HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Is Tkachuk a possibility

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2006, 11:06 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Is Tkachuk a possibility

On 610 WIP the Flyers said they may look at a guy like Tkachuk. He would be a key to this team, and if its not Tkachuk, then someone like Tkachuk. I would like Tkachuk on our team because he isnt really injury prone. We only have about 1.3 mil to spend and buy someone out for the year.

Old
03-01-2006, 11:21 AM
TheKingPin

I dont WANT Tkachuk but if we got him I wouldnt be mad. I think he could be had for picks and a prospects or two, but not Umberger...so thats a plus

Old
03-01-2006, 11:27 AM
FlyersFanJS

i like tkachuk, but we can't give up anything real good for him, a prospect (Ruzicka) and a 2nd rounder but not much more, unfortunately i don't think he could be had for so little

Old
03-01-2006, 02:35 PM
califlyersfan

I doubt it'll happen, even with preems salary gone, he's still too expensive

Old
03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

i dont want him, he's got anotehr year on his contract doesnt he? he dissapears during the playoffs also. terrible trade, unless its only for a 2nd rounder, i wouldnt give any more for him

Old
03-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Lupul*

Tkachuk will not waive his no-trade clause.

Old
03-01-2006, 07:15 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Pretty much every forward on the US Olympic team was bad, and out of those bad forwards, Tkachuk was the one benched, thats not good.

He'd be what John LeClair was toward the end of his philly career, and I dont think thats what the team needs as we're getting outskated every game i'm able to watch

Old
03-01-2006, 09:47 PM
TheKingPin

I have heard more an more about Tkachuck, might just be a rumor spreading though. I say we get Kenean drunk and offer umberger for Jokinen straight up.

Old
03-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Yertle The Turtle

Send a message via AIM to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via MSN to Yertle The Turtle Send a message via Yahoo to Yertle The Turtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
I have heard more an more about Tkachuck, might just be a rumor spreading though. I say we get Kenean drunk and offer umberger for Jokinen straight up.

Brashear, Therien, and Savage for Jokinen... Is the deal if hes drunk

Old
03-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I don't want Tkachuk. I hope the deal doesn't happen. It will require too much for too little impact.

Old
03-01-2006, 11:54 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Nope. I dont do this deal. How do we resign Gagne, Pitkanen, Nitty, Johnsson or replacement, Rado or replacement, Ruzicka AND Jokinen???? This team is close to the cap as it is. Yes it is going to go up but with my rough math we are losing about 5 million? between Desjardin, Savage, Therien, Brashear. And then we need to add probably aroudn $20 by time you sign all the above. I dont see how it works.

Old
03-02-2006, 02:44 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

This link sez the Flyers, Bluebibs, and Debbies are all after Tkachuk:

http://www.forecaster.ca/cbc/hockey/...s-sellers-2006

Didn't any of those GMs watch the Olympics?

Old
03-02-2006, 03:26 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
Nope. I dont do this deal. How do we resign Gagne, Pitkanen, Nitty, Johnsson or replacement, Rado or replacement, Ruzicka AND Jokinen???? This team is close to the cap as it is. Yes it is going to go up but with my rough math we are losing about 5 million? between Desjardin, Savage, Therien, Brashear. And then we need to add probably aroudn $20 by time you sign all the above. I dont see how it works.
don't forget that the cap will be going up next year, i've heard everything from 42-46 max, i'm not saying we will be able to sign all the guys you mentioned, but it is something to keep in mind

Old
03-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Telecaster Fanatic

Keith with Peter, i would like that, but no way that is happening.

(I hope i am wrong, would love to get him on the Flyers)

Old
03-02-2006, 04:45 PM
stanley

I think Philadelphia would be interested in at least inquiring about Tkachuk.

Does anyone really think Pleau isn't listening to trade offers? Come on. He didn't offer a no-trade clause because he thought Tkachuk was a nice guy; he offered it because it was negotiated to that. I suspect that the loyalty that many have cited Tkachuk has to the Blues would wane if it came to him having to accept or reject a trade.

Nobody likes to hear that those to whom they have loyalty were ready and willing to send them away.

Old
03-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Flyers_
i dont want him, he's got anotehr year on his contract doesnt he? he dissapears during the playoffs also. terrible trade, unless its only for a 2nd rounder, i wouldnt give any more for him
He would make this team a lot better. He's never played for a legit contender. Put him on a team like the Flyers and he will do very well IMO.

Old
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Telecaster Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
He would make this team a lot better. He's never played for a legit contender. Put him on a team like the Flyers and he will do very well IMO.
Yep, IF Tkachuk would end up on the Flyers, i am sure he would step up and produce.

Old
03-03-2006, 02:06 AM
CB420

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHomer DM03
Pretty much every forward on the US Olympic team was bad, and out of those bad forwards, Tkachuk was the one benched, thats not good.

He'd be what John LeClair was toward the end of his philly career, and I dont think thats what the team needs as we're getting outskated every game i'm able to watch
man I was big fan of john leclair back when I was about 12 or 13 i dont know why I liked him as a player, back like you said when he was good, fearless crashin the net in his prime, but like you said they way he went out was bad, unfortunate injuries, he's not gonna get even 30 goals probly in this new nhl but anyway.

I think wit Primeau out for the year, wit the new cba rules the team of the injured player can compensate on his salary man and pick up another guy to fill the roster spot, and tubby...lardo B iii GG Keith will FILL that spot I

doubt Ed snider wants him, altho snider is known for goin after everyone, bobby clarke wanted nolan or the flyers were interested, the'll get some1 I dont think big keith ends up there, you never know they could use another winger with nedved, handzus and forsberg obviously up the middle with carter n richards.

Old
03-03-2006, 02:21 AM
Winston Wolf

Looking at this team right now, Keith Tkachuk is the last thing we need.

Closed Thread