.

You won the Nedved trade? how? The Coyotes got rid of that injury plagued, overpaid cancer. Any use you get out of him is of no concern to us. It wasnt a "move ahead" trade. It was a straight out dump.

I think you need to take the rose colored glasses off yourself my friend. Take a step back and tell me which side you would rather be on the guys we got or the guys that you got in return??

Old
02-27-2006, 11:24 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I guess the Coyotes do need to fill their near-weekly trade quota...

Is it me, or would you not want to play for the Coyotes? If they could I'm sure they'd be in every transaction in the league.

Old
02-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

I'm not sure where Philly is as far as the cap goes, but to add Doan and Morris would cost 5.66 million dollars, and I can't imagine the Flyers have that kind of cap room

Old
02-27-2006, 11:28 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
I think you need to take the rose colored glasses off yourself my friend. Take a step back and tell me which side you would rather be on the guys we got or the guys that you got in return??
Maybe you should consider the context of which the trades were made. Phoenix is not a playoff bound team. Philly is. A playoff bound team does not deal roster players for picks and prospects. A non-playoff team doesnt deal for older rental players. Catch my drift?

Thats great you got something out of Nedved. Doesnt change the fact he played like **** here. Im glad hes gone, and so are the fans and players. Im happy Branko has found a spot, and Eager made it to the show. But Comrie fits well in this new NHL, and although he is far from perfect, I like what I see for far from him.

And Esche doesnt exactly look like an allstar from his stats this year.

Comrie is young, Seidenberg is young. Boucher was a failed experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 19
I guess the Coyotes do need to fill their near-weekly trade quota...

Is it me, or would you not want to play for the Coyotes? If they could I'm sure they'd be in every transaction in the league.
Im sorry, but we sorta have a GM and staff that holds plays accountable. Im not sure if this is a new concept to the NHL?

Tanabe - played like crap, will never be the same. traded.
Nedved - cancer, useless. traded.
LeClerc - okay I loved him here. Best wishes in Calgary.
Boucher - ran out of chances. traded.

everything else is just minor stuff.

Taffe for Lundmark, who is now on the Coyotes roster.
And we got Taffe back. Kolanos for Brendl. Again... not a big deal.
Westrum and Wood for Michalek. Traded 2 AHLers for our #1 Dman thus far. Id say thats a good trade.

Old
02-27-2006, 11:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:

What has Comrie done for the Coyotes? He's been OK, but not the super, insane, crazy, tripindicular game breaking center that he's hyped up to be every season. Radivojevic plays important defensive roles, including a spot on our PK, and Eager has far surpassed expectations for even this season. Contrary to popular belief, Comrie has not excelled in the new NHL, he has done OK, but not as good as he should be. So much so Wayne had him in the press box a few times.

Nedved has been rather useful for us, even though the jury is still well out on that. 2 guys who were useless for their teams dealt, but hey, we got the option to swap 3rd and 4th round picks, so if Nedved and Seidenberg flame out, we still win. Plus we can afford Nedved, and we can even trade him again and would probably get more than what Seidenberg was worth to us.

Handzus may have not wanted to be there, but you also gave us your starting goaltender for one-hit wonder in Brian Boucher, how'd that work out? Handzus was still under contract to the Coyotes, it wasn't like they had to take the first deal for him.

He's made far more worse deals than good ones. Getting Michalek and Ballard (even though Vaananen > Morris) is about the only good trades he made.

Let's talk other deals...how's that Daniel Briere for Chris Gratton deal working out? Jan Hrdina?

And you're right, I don't praise Barnett, because for a good reason...he is an utter moron and has done nothing to make anyone outside of Arizona thinks he is capable of doing his job. If you're ok with mediocre teams, selling players at the deadline for junk, modeling your offseason after the Rangers of the pre-cap era and terrible drafting (I still laugh when I see Blake Wheeler taken at 5th overall), well then that's your preogetative. I don't mention any of the good things Barnett has done because there aren't any worth mentioning. I only bring this up when someone talks about how he hosed the Flyers when it's been quite the opposite.

Oh man, I almost forgot the best one of all....Daymond Langkow for a 1st and 2nd round pick. One was Jeff Carter, the other helped us land Pitkanen. Langkow was alright for a while and then was dumped for Oleg Saprykin and Denis Gauthier, hey, at least they were both former 1st round picks who probably aren't worth anymore than 4ths.

BTW...thanks for the extra 2nd round pick this year. The Coyotes are terrible at drafting so you probably don't need it anyways.

Old
02-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Gags1288

Quote:

Actually, this rumor came from another board. Someone living in Philadelphia with a source within the Flyers organization and someone living in Pheonix (head of the site) with a source within the Pheonix organization both were hearing pretty much the same deal. Apparently, the hold-up was the status of Keith Primeau and his unwillingness to officially call it a season (was posted this morning, before Primeau's press conference announcment for tomorrow). It was also said, if the deal was going to happen, it would most likely take place on March 1st. The Flyers need Primeau's money to make any big deal feasible under the cap (which is why it would be possible for the Flyers to take on Doan without shedding significant salary).

Now that Primeau is prepared to call it a season, we should find out if this is legitimate within the next few days. If this is going to happen, it's probably already been agreed upon and will be announced on Friday at the latest. I assume they'll let Keith have his day tomorrow and if there is indeed a deal it would probably be announced early Thursday.

If this is legit, I think it's a pretty good deal for both teams. From what I've been told, the Yotes are right at the their self imposed cap of 32 mil (could be wrong here) and have a number of RFA's/UFA's that they wish to retain. Dealing Doan, while un-desirable as it may be, would allow them to retain some of their players who are up for free-agency. Doan would be a tremendous acquisition for the Flyers and a healthy Morris or Gauthier would probably give the Flyers the best 1-6 defense in the entire NHL (at least there with Ottawa and Calgary, Pitkanen/Hatcher/Johnsson/Desjardins/Rathje/Morris and Meyer as #7 is pretty impressive,imo).

Umberger would be a real good pickup for Pheonix. He's going to be a solid 2nd line player and he's already a pretty good NHL'er despite having missed an entire year of development a few years back. Ellison is a player I don't know a ton about (was acquired from Chicago for Patrick Sharp), but I've heard he's a solid 3rd or 4th liner right now and could improve on that. The Flyers have 4 2nds so they obviously can afford to deal a few of them, but the 1st is a decent sized loss.

All in all, I don't think it's a bad trade from either perspective. In Pheonix, it may allow them to retain some players they wish to keep and add to their young core in a significant way (both with Umberger/Ellison and through the draft). In Philadelphia, they add a top 6 winger that they need and a depth defenseman who has a lot of talent and who is maybe most importantly, a right hand shot.

Old
02-28-2006, 12:00 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

so the rumour is from a fan based site and not from the media?

Old
02-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
I'm not going to actually leave that garbage in the quote. My only comment is that that is one of the most inflamatory (read flaming) posts I have ever read on these boards. And you're a mod?

Old
02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
yakko

Quote:
I'm not going to actually leave that garbage in the quote. My only comment is that that is one of the most inflamatory (read flaming) posts I have ever read on these boards. And you're a mod?
It does seem like someone is a bit bitter for some reason.
I think they pick the mods based on post count instead of quality around here. I suppose there are worse ways to do it.

Old
02-28-2006, 01:45 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
GKJ is a good poster but he has a huge complex when it comes to the Coyotes. He's never been able to engage in rational discussion about them as far as I've seen.

Eager was hailed as the next Recchi on their boards.. 3 goals later he's wildly surpassed expectations? What a crock of .... Its pretty clear he'll say anything to defend his prejudice, especially when Langkow is apparently traded for Carter and Pitkanen.

The Langkow deal was still a good one that every Coyote fan would make again. Making out he was traded for Carter and Pitkanen is a grossly one-eyed way to evaluate the trade. Langkow was developed from a misfit 3rd liner to a #1 center and that trade carried the Coyotes from an organisation in disarray to a franchise record year.

Old
02-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:

He's made far more worse deals than good ones. Getting Michalek and Ballard (even though Vaananen > Morris) is about the only good trades he made.

Bloody Vaananen again.

Is there a more overrated defenseman in this league than Colorado's 3rd pairing guy who doesn't play special teams????''

Old
02-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll
Eager was hailed as the next Recchi on their boards.. 3 goals later he's wildly surpassed expectations? What a crock of .... Its pretty clear he'll say anything to defend his prejudice, especially when Langkow is apparently traded for Carter and Pitkanen.
I'm just curious where on earth you got the impression Flyers fans hailed Eager as the next Recchi? He's a tough grinder.

And yes, the acquisition of picks for Langkow ended up getting the Flyers Carter and Pitkanen. How can that be argued? If the Coyotes had kept the picks, they could have Carter and Pitkanen instead. Hindsight is 20/20, but come on, you're happy with how that ended up?

Old
02-28-2006, 02:25 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
when Bobby Clarke wants something... he gets it.
Yeah. Iginla's looked great as a Flyer!

02-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Forget a "top 6" player. If the Yotes move Doan (not even including Morris), they had better get at a minimum a young 1st line player in return. Not someone who has potential but someone who is fully expected to be a 1st line player. For those that want to argue that Doan isn't worth it, that is perfectly fine, go trade for someone else then!

Last edited by Sinurgy: 02-28-2006 at 04:50 AM.
Closed Thread